Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Match Thread

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Drop Paulo and bring Danny Back

Theo can sit in the stands and Louie to L/F
    Unfortunately it's in Danny's hands if he wants to fight for his place. The coaches have no choice at the moment fages is the best choice we've got so get used to it.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Unfortunately it's in Danny's hands if he wants to fight for his place. The coaches have no choice at the moment fages is the best choice we've got so get used to it.
    The other alternative, if Coote isn't playing well, would be Lomax to full back and Fages and Richardson in the halves.

But its early days yet

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    The other alternative, if Coote isn't playing well, would be Lomax to full back and Fages and Richardson in the halves.

But its early days yet
    Far to early to make changes after just 2 games, it did sound on the radio that we made a right "pigs ear" of the game. I would imagine 5 or 6 games in we should be firing on better cylinders, on the half back combo Richardson/Fages or Richardson/Lomax might be more productive than the Fages/Lomax one, we will have to wait and see how its going to pan out.

Learning All The Songs

Second game of the season, playing away at Wakey on the back of a poor showings from them last week, challenging conditions. I'd have taken that win, scratchy or not, before kick off if asked. Never easy there. 5 tries to 3 should've made it easier though. Kicking needs to improve obviously.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Pitch sounded awful and it was cold and windy. Two points is all that matters right now. Week off now to rest up and then hopefully it was all start to click a bit better when things get a bit warmer.
    Exactly. Wakefield away is frequently tricky, pitch and conditions pretty grim, but we still managed to win. Lets be happy with that and not go into drama queen mode just yet!

Got A Replica Shirt Southern Saint's Avatar

2nd game in. Unbeaten. 4 points out of 4. Beaten the pies and the navigated a tricky game at Wakey and already people are howling for wholescale changes in the side. Anybody would think we were Leeds.
    I stopped smoking and my brother called me a quitter

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Exactly. Wakefield away is frequently tricky, pitch and conditions pretty grim, but we still managed to win. Lets be happy with that and not go into drama queen mode just yet!
    It’s come a week later than I expected. Most support groups would be happy with an opening win v Wigan (where many had Coote as the MOM) and a tough win at Wakefield on a day like today. We’re already thinking of ways to phase him out of the team.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Only listened to it, but 5 tries at Wakey is a good return, Coote sounds like he had a shocker of a kicking game but provided the final pass for the three tries out wide.

Still early days and nice to go into this early break 2 from 2

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Jeez 2 games in and its started , well satisfied with 2 out of 2 .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Two points away at a good side at a venue where we often struggle. Two from two with a week off to clear up any niggles. I think we're in a pretty good position. Some people aren't happy unless they're complaining about something or somebody.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

We always seem to struggle up there but you could sometimes write a script of the way matches go at these tight Yorkshire grounds.
    You think your doing ok then the home crowd gets behind them, they come rolling down the field at you like an incoming tide.
    Wakey, Featherstone, Cas and Dewsbury it always seems the same at those places more so this time of year

Just on the way home. That was a tough game, which we should’ve expected after Trinity’s humbling at London last week. They were up for it from the start and Fifita was a massive handful all match. Not sure if he had a break either, which is amazing given I thought he’d be blowing after 15 mins. Brough’s kicking caused us problems all. game (and he had his mandatory ten minutes in the bin too) and Miller was lively too. For us, I didn’t think Fages was as influential as last week but still played well. Coote set up two tries with great cutout passes and his positioning in defence was great but he did put two kick offs and a positional kick out on the full, and dropped a spiralling Brough bomb (although he was still 20 yards closer to getting to it than Barba would’ve been). Maybe he couldn’t quite suss out the enclosed pitch but talk of dropping him is ridiculous. Roby and Thommo really dragged us back in in the second half along with LMS. Our defence won it for us in the end in a real arm wrestle. Two wins from two will do at this stage.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

It’s a good win there so early in the season when every side is still well up for it. I think that’s 8 wins from the last 9 there so it’s not quite the bogey ground but granted it’s always a bit of a struggle there it seems. Coote a real mixed bag of a game but he’s probably never experienced conditions like this so may take a month or so to get used to it, by which time the worst of the weather will be over anyway. He’s certainly put a few tries on in the first two games which bodes well

Learning All The Songs

Why on earth would that happen? 2 games 2 wins, end of. No need to change anything yet

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    It’s a good win there so early in the season when every side is still well up for it. I think that’s 8 wins from the last 9 there so it’s not quite the bogey ground but granted it’s always a bit of a struggle there it seems. Coote a real mixed bag of a game but he’s probably never experienced conditions like this so may take a month or so to get used to it, by which time the worst of the weather will be over anyway. He’s certainly put a few tries on in the first two games which bodes well
    Spot on Sean. Not our finest hour, but a hard earned win. LMS to the rescue! Coote will improve, he did set up two scores, but I admit three out on the full is a bit hard to take. Onwards and upwards, COYS!

Learning All The Songs

not been impressed with Paulo in either game .Needs to show a lot more

Learning All The Songs

mixed bag from Coote.Set two tries up with passes but put the ball out 3 times on the full.

ps Roby superb as ever
    Last edited by Saint from Bury; 10th February 2019 at 19:10.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    It’s come a week later than I expected. Most support groups would be happy with an opening win v Wigan (where many had Coote as the MOM) and a tough win at Wakefield on a day like today. We’re already thinking of ways to phase him out of the team.
    Last edited by Southport Saint; 11th February 2019 at 06:17.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

So is it Paulo or Coote for this season's scapegoat award?

Wilkin has gone, Richardson isn't in the team, LMS & Peyroux have won the general fan base over for now, so it's only fair that the new boys get to have a go for the award!

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southport Saint View Post
    Mong
    What?!?
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Southport Saint View Post
    Mong
    So early in the season and already the most informed post! Well done

Upside
    Non Members

Blimey talk about knee jerk reactions!

Richardson is getting more plaudits when sat watching than he does when he's playing.

Let them play and the combinations will improve, swapping every two games we will never get that

If things are bad after 8/9 games then the coaching team should consider things but give em a chance

I think constructive criticism is fine ie kicking out in the full 3 times in a game is unacceptable, which it is, but calling for changes to the team is a bit silly (although there’s not many folk doing that)

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Blimey talk about knee jerk reactions!

Richardson is getting more plaudits when sat watching than he does when he's playing.

Let them play and the combinations will improve, swapping every two games we will never get that

If things are bad after 8/9 games then the coaching team should consider things but give em a chance
    The same thing happened with fages after the Warrington semi. If we don't stick 40 on someone whoever is sat in the stands morphs into Wally lewis

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverhamSaint View Post
    So early in the season and already the most informed post! Well done
    Imagine what he'll call people when we lose!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk