Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lomax Signs New Contract

Default Lomax Signs New Contract

Latest player to commit to Saints until 2022.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Latest player to commit to Saints until 2022.
    Good News. I'm not saying he is the best player, but for me, he has more vision and awareness than any other player in the team.

Learning All The Songs

Pleased that he’s re-signed but I do question the length of the contract. Really can’t see why we’d hand a 4 year deal to someone who’s never going to leave out of choice and will be 32 at the end of this deal? Anyway, Thompson next hopefully.

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Pleased that he’s re-signed but I do question the length of the contract. Really can’t see why we’d hand a 4 year deal to someone who’s never going to leave out of choice and will be 32 at the end of this deal? Anyway, Thompson next hopefully.
    Agreed, Thompson and Holbrook please

Learning All The Songs

I think it is a great bit of news. A current international with versatility. He might not have been going anywhere but I bet there would have been plenty of takers if he was available.

In The South Stand

Why would we not give a 4 year deal to a current international ? and 32 is no great age.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Why would we not give a 4 year deal to a current international ? and 32 is no great age.
    Something like 2 years with the club having the option of a 3rd would make more sense. He’s never going to go anywhere else unless the club want him to leave so I don’t see why you would give him such a long contract.

Learning All The Songs

Great news. Best 6 in the league last year & Saints through and through.

In The South Stand

Something like 2 years with the club having the option of a 3rd would make more sense. He’s never going to go anywhere else unless the club want him to leave so I don’t see why you would give him such a long contract.
    Assuming a player won't leave a club is asking for trouble,he's a proven player well worth 4 years imo.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Agreed. I’ve never known a set of fans so obsessed with age.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

There’s nothing more likely to upset a player and force his departure than undervaluing him because of perceived loyalty to you. With players now having been full time professionals throughout their careers and able to live a lifestyle conducive to longevity, the ability to play well into their thirties has become more prevalent. In addition, he’s a current international able to provide quality input at either half back or fullback in an era short of such players in the UK hence why Wakefield and Wigan were prepared to sign Brough and Sammut and Castleford tried various players last year to overcome the loss of Hardaker and Gale.

Super League history has shown that Saints’ unwillingness to give older players extended contracts only resulted in the loss of the likes of Gilmour, Long and Pryce before they reached the end of their shelf life so I am pleased that they appear to have learned that lesson.

Just be grateful that Saints haven’t done anything to push Lomax out and instead rely solely on Richardson to fill one of the half back berths!

Starting A Programme Collection

There are some people who would whinge if they won the lottery.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    There are some people who would whinge if they won the lottery.
    Somehow, I think questioning the length of a contract and whinging at winning the lottery are just a bit different.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Great stuff 4 year deal fully deserved and earned , a Saints lad through and through , made my day this .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Somehow, I think questioning the length of a contract and whinging at winning the lottery are just a bit different.
    You moan at everything pal, 814 posts all negative about something or another

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I would have gone 3 years with an option of a 4th, if Lomax can stay away from those bad injuries in the past then it could turn out to be a good bit of business.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Good news and very happy for Lomax.

I don't think there is a more dedicated player at the club. He's the current version of Paul Wellens, he would give abything for this club. He's had some terrible injuries and proved pretty much every doubter wrong. Great versatility and providing he continues to stay injury free, he'll be a great asset for us. 1st choice 6 and a very good full back too, what's not to like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Good news and very happy for Lomax.

I don't think there is a more dedicated player at the club. He's the current version of Paul Wellens, he would give abything for this club. He's had some terrible injuries and proved pretty much every doubter wrong. Great versatility and providing he continues to stay injury free, he'll be a great asset for us. 1st choice 6 and a very good full back too, what's not to like?
    I applaud you sir, that is one of the best posts I’ve read on here for a bit.

I agree wholeheartedly
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Good news for the club, the fans and Jonny too. As previously mentioned, if we can tie up Holbrook and Thompson, it will be good business by the club.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Got A Season Ticket

So a player who is a proven international , loyal and would runs his blood to water for Saints doesn’t deserve the respect of a long term deal with Saints 😩

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    So a player who is a proven international , loyal and would runs his blood to water for Saints doesn’t deserve the respect of a long term deal with Saints
    Agreed - compare Jonny’s attitude to Barba’s.

In The South Stand

One of the unrecognised form players in his position and in the competition in 2018, he’s stayed injury free for a few years now and he’s a key player to the squad.

I have to say that I was slightly disappointed when I saw the “check your inbox” message. I think disappointed is the wrong word because I am very happy we’ve tied down Lomax but I was really hoping we’d get Luke Thompson or Justin Holbrook tied down to a new deal.

Hopefully we can win some more silverware for the proper Saints lads like Lomax and Roby, who’ve given their all for the club but at the end of the day, are one of us and if not gifted Rugby League players, they’d be on the West Terrace.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Great news. His career had one foot in the grave a few years back when he was cursed with those injuries but he’s managed to turn it around. I can’t think of many players who deserve success as much as Lomax. My tip for the 2019 man of steel before the season started.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

If we didn’t offer him 4 years because of past injuries that he (touch wood) appears to have got over, then there’d be a queue of other clubs who would

Learning All The Songs

I would have given him three years, but not four.