Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Jack Ashworth/James Bentley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got A Replica Shirt

Default Jack Ashworth/James Bentley

Hi
    Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on leaving Jack out on loan at Leigh, I was particularly impressed with Jack last season a decent offloading game and aggressive running style. I know Justin sees these players all week and is in a good position to make this call but I cant help but feel a little dissapointed. I don't like to knock any of our players but I would like to see Jack learn is trade playing for us rather than another team and feel he offers more than one or two players getting selected for us at the minute.Is James Bentley getting in the 19 a good thing ? the youngster maybe deserves a shot ahead of Joseph Paulo who at the forum the other night gave me the impression that we wont see the best of him until the weather warms up, coming from Bradford I would imagine James is already acclimatized !!!

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dash Riprock View Post
    Hi
    Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on leaving Jack out on loan at Leigh, I was particularly impressed with Jack last season a decent offloading game and aggressive running style. I know Justin sees these players all week and is in a good position to make this call but I cant help but feel a little dissapointed. I don't like to knock any of our players but I would like to see Jack learn is trade playing for us rather than another team and feel he offers more than one or two players getting selected for us at the minute.Is James Bentley getting in the 19 a good thing ? the youngster maybe deserves a shot ahead of Joseph Paulo who at the forum the other night gave me the impression that we wont see the best of him until the weather warms up, coming from Bradford I would imagine James is already acclimatized !!!
    It’s been 1 week of the season, can’t for one minute imagine Ashworth will be staying at Leigh. Plus he’ll still be training at Saints. I’d personally have him in over Amor but maybe there’s more to it from Holbrook’s position.

Not sure how Bentley deserves a shot ahead of one of our big signings second week in but again I’ll imagine he’ll get his chance at some point in the season.

Maybe Taia/Peyroux picked up a knock and that’s why Bentley has been drafted in.

One injury and Ashworth will be back in the squad. He'll get plenty of gametime with us this season, I reckon.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I believe Jack Ashworth was given the option of being our 18th man but chose to play again for Leigh. Can’t argue with that I don’t think. Let the lad keep playing at Leigh so he’s not rusty when we need him.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Replica Shirt

thought he looked really good last season a bit disappointed he hasn't warranted more first team action. maybe some other issues at the moment.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by ianl View Post
    thought he looked really good last season a bit disappointed he hasn't warranted more first team action. maybe some other issues at the moment.
    I don't think there are any other issues,we have a good squad with some real depth to it.It's just down to numbers,he will get a chance as the season goes by.