Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regan Grace

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    Grace is a winger who can make a try out of nothing. Thats a very valueable player to have in your team & every other club would snap him up if he ever became available ,god forbid.
    And he will get better this is only his 2nd full season, his reading of the game should improve. I seem to remember Tom Johnstone had a flat period and wasn't he shipped off to York for a spell. Its often said a winger is only as good as his centre for me thats the area were the improvement will be.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    Grace is a winger who can make a try out of nothing. Thats a very valueable player to have in your team & every other club would snap him up if he ever became available ,god forbid.
    Zero I have said to his detractors to have a look on youtube and Saints TV at his highlights, the game where we are in our 20, I think it is Wakefield, Percy takes it too far that the cover comes across, Regan is jogging waiting for the early ball while Percy (who is no slouch) has allowed the cover defence to get to him. Percy then gives it when Regan has nowhere to go, he still manages to cut inside and accelerate away from three defenders and score. The two things to note are poor centre play from Percy and real pace from Grace. I think Percy is a very good player for us and this is not a detraction from him, it is merely highlighting that Regan has a lot to do with the ball he is receiving presently. Once Regan if he progresses as he has and gets his speed endurance in the next few years (without bulking too much) he will be sought by both codes and hemisheres, sadly for us.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Why would we want to lose James Graham? But we did, money and success talks, not platitudes from mickey mouse clubs like wakefield.
    All depends on the person,some are happy where they are,Roby for us as example,turned down nrl as he's happy here. People thought Danny Kirkmond would move on when he looked good a few years ago now,but he never did. He's contracted till the end of the 2022 season as well and rl being what it is there are few teams willing to pay a transfer fee for a winger these days.

In The South Stand

Yes, but Kirmond is average at best, Johnstone is top class so your argument is a load of bollocks. And I was making a point, about bigger and better clubs coming in for a player. We are bigger, better, more successful and have more money than Wakefield.
    That's why i said he looked good a few years ago now and he did,lot's of people thought he would go to a bigger club,if he is average at best now is neither here nor there so the only argument that is bollocks is yours as usual. We are more successful than them but we have the same cap as them and they can if they choose pay as much as we can.

In The South Stand

Ok, so if we have the same money, why would you stay at a poxy team like them and win nothing? And as I said, Johnstone is already top quality in SL, not some flash in the pan.
    Yeah i agree he's a top drawer player,no argument on that front. All i was saying is some people like the club they are at,he might not want to leave Yorkshire or whatever reason there might be for him signing till 2022.
    Last edited by brook; 27th February 2019 at 23:48.

Noooobie

Remember a similar situation some years ago. Sullivan? starting off hecoudn't tackle a big dinner, poor under the high ball but had speed. We persevered with him and he came good. Decent centre with him too. Grace is similar (not saying he's going to be as good as Sullivan) but his centre, Percival, is not a wingmans centre, good player but too often takes the wrong option. Wayne could see it, thats why he wasn't first choice for GB.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Tom Johnstone who I rate very highly as I have mentioned many times on here previously will develop into the best English winger for years to come , however taking him out of Wakefield "if" any club were interested may well be difficult , he only signed a 4 yr deal around 6 months ago .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by jack joyce View Post
    Remember a similar situation some years ago. Sullivan? starting off hecoudn't tackle a big dinner, poor under the high ball but had speed. We persevered with him and he came good. Decent centre with him too. Grace is similar (not saying he's going to be as good as Sullivan) but his centre, Percival, is not a wingmans centre, good player but too often takes the wrong option. Wayne could see it, thats why he wasn't first choice for GB.
    Sullivan would have finished off the long distance break last week under the posts. Grace is fast over the first 20 - 30m then flattens off.

Got A Season Ticket

Tom Johnstone loves it at wakey he only just signed a new four year deal fifita who could probably go to any other super league club said the other day he wants to take up the option of staying at wakey
    Carter is known for running a tight ship with his contracts we will see if these players stay there

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Tom Johnstone loves it at wakey he only just signed a new four year deal fifita who could probably go to any other super league club said the other day he wants to take up the option of staying at wakey
    Carter is known for running a tight ship with his contracts we will see if these players stay there
    Thats good news and better for super league as a whole to raise the competiveness in the league. We don't want all the best players just going to say 4 clubs which we had to a certain extent in the first 10 years of super league. I like Wakefield they work really hard for each other and seem to have a good team spirit, our games at there place is always a "banana skin" and thats how it should be especially with Johnstone and Fifita in the ranks.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thats good news and better for super league as a whole to raise the competiveness in the league. We don't want all the best players just going to say 4 clubs which we had to a certain extent in the first 10 years of super league. I like Wakefield they work really hard for each other and seem to have a good team spirit, our games at there place is always a "banana skin" and thats how it should be especially with Johnstone and Fifita in the ranks.
    Agree 100%. Whats the point in having a super league by considerably weakening a potentially top 5 club? It would be similar to what Wigan did years ago. If all these so called micky mouse clubs, as someone else described them , went to the wall, there wouldnt be a game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Wakefield will beat, or give most teams in SL a run. They have a few more than decent, players.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Wakefield will beat, or give most teams in SL a run. They have a few more than decent, players.
    I agree with the sentiment about Wakefield but the burning question about them is the appalling state of the stadium - going a fortnight ago only reinforced what I’ve thought before. I wouldn’t want to see them go to the wall because I admire their coach and the way they have built up a competitive team with decent support but how can you hope to build a Super League sport for the future with a stadium so old and poor? It’s embarrassing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I agree with the sentiment about Wakefield but the burning question about them is the appalling state of the stadium - going a fortnight ago only reinforced what I’ve thought before. I wouldn’t want to see them go to the wall because I admire their coach and the way they have built up a competitive team with decent support but how can you hope to build a Super League sport for the future with a stadium so old and poor? It’s embarrassing.
    No arguments from me on any of that. Though, I would sooner see Wakey in there tatty old stadium, rather than see them go the way of Widnes.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    Sullivan would have finished off the long distance break last week under the posts. Grace is fast over the first 20 - 30m then flattens off.
    Every athlete flattens off at 40m that is human physiology after that it is who slows down the least. I have posted a number of times that his speed endurance will come but hopefully it does not hinder his acceleration, the clubs strength and conditioners and coaches know this.
    It will be a fine balance as he gets older and grows naturally that they have to adjust training to suit him and not detract from his main asset. You said Sully would have been under the posts, Regan ran into Hanley`s line and still burned him, but the full back then had the angle to make a cover tackle, Sully got caught within 25m by Dallas when Newy put him in daylight, Albert got caught by Radlinski in the CC final with a clear run. They all get caught on occasions they are heavier with the ball and this restricts arm drive, Kevin Iro ran down Offiah in a test match, speed and speed endurance with the ability to "go again" is something that has to be worked on carefully. Brian Carney mentioned this with Tommy`s great try against Hull on magic a few years back as Danny Houghton covered back, Carney said it is easier if a player changes direction to accelerate for a few strides to make a tackle if you are only jogging back to cover the area for improving the angle of the kick not expecting the player to come into your zone.
    That was how Houghton ended up with a tackle on Tommy at the line, if you lined them both up in a straight line sprint Tommy wins all day.

Got A Replica Shirt

Oh sh1t, he's scored again tonight !
    Who are us sad ba5t4rd5 going to slag off now ?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    No arguments from me on any of that. Though, I would sooner see Wakey in there tatty old stadium, rather than see them go the way of Widnes.
    For me Wakefield should be made to get there ground sorted before they are allowed to sign anymore players . We will have Johnstone & Fifita if they go to the wall tho' ...lol .