Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wigan vs Roosters

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I just don’t know why it has to be a blank weekend for most other teams. How many neutrals does it attract and is it worth hyping up the start of the season all winter, playing two games and then stopping again
    Said the same thing to my wife yesterday. How do they decide which teams play this weekend and which don't? Is it based on league position last year?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Said the same thing to my wife yesterday. How do they decide which teams play this weekend and which don't? Is it based on league position last year?
    Yes, it's the bottom three from last year plus the promoted team. Those four teams have to play in the earlier round of the Challenge Cup, and the other eight teams will have Superleague fixtures on that weekend.

Learning All The Songs

This tread is just a joke on a Saints fans forum!
    And how wierd are wigun fans who live on here!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Yes, it's the bottom three from last year plus the promoted team. Those four teams have to play in the earlier round of the Challenge Cup, and the other eight teams will have Superleague fixtures on that weekend.
    Thanks. I assumed it was something like that with the 2 fixtures going ahead, but had not seen anything to confirm that.

Got A Season Ticket

I didn’t think school happened on the weekends?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Whatever, you're a two faced sad old weirdo. I think you actually enjoy it when you get grief on here and see it as some kind of bite winding folk up with your patronising rubbish. I actually felt bad about giving you stick a while back but you can forget that now. I hope you get stuffed, Shirley picks up season ender and you fall down the steps of the stand at full time. How's that for a bite?
    Why don't you put Rogues on your Ignore List and let the rest of us carry on for what it is, for the banter.

Because I enjoy the banter as much as anyone but if he's going to come on here pretending to be civil while pushing his patronising Wigan shite and calling our club perennial cheats on another site then he's going to get more than most.
    Playing footy at the soccerdome pitches today. Luckily it's 11.30 k.o. So I can leg it before that lot start rocking up.

The thing I've noticed about recreational grounds in Wigan is that none of them seem to have showers or at least working showers. Town full of scruffs

I notice it’s taking pride of place on Sky schedules.

I’ll be watching it, supporting the Roosters because they are my “second team” (my sister in law and nephew live in Sydney and send me Roosters Stuff for Xmas and birthday)

If I wasn’t working till 5 I would have gone to the match to support my second team, instead I’ll sit on my sofa and watch it on catchup with my Roosters shirt, Roosters hat, scarf, flag etc !!!!!!

Go Roosters!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection

Not sure if it’s been pointed out already on this thread but I remember going to the Saints vs Souths game and seeing all the Wigan and Wire fans wearing Souths scarfs and Hats and even Souths jerseys. There was no “let’s all get behind Saints” for that game! Roosters by 75 would do me nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I notice it’s taking pride of place on Sky schedules.

I’ll be watching it, supporting the Roosters because they are my “second team” (my sister in law and nephew live in Sydney and send me Roosters Stuff for Xmas and birthday)

If I wasn’t working till 5 I would have gone to the match to support my second team, instead I’ll sit on my sofa and watch it on catchup with my Roosters shirt, Roosters hat, scarf, flag etc !!!!!!

Go Roosters!
    It only kicks off at 7pm. Where do you work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    It only kicks off at 7pm. Where do you work?

I work in Stockport, live in Oldham. Assuming I get out of work on time, It’s 40 minutes home to meet the rest of them and then an hour to the pie dome, then where I park and walk over the bridge so it’s borderline for kick off. All it takes is to be late out of work by 15 minutes....

Being blunt, it’s too much of a rush and agro. If it was Saints i’d make the effort......

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I don't know of any Wigan fan who expects Saints fans to support us today.

Learning All The Songs

I remember clearly. I wouldn't want either of them supporting us and it goes to show the arrogance of them that they expect it from others. •••• them, I'm sure they don't actually understand that they're probably the most hated team in British RL, which again shows their arrogance/stupidity.

Just had a look on Skybet, Sydney are -10 at the moment, I think I'll be throwing a few quid at that.
    Roosters are 11/8 to lead at half time by more than 6 points. That's were my money is going.

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Not sure if it’s been pointed out already on this thread but I remember going to the Saints vs Souths game and seeing all the Wigan and Wire fans wearing Souths scarfs and Hats and even Souths jerseys. There was no “let’s all get behind Saints” for that game! Roosters by 75 would do me nicely!
    It’s a bit strange but each to their own I suppose. They’ll have put a few quid in the coffers so it’s all good. I don’t want Wigan to win but I’m not going to get too het up about it, more important things in the world

I’m not sure where all the confidence is coming from. 4 of the Roosters GF winning team aren’t playing, they are 12,000 miles from home and haven’t even played a warm up game.

Personally I think Wigan at +10 is a knocking bet. I want Roosters to win but I think it will be close either way.

In The South Stand

It still looks a pretty strong squad to me and I'm not that well up on Aussie teams these days. And they have the bonus of Ryan Hall not playing considering he's normally about 25 stone at this time of the season.
    Is Hall definatly not playing ? He is named in their squad.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    How do you know that they were Wigan and Wire fans if they had Souths jerseys on? And All?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I’m not sure where all the confidence is coming from. 4 of the Roosters GF winning team aren’t playing, they are 12,000 miles from home and haven’t even played a warm up game.

Personally I think Wigan at +10 is a knocking bet. I want Roosters to win but I think it will be close either way.

There are three of Wigans Grand Final team also missing, plus a different coach. I just want a good game, but to be honest I'm going more in hope than expectation.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

How do you know that they were Wigan and Wire fans if they had Souths jerseys on? And All?
    They had 3 eyes and 14 fingers

But seriously I was at that game and I remember seeing plenty of Wigan fans in south's tops. The accent is a giveaway for starters. come on you roosters

Learning All The Songs

There are three of Wigans Grand Final team also missing, plus a different coach. I just want a good game, but to be honest I'm going more in hope than expectation.
    yur at hom.
    thur jet lagd
    wever is luvly.
    they avnt ad a run out yet.

Starting A Programme Collection

It's an uphill task for the aussies, what with it being their first game of the season plus massive team changes a. D star men deciding not to come over and choosing to play I the all stars game instead.

In The South Stand

Ta for that,i hadn't seen the updated team news.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    They had 3 eyes and 14 fingers

But seriously I was at that game and I remember seeing plenty of Wigan fans in south's tops. The accent is a giveaway for starters. come on you roosters

You ruined it with "But seriously...…….."!

It's years since I played there, I remember doing my ankle on those daft pitches and it swelling up like a ham hock, it still clicks now.
    Dreadful aren't they? Got beat as well

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Enjoying Wigan being out wiganed so far.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk