Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Amor

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Maybe you should explain that to us more stupid posters then you patronising prick.

I don't know what extrapolate means.
    You are one hell of a nasty piece of work.
    Last edited by harwood saint; 27th February 2019 at 16:33. Reason: spelling

Maybe you should explain that to us more stupid posters then you patronising prick.

I don't know what extrapolate means.
    Perhaps you’d care to refresh my memory and show where I said you were stupid.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by harwood saint View Post
    You are one hell of a nasty piece of work.
    harwood saint, it`s better to ignore him and then forgive them comments. That really annoys him.

Learning All The Songs

FFS enough please.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    FFS enough please.
    It’s getting ridiculous.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

If I said I remember when this board used to be good. Is that a bit like saying knowsley road is better than TWS. Or is this place just going down the pan now?

Upside
    Non Members

It's alright round Rivi road

Learning All The Songs

No it's not, I'm getting dug out, called stupid or whatever but when I fire back it's wrong. The 3 of them are a bunch of knobheads, especially Tobasco and the Bobby Sands wannabe. I couldn't care less if people think I'm a bit of a tit, I am and it's a bit of fun but when they start calling me stupid, they get it back. Same as that other fella Stephen last week saying I should be banned for being sexist. I wouldn't mind if anyone could make a decent argument but they can't. Just because I don't follow the crowd and agree with everything doesn't make me wrong.
    LSF I don`t know you, a few times you have resorted to calling me personal names not once did I retort with same(trawl the boards to find them they are in your comments), now you are using historical political events as a cheap jibe. Thank God them sorry days of the hunger strike and blood on both sides pre cease fire days are over. You are not calling anyone out you are looking for personal points to deflect your comments and justify what you post. You say you are a nice bloke but remember self praise is no honour the greatest threat to democracy is self governance if you think you are nice, good luck with them thoughts.

Yeah, you're right. Mentioning those dark days was wrong, I apologise. But I don't apologise for calling you, amongst others self righteous, or anything else. We all care about our club but some people want to do it and come out of the ground holding hands with the other fans. Myself, as long as we win, I couldn't care less. My point as usual is, we all have different opinions, I don't force my more old school opinions on folk until they start forcing theirs on me in the same way I don't think I'm better than anyone on here but if they call me stupid I'll soon make them look as stupid as they call me.
    Feel free to respond in kind to anyone who calls you stupid by all means. If you cared to trawl, through my posts, however, you would be unable to find one where I called you such (although I did state that I believed you sometimes feign stupidity to wind people up). As far as making anyone look stupid, however, you’ll need to do more than call people names such as snowflake, or decry supposed PC comments, or post jpegs, or poke fun at their age or where they live. Just have another JD and calm down.
    Last edited by Tabasco; 27th February 2019 at 22:50.

Learning All The Songs

Yeah, you're right. Mentioning those dark days was wrong, I apologise. But I don't apologise for calling you, amongst others self righteous, or anything else. We all care about our club but some people want to do it and come out of the ground holding hands with the other fans. Myself, as long as we win, I couldn't care less. My point as usual is, we all have different opinions, I don't force my more old school opinions on folk until they start forcing theirs on me in the same way I don't think I'm better than anyone on here but if they call me stupid I'll soon make them look as stupid as they call me.
    No need to apologise, your opinion of me does not impact my life in any way, shape or form. I can assure you I do not think you are stupid nor have I ever posted that or a personal insult. I wish you well, the pimms is the same in all bars, though it does taste better in the business lounge, enjoy them, instead of being a wa@ker whipping up a war.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Unless we have identified a worthwhile target for the spare money that would significantly improve our squad, I’m not in favour of releasing players. Firstly, you never know whether an injury crisis is just around the corner and, more importantly, why would we want one of our rivals to strengthen themselves? Reading the comments of Wigan and Leeds fans, for example, many have identified a need to add a prop or two to their squads and I can’t see any benefit in helping those clubs compete better with us.

Ahem, to get back on thread...

