Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Amor

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Interesting piece here about Amor... https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...lford-eye-inu/

Scroll down the linked page to find it.
    I don't think you could criticise Amor's attitude, it is really his effectiveness that has been a concern.

Learning All The Songs

Leeds looking at some big props there - thought Albert looked dangerous whenever we played Widnes.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Are we bottom of the league ? You'd think so with some of the posters on here.....unreal.
    Quite so. Its early doors and one shouldn't draw too many conclusions. Holbrook has said that players are going to have to work hard, not only to stay in the team, but to break into it. That's about right IMHO. Lets not forget, RL is not for the faint hearted, its a really tough game, and its getting tougher all the time. Amor is OK AFAIAC.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Leeds looking at some big props there - thought Albert looked dangerous whenever we played Widnes.
    He is a big un,looks very raw though but that can be coached. but like you say he looked good when we played Widnes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    He is a big un,looks very raw though but that can be coached. but like you say he looked good when we played Widnes.
    Only 24 with a great build for a running SR.

Got A Season Ticket

http://www.totalrl.com/kyle-amor-eye...in-off-season/

“Kyle Amor has lifted the lid on the ‘ugly’ conversations with Justin Holbrook which could have ended his time at the club – but instead prompted him to prove his coach wrong and reject the chance to move elsewhere.

Amor has revealed how his future at the club looked uncertain at the end of last season, after Holbrook told him his playing opportunities would be limited this season following the emergence of several young forwards.

However, while Amor admitted to League Express that was tough to take, he instead said it has proven to give him a fresh challenge and hand his career new impetus.

“We had a conversation at the start of the off-season, and it wasn’t a pretty one for me,” he said.

“With the emergence of the young forwards coming through, and the depth we’ve got, he said it was going to be hard for me to get a game every week if everyone was fit.

“I went away from that and did some the hardest training I’ve ever done in the off-season. Me and Matty Smith were out running all round Billinge and places like that, but it got noticed and I got the jump on a couple of guys in pre-season.

“Every game is a bonus for me at the minute. Am I happy I’m playing smaller minutes than last year? Not really, but I’m grateful I’m being picked because I love everything about this club. From being told that to be still playing is huge, but I’m not settling on it.”

Amor also admitted there were opportunities to leave the Saints – but he now feels more motivated than ever to succeed at the club.

“A couple of clubs asked about me, but right away the decision from me was to change the coach’s mind,” he insisted.

“I enjoyed the challenge if I’m being honest; I don’t want to say I got comfortable but I’ve started most weeks since I’ve been here, and you’re never too old for a new challenge. I’m just loving being in this team and hopefully it continues for a bit longer yet.

“I came into the game late, I’ve still got plenty of years ahead of me. It’s a long year, injuries happen and I’m keeping myself more fit than ever before away from the game, something I haven’t done in a long time.

“I could have easily just sat back and gone somewhere else or run my deal down, but when I first started at Whitehaven, people doubted I could get to this level. It’s always been about proving a point, and in the last few years, I probably didn’t feel like I had that much to prove. But I’m relishing the challenge, I really am – and I think that’s showing in my performances.”

Explains why he’s been starting when there were reports of him leaving in the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Interesting comments by Amor on the radio for the Warrington v Cas game, he mentioned something about coaches and players looking at keeping the ball alive during sets to get the big defensive forwards having to run more covering metres and hence create fatigue with the limited amount of substitutions.

The problem is that Amor doesn't actually do that so maybe Holbrook has extensive plays for our more mobile forward and limitations for the like of Amor.

Total RL doing a piece on SL clubs and who is going where for next season under Saints have the following.

EXPECTED DEPARTURES
    Luke Douglas (Released)
    Ryan Morgan (Released)
    Kyle Amor (Released)
    ?
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I hope we do move Amor on. He’s Matty Smith of the forwards. He can’t bust a paper bag and he’s tackled too easily. I thought he was poor back when he was good!!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I hope we do move Amor on. He’s Matty Smith of the forwards. He can’t bust a paper bag and he’s tackled too easily. I thought he was poor back when he was good!!
    You’re way too harsh. He played well on Friday and steadied the ship after Alex and Thompson went off. You can’t judge him with the same yardstick as those two but he is as good if not better than most other teams’ bench props.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    You’re way too harsh. He played well on Friday and steadied the ship after Alex and Thompson went off. You can’t judge him with the same yardstick as those two but he is as good if not better than most other teams’ bench props.
    I can’t judge him compared to those two but you are happy to judge him based on fridays game. Im judging him over 5 years overall. Sorry but ive never rated him. He’s been bullied in some important games for us where the opposition forwards have steam rollered him. He has good moments but you can’t rely on him to have a good game and as a coach it is a huge concern if you can’t rely on your props to go well. If your forwards get bullied it makes life hard for the rest of the team. He tries hard but he is too small to be a prop. Its not like he makes up for his lack of size in other areas. He’s got no pace either.

