Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: 19 man squad v Wakefield

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 19 man squad v Wakefield

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/02/0...-announcement/

Saints have named their 19-man squad for their Betfred Super League Round 2 match vs. Wakefield Trinity.

Justin Holbrook makes one change to his squad with James Bentley replacing Jack Ashworth, who continues to get game-time with Leigh Centurions.

Justin Holbrook will select his 17 from:

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 7. Danny Richardson, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 11. Zeb Taia, 12. Joseph Paulo, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 19. Matty Lees, 22. James Bentley, 23. Lachlan Coote.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Going off Holbrook's comments in the star,then i would imagine the same team as played Wigan with Bentley and Richardson to miss out

Got A Replica Shirt

I think fages is better defensively than Richardson but maybe not as effective in broken play. Maybe Holbrook is looking for a more defensive performance.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/02/0...-announcement/

Saints have named their 19-man squad for their Betfred Super League Round 2 match vs. Wakefield Trinity.

Justin Holbrook makes one change to his squad with James Bentley replacing Jack Ashworth, who continues to get game-time with Leigh Centurions.

Justin Holbrook will select his 17 from:

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 7. Danny Richardson, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 11. Zeb Taia, 12. Joseph Paulo, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 19. Matty Lees, 22. James Bentley, 23. Lachlan Coote.
    You were late with this today. I was looking for it earlier.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You were late with this today. I was looking for it earlier.
    Haha I know. Normally on the ball at 12pm but had a shocker of a day!
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Going off Holbrook's comments in the star,then i would imagine the same team as played Wigan with Bentley and Richardson to miss out
    I can only imagine that would be the case barring any knocks

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by ianl View Post
    I think fages is better defensively than Richardson but maybe not as effective in broken play. Maybe Holbrook is looking for a more defensive performance.
    I sawichardson in the 19s and his game management was very good. I'd say this and maybe his kicking is his main reason he was preferred to Fages last season.

Fages brings other benefits to the team which Holbrook must prefer currently, and if he manages to manage the team well Richardson may struggle to get his place back

Some time having to fight for hos position may improve Richardson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ianl View Post
    We're playing on heavy pitches at the moment, which suit the game Fages can bring, more than they do Richardson's

That likely plays some part in the thinking

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    We're playing on heavy pitches at the moment, which suit the game Fages can bring, more than they do Richardson's

That likely plays some part in the thinking
    The pitches might be heavier but in the poorer conditions I’d much rather have Richardson’s kicking ability. Neither Fages or Lomax are good kickers and, whilst Coote seems to be a good kicker, teams will soon wise up to him as a kicking option and start blitzing him on the last tackle.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    The pitches might be heavier but in the poorer conditions I’d much rather have Richardson’s kicking ability. Neither Fages or Lomax are good kickers and, whilst Coote seems to be a good kicker, teams will soon wise up to him as a kicking option and start blitzing him on the last tackle.
    Depends where on the field we are,Fages has a very good short kicking game. Teams pressured Richardson's kicking last year and he was rushed a lot on the last tackle,Coote however is a veteran player and will give himself room.