You make fair points about not wanting to strengthen rivals, but how far do you take that and, given Amor hasn't ripped up any trees for a couple of years now, how much would we really be strengthening them?

As for your other point, I think we lack quality depth in the second row. Taia faded markedly as last season wore on and, another year older, it's not unreasonable to assume there's a good chance of a repeat. Peyroux, after a resurgence in JH's first season and into the first part of last, has looked well out of form since. I think Knowles is superb doing the rough stuff in the middle, but struggles as a running SR out wide (although I appreciate some take a different view). Bentley is unproven at this level and perhaps too small; he's been tried in a few positions over the last 12 months. Batchelor is playing mostly centre and again is unproven at this level (even less experienced that Bentley).

So we've several players who can do a job there (throw in LMS, Paulo, Ashworth), but Taia apart, none have shown consistent quality over a period of time that fills me with confidence. I'd therefore be looking at shipping out Amor and one of the SR options (Peyroux I guess) and bringing in a quality wide-running SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Ahem, to get back on thread...

You make fair points about not wanting to strengthen rivals, but how far do you take that and, given Amor hasn't ripped up any trees for a couple of years now, how much would we really be strengthening them?

As for your other point, I think we lack quality depth in the second row. Taia faded markedly as last season wore on and, another year older, it's not unreasonable to assume there's a good chance of a repeat. Peyroux, after a resurgence in JH's first season and into the first part of last, has looked well out of form since. I think Knowles is superb doing the rough stuff in the middle, but struggles as a running SR out wide (although I appreciate some take a different view). Bentley is unproven at this level and perhaps too small; he's been tried in a few positions over the last 12 months. Batchelor is playing mostly centre and again is unproven at this level (even less experienced that Bentley).

So we've several players who can do a job there (throw in LMS, Paulo, Ashworth), but Taia apart, none have shown consistent quality over a period of time that fills me with confidence. I'd therefore be looking at shipping out Amor and one of the SR options (Peyroux I guess) and bringing in a quality wide-running SR.
    Nothing there to disagree with other than timing I think. I doubt that the type of second row you seek would be available now unless an NRL team was looking to offload someone while I don’t think Amor or Peyroux would go willingly. Also, given that Bentley and Batchelor have not had chances to prove themselves, I think it would be preferable to play a waiting game and look for changes at the end of this season.

Got A Season Ticket

I've said this before but Ashworth was a Centre/SR who seems to have been turned into prop. Even so at the size he is, he's fairly quick, has decent hands and obviously aggressive.

Drop a few kilos off him and we have a ready made, aggressive SR. Peyroux can sit inn the stands or play at Leigh, same with Amor and use them both just when needed.
    I've thought this quite a bit - particularly with the depth in props we have at the minute (I'd be surprised if we don't see Douglas back in the next few weeks). JH does seem to like the SR's doing 80 mins though (or at least 60), particularly Taia. Can't see Ashworth doing 80 at SR unless he dropped quite a bit of weight, which could make him less effective.

For me the club is doing the right thing, I'd much rather Ashworth was getting big minutes at Leigh early in the season whilst he is young and on an upward curve, than getting bit part minutes with Saints. Hopefully we feel the benefit of this later in the season

Learning All The Songs

I think Batchelor is more suited to second row than in the centre. I think he prefers that position.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

You may be right and we're sure to need more players through the season as last year proved, however I think he's a better player than Amor and Peyroux and as such should be playing for us now, obviously Holbrook doesn't and he knows more than I do.
    I get the feeling Holbrook has picked his first 17 players based on their pre season condition, with only the one friendly he probably looked at who is conditioned to perform for the first 4 games.

Ashworth, Richardson and Douglas were probably not in the right state to challenge that 17.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I get the feeling Holbrook has picked his first 17 players based on their pre season condition, with only the one friendly he probably looked at who is conditioned to perform for the first 4 games.