I can’t judge him compared to those two but you are happy to judge him based on fridays game. Im judging him over 5 years overall. Sorry but ive never rated him. He’s been bullied in some important games for us where the opposition forwards have steam rollered him. He has good moments but you can’t rely on him to have a good game and as a coach it is a huge concern if you can’t rely on your props to go well. If your forwards get bullied it makes life hard for the rest of the team. He tries hard but he is too small to be a prop. Its not like he makes up for his lack of size in other areas. He’s got no pace either.
    Not judging him just on Fridays game- yes there have been games when he has been relatively ineffective but I find him to be a good, solid prop who can come off the bench and do a more than decent job for us in a salary-capped sport. He gives the squad some balance and experience which you need. I’ve rarely seen him bullied by other props who come off the bench and when you need a cool, experienced head in high intensity games like last Friday you need that kind of presence. That’s probably why he was preferred to Ashworth.

Not judging him just on Fridays game- yes there have been games when he has been relatively ineffective but I find him to be a good, solid prop who can come off the bench and do a more than decent job for us in a salary-capped sport. He gives the squad some balance and experience which you need. I’ve rarely seen him bullied by other props who come off the bench and when you need a cool, experienced head in high intensity games like last Friday you need that kind of presence. That’s probably why he was preferred to Ashworth.
    Hopefully the youngsters like Lees and Ashworth improve so we can move him on. They have the potential to be far better than Amor could ever be.

Hopefully the youngsters like Lees and Ashworth improve so we can move him on. They have the potential to be far better than Amor could ever be.
    Well, maybe but at the moment Amor fulfils a role and definitely gets my support.

Well, maybe but at the moment Amor fulfils a role and definitely gets my support.
    Thats good. You are a better supporter than me for not being ‘nasty’ as you say.

Thats good. You are a better supporter than me for not being ‘nasty’ as you say.
    I said harsh not nasty. It’s all about having different opinions - the people I sit with berate Amor but I like him, I like his attitude and his enthusiasm. Admittedly, if we were losing every week then maybe I wouldn’t be so positive about him but I do think he is a lot better than people give him credit for. Not as good as Thomson, Alex or even Lees but still decent.

Learning All The Songs

I said harsh not nasty. It’s all about having different opinions - the people I sit with berate Amor but I like him, I like his attitude and his enthusiasm. Admittedly, if we were losing every week then maybe I wouldn’t be so positive about him but I do think he is a lot better than people give him credit for. Not as good as Thomson, Alex or even Lees but still decent.
    I think he brings more to the team atm than Lee's. Lee's has more potential but Amor is more solid bringing experience to the table and a more rounded defensive game.

Sorry, ‘harsh’

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I think he brings more to the team atm than Lee's. Lee's has more potential but Amor is more solid bringing experience to the table and a more rounded defensive game.
    With Lee and Amor its very much horses for courses and it wouldn't surprise me if both are seriously challenging each other for that 4th prop spot. Lees has improved his tackling liability and Amor has improved his offloading game, its a strange one with Amor when it looks as though he is going in the direction of the "last chance saloon" he suddenly comes up with good performances he was pretty decent against Warrington last week.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Total RL doing a piece on SL clubs and who is going where for next season under Saints have the following.

EXPECTED DEPARTURES
    Luke Douglas (Released)
    Ryan Morgan (Released)
    Kyle Amor (Released)
    ?
    Is Amor not contracted until the end of 2020?

Learning All The Songs

Agreed, he’s dire and we should be getting rid at the end of the season. He doesn’t make many metres after contact and slows the pace of the game down completely. This is probably the third season in a row were he’s been completely useless. I don’t think Lees or Ashworth have been great this season either but they’re still far more effective and much younger than Amor. Defensively he was decent on Friday but with the ball he was as useless as usual. Seems to be a thing that because the team is doing well, the small number of average players we have don’t get criticised. I can imagine he’ll be on decent money so hopefully we replace him at the end of the season for a quality prop.

I thought Amor was very good at Wire. He’s had some good games recently. The problem with him is that his good patches have tended to come between quite long stretches of poor-to-middling. It may be that injury problems have been behind his inconsistency over the last couple of years, but whatever it is I think he’ll do well to get another deal.

I don't have any problems really with Amor, he is a steady enough player, he isn't a weak link defensivley. He is going ok this season as a reliable 3/4th choice prop. He is however very replaceable and I wouldn't offer him a new deal for next season.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

I've always thought Saints were a stronger team with a Amor .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Agreed, he’s dire and we should be getting rid at the end of the season. He doesn’t make many metres after contact and slows the pace of the game down completely. This is probably the third season in a row were he’s been completely useless. I don’t think Lees or Ashworth have been great this season either but they’re still far more effective and much younger than Amor. Defensively he was decent on Friday but with the ball he was as useless as usual. Seems to be a thing that because the team is doing well, the small number of average players we have don’t get criticised. I can imagine he’ll be on decent money so hopefully we replace him at the end of the season for a quality prop.
    No he isn't dire, I don't know why you keep making these stupid accusations. He's not the best but he has a contract and Holbrook decided to use him this year. I'll take his informed decision over some gobby plank on the internet.