Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Amor

Learning All The Songs

Default Kyle Amor

Like Regan does Amor deserve a spell at Leigh and bring Ashworth or Douglas back as he's not offered us anything this season getting knocked back quite easily.

His average gain this year is the 4th highest at the club (8.11m), in front of every other forward bar Peyroux and Roby.

Amor gets unfair treatment from a lot of posters on here. He gets criticised because he’s not Thomson or Walmsley. He takes the ball in straight and gets good metres when we need them at a time when the other props are tiring. Surely the coaching team of Holbrook,Wellens and Long with umpteen accolades between them and whose job it is to see them every day know this.

I thought Amor was pretty good on Friday, albeit in a brief spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Me too, up to his mistake. Not the first time a prop has made an error like that though

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

So do I, wasn't charging in like Walmsley and Thompson but he was drawing in extra defenders, he works a very narrow central channel so most of his go forward is going to be very hard yards.

Learning All The Songs

Got to be honest, I didn't really notice him until his mistake.

Learning All The Songs

He made a decent amount of metres after contact for a change but even when he does that he takes an age to play the ball and slows everything down.

This confuses me. If JH thinks he is good enough why is he being used so little. With KN going off you would have thought Amor would have done more minutes. He did ok, but It’s making the other do more work. Douglas must be in with a shout afterhis month. Personally I’m a fan of Ashworth. I think he an Lees work well even given they lack experience.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    This confuses me. If JH thinks he is good enough why is he being used so little. With KN going off you would have thought Amor would have done more minutes. He did ok, but It’s making the other do more work. Douglas must be in with a shout afterhis month. Personally I’m a fan of Ashworth. I think he an Lees work well even given they lack experience.
    Neither of them lacks enthusiasm.

I am really surprised that nobody on here has mentioned Paulo on here yet or in fact started a similar thread to this one. He is really poor so far and to me it is worse than Amor because he has an overseas spot. Ashworth or Douglas should be replacing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    I am really surprised that nobody on here has mentioned Paulo on here yet or in fact started a similar thread to this one. He is really poor so far and to me it is worse than Amor because he has an overseas spot. Ashworth or Douglas should be replacing him.
    Maybe Holbrook wants him to play a simple role at the moment, he is supposed to be a ball playing backrower but Holbrook is trying the new combination of Lomax and Fages.
    If Paulo interferes with that then we just end up with another Wilkin, for me Paulo hasn’t got an effective playing role just yet.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Yes please !!

Noooobie

Let me Explain Its clear you have not played the game. why do the think he was taken off after such a short spell .Hes Lacking in Controlled Aggression simple as.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    I'd also like to see Ashworth back but in place of Taia
    Did you actually watch Taia the other night against Leeds? He was excellent. And you'd replace him with Ashworth. FFS mate.

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Did you actually watch Taia the other night against Leeds? He was excellent. And you'd replace him with Ashworth. FFS mate.
    I thought so too. Although I was 2 days into a 4 day session in Munich.

I think we do need a bit more mongrel in the back row, however, it's another thing identifying and getting such players in

I have a bit of a downer on him to be honest, he runs well but drops a lot of ball. It's still a gripe of mine why he's there in the first place.
    He's a great player and one of our best signings, he's probably the first name on the team sheet week in week out. Taia excluding Roby handles the ball more than anyone else at a guess at least 2 plays in every set so the errors will be higher being one of our go to players.

The problem is that the opposition know that and put markers on him to try to limit his options, one thing you can't call him is lazy his tackle count, carries, offloads are pretty impressive.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He's a great player and one of our best signings, he's probably the first name on the team sheet week in week out. Taia excluding Roby handles the ball more than anyone else at a guess at least 2 plays in every set so the errors will be higher being one of our go to players.

The problem is that the opposition know that and put markers on him to try to limit his options, one thing you can't call him is lazy his tackle count, carries, offloads are pretty impressive.
    Absolutely. Very good player (in my opinion anyway) and a real competitor. I’d want him in my team.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    I said the same on another thread about Paulo being poor so far but willing to give him tome to improve seeing as we're only 3 games in (although saying that I never really saw him have any outstanding games for Cronulla!)
    He does need to pull his socks up though and have a good game pretty soon.

In your opinion. And I don't think I called him lazy, I stand corrected if I did. And maybe he does handle the ball more than others but he also seems to lose it a sight more.
    You didn't, I just used a generic term to highlight his involvement. Because of that you could probably say if you don't make mistakes then there's is a good chance that the player is not doing enough work.

Fair enough, I think we all have our favourite players and I always try to call it as I see it. I'm not a huge fan of either of our starting SR's at the moment. Both have good and bad points.
    I think I know were you are coming from, his loss ball contributes to losing team composure at times, he does rush when under pressure to try and provide that "money ball".

Noooobie

Give Paulo time. People are expecting Tony Puletua and even he took a while to get used to SL...

Amor is fine if not taking up too much cap space. Solid forwards on a decent budget are essential in the salary cap world we play in. Even in our stellar 90 and 2000 sides we had the likes of Ian Pickavance, Andy Leatham, Julian O’Neill, Mark Edmonton etc who were solid cost effective front row workhorses...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint in Queensland View Post
    Give Paulo time. People are expecting Tony Puletua and even he took a while to get used to SL...

Amor is fine if not taking up too much cap space. Solid forwards on a decent budget are essential in the salary cap world we play in. Even in our stellar 90 and 2000 sides we had the likes of Ian Pickavance, Andy Leatham, Julian O’Neill, Mark Edmonton etc who were solid cost effective front row workhorses...

Adding to our issue, though, is that we have Ashworth & Lees emerging as SL-quality props, to complement the two best (probably) props in SL in Walmsley & Thompson, and an experienced Australian 'front row workhorse'. We also have Louis.

That has led to Douglas taking up a chunk of the Cap playing (and bossing) a division below.

Amor is a capable prop, but we really don't need him. I can agree with the argument that it was prudent to see how Walmsley returned but, now he looks good as new, we're prop-heavy.

I think we could safely lose Amor and run with Walmsley, Thompson, Douglas, Ashworth & Lees, along with LMS. That allows a good level of rotation.

We usually see within the first couple of months of SL one team or another either realise their prop options are lacking, or pick up a long-term injury. We could perhaps pick up a little bit of dosh for him and free-up a chunk of Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    We usually see within the first couple of months of SL one team or another either realise their prop options are lacking, or pick up a long-term injury. We could perhaps pick up a little bit of dosh for him and free-up a chunk of Cap.
    Unless we have identified a worthwhile target for the spare money that would significantly improve our squad, I’m not in favour of releasing players. Firstly, you never know whether an injury crisis is just around the corner and, more importantly, why would we want one of our rivals to strengthen themselves? Reading the comments of Wigan and Leeds fans, for example, many have identified a need to add a prop or two to their squads and I can’t see any benefit in helping those clubs compete better with us.

So don't allow him to sign for those clubs genius. And to think you were calling me stupid.
    Presumably any club making a signing would regard that as strengthening their squad. If you manage to read my post carefully, I mentioned Wigan and Leeds as examples. I suggest you go away and work out what that means and, hopefully but with no great expectation on my part, extrapolate that to conclude that we shouldn’t be helping any club to improve its playing roster.