Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Wigan vs Roosters

Got A Season Ticket

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Then there was the late tackle on Hardaker after he'd kicked the ball, Hicks gave a penalty against Farrell for offside (he was).
    But wouldn’t this be the right decision, the offence for offside taking place before the late hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    Y

But wouldn’t this be the right decision, the offence for offside taking place before the late hit?
    No, foul play always overrides a technical offence.

Learning All The Songs

Re Rogues, Oh the Irony!

Seriously why don't the mods get rid of this clown?

I have no problems with opppsition fans posting on here but enough is enough now. He's deliberately talking nonsense to wind people up

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sain...1551495650088/

The pies are shocking for this at the minute. It was your best tactic when we played you the other week. The only thing you had any joy with.
    In my eyes a bad example The frenchman, quick play the ball on the tackle earlier Williams sets off, Marshall accelerates causes the defender to make a leg tackle, looks to play the ball quickly, the defender holds on to the legs no way can he get square at the marker, should have been a Wigan penalty then. Marshall then does an imaginary dive when he didn`t get the penalty but to me that was a penalty before the "equity" application.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    In my eyes a bad example The frenchman, quick play the ball on the tackle earlier Williams sets off, Marshall accelerates causes the defender to make a leg tackle, looks to play the ball quickly, the defender holds on to the legs no way can he get square at the marker, should have been a Wigan penalty then. Marshall then does an imaginary dive when he didn`t get the penalty but to me that was a penalty before the "equity" application.
    Not really , it was a split second initially and they normally allow that.

A direct attempt to mislead the ref should be foul play. Penalty should have gone to the roosters, far to much simulation by the ball carrier currently, it needs stamping out.

Learning All The Songs

I'm not blaming the referee for the defeat, but the first try came from a wrong call to "scrub" the tackle count. No way did Powell play at the ball. Then there was the late tackle on Hardaker after he'd kicked the ball, Hicks gave a penalty against Farrell for offside (he was).
    JWH "tackles" on Powell and Farrell, should have been 10 minutes in the bin.

I've just had a look at the RFL disciplinary and not one incident from the Wigan v Roosters game has been looked at' Most strange when you consider the JWH incident and the contact with the referee late in the game
    That was very pleasing to see Sam '3rd man flopping on' Powell get wolloped I must admit.

Got A Season Ticket

Don't agree with your assessment on these - the tackle on Powell was late (not massively so) and deserved a penalty - which you got. It wasn't high or any contact made with the head so I don't even see where you could expect 10 mins punishment to come from.
    The second tackle wasn't even a foul, no contact with the head, not late - just aggressive. Pretty sure that this was no different than the Wigan approach to tackling in all games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Regardless of which way the penalty should have gone, it's still a clear example of a RL player taking a dive. I've seen a lot of it in Wigan's games so far this year, but I'm not going to pretend that it's only them that do it. The game needs to collectively call it out for the embarrassment that it is.
    Last edited by Dux; 19th February 2019 at 17:27.

Got A Season Ticket

No, just disagree with you, a matter of opinion surely.
    You really don't get it do you - or more likely choose not to?

Some of your posts are interesting and even informative. But any respect and validity goes out of the window because you go missing when challenged on any of the following aspects of Wigan's box of tricks:-

Playacting and diving
    Salary cap cheating
    Thuggery - still waiting for you to acknowledge the acts of Flower & Newton

But hey another moral victory for Wigan again and Saints are "perennial cheats' - just opinions though......

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Don't agree with your assessment on these - the tackle on Powell was late (not massively so) and deserved a penalty - which you got. It wasn't high or any contact made with the head so I don't even see where you could expect 10 mins punishment to come from.
    The second tackle wasn't even a foul, no contact with the head, not late - just aggressive. Pretty sure that this was no different than the Wigan approach to tackling in all games.
    The ref said he is close to the line of aggression / illegal, which was probably a fair assessment. Ironic this happening to Wigan who constantly play close to the line at best

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Some of your posts are interesting and even informative. But any respect and validity goes out of the window because you go missing when challenged on any of the following aspects of Wigan's box of tricks:-

Playacting and diving
    Salary cap cheating

But hey another moral victory for Wigan again and Saints are "perennial cheats' - just opinions though......
    Told you. A wind up. You wouldn't get away with it on C & W if it was the other way around. Nothing more than a troll

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    No, foul play always overrides a technical offence.
    Thank you.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Playacting and diving
    Salary cap cheating

This is my constant point of view re this particular crust munching poster. His completely blinkered view of the game, ie Wigan do no wrong and Saints are "perennial cheats" destroys any credibility he has and undermines any case he wishes to put forward. Everyone who watches SL know Wigan for what they are, they can see it every time the Pies play. The only folk who seem to miss their constant infringements are (usually) the officials and the SKY team. If we really want to get the game to move forward the Pies must be officiated in the same way as everyone else, especially at the DW. I doubt you'll see Hicks be so fair minded when he officiates the next SL game at the Piedome.

Banned

I'm not blaming the referee for the defeat, but the first try came from a wrong call to "scrub" the tackle count. No way did Powell play at the ball. Then there was the late tackle on Hardaker after he'd kicked the ball, Hicks gave a penalty against Farrell for offside (he was).

I've just had a look at the RFL disciplinary and not one incident from the Wigan v Roosters game has been looked at' Most strange when you consider the JWH incident and the contact with the referee late in the game
    Bottom line is Wigan lost. They got beat
    There were debatable calls on both teams. Wigan blew it, there forwards were soft in the first 15 minutes and Clubb and Flower performed a double vanishing act. I thought Wigan's gamesmanship was the only area where they exceeded the performance of their NRL counterparts. A lamentable performance.

Little in the JW incident, certainly less dodgy than the hit on Wheeler at the DW years back .