Ashworth, Richardson and Douglas were probably not in the right state to challenge that 17.
    I agree and assume Holbrook will only change the 17 if there is an injury or a sustained drop in form. It looks like once you are out of the 17 you have to work hard to get back in and wait for your luck to change. As someone who never really played the game that seems reasonable to me. It would be good to know what current or ex players think should be needed for someone to break into the 17

Learning All The Songs

Did you actually watch Taia the other night against Leeds? He was excellent. And you'd replace him with Ashworth. FFS mate.
    My impression re Taia is that when Holbrook arrived he changed his game a bit making it more structured and cutting out too many offloads. It is a pity he is coming to the end of his career because he is the type of back row we need. Regarding Paulo he appears to be work in progress because for an import he leaves something to be desired. I would say we apart from Taia local talent could quite easily have done the job of our other two backrow imports.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I agree and assume Holbrook will only change the 17 if there is an injury or a sustained drop in form. It looks like once you are out of the 17 you have to work hard to get back in and wait for your luck to change. As someone who never really played the game that seems reasonable to me. It would be good to know what current or ex players think should be needed for someone to break into the 17
    In most cases once your out you should have to work to get back in. There will obviously be exceptions, such as Roby missing one week and going straight back in.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I've said this before but Ashworth was a Centre/SR who seems to have been turned into prop. Even so at the size he is, he's fairly quick, has decent hands and obviously aggressive.

Drop a few kilos off him and we have a ready made, aggressive SR. Peyroux can sit inn the stands or play at Leigh, same with Amor and use them both just when needed.
    I think in the longer term you may be right. He probably needs a bit more experience before you pin all your hopes on him. A few games at Leigh then start using him as sub, while increasing his minutes and I think he will be a regular. In terms of Physique I think he can do either SR or prop, though very often nowadays there is not much difference in size.

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

When Hudders were looking to offload Ikahihifo, I thought we should try and tempt them with a swap if the cap space allowed it.

Amor has looked poor for me since before the last World Cup, and coming to pre-season early did little for his game.

He still hits the line and drops to ground rather than fighting for yards in the tackle, and has been said elsewhere, looks slow and loses us any impetus going forward. If he was let go I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post
    When Hudders were looking to offload Ikahihifo, I thought we should try and tempt them with a swap if the cap space allowed it.

Amor has looked poor for me since before the last World Cup, and coming to pre-season early did little for his game.

He still hits the line and drops to ground rather than fighting for yards in the tackle, and has been said elsewhere, looks slow and loses us any impetus going forward. If he was let go I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep.
    The non fed / overseas would be the problem there

Learning All The Songs

Interesting piece here about Amor... https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...lford-eye-inu/

Scroll down the linked page to find it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Interesting piece here about Amor... https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...lford-eye-inu/

Scroll down the linked page to find it.
    It does sound as though the squad have there feet anchored to the ground knowing no place is guaranteed and they will have to fight competitively for that shirt. For me only Walmsley, Roby and Thompson are the ones that are going to be difficult to knock off there perches.

These are my graded choices:

100% Walmsley, Roby, Thompson
    90% Percival, Lomax, Taia, Coote, Makinson
    80% Fages, Naiqama, Grace, LMS, Knowles
    60 - 70% For the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It does sound as though the squad have there feet anchored to the ground knowing no place is guaranteed and they will have to fight competitively for that shirt. For me only Walmsley, Roby and Thompson are the ones that are going to be difficult to knock off there perches.
    These are my graded choices:

100% Walmsley, Roby, Thompson
    90% Percival, Lomax, Taia, Coote, Makinson
    80% Fages, Naiqama, Grace, LMS, Knowles
    60 - 70% For the rest of them.
    Not sure you can grade, but I understand the point you are making. I disagree with some even taking into account I think any player who drops in form will be replaced even your 100%ers.
    But assuming they keep their form I don’t see the following being changed now.
    Roby,(although) I see him being spelled in a few lesser game. Walmsley, Luke Tommo, Fages, Lomax, Makinson, Percy, Coote, Knowles & LMS.
    Thats is the backbone now. (Coote is maybe not as safe but due to his high price I think he would have to have a few stinkers).
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Are we bottom of the league ? You'd think so with some of the posters on here.....unreal.
    Learned comment from The Don