Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wigan vs Roosters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got A Season Ticket

Default Wigan vs Roosters

WCC has always been a game that attracts a decent share of neutrals, anyone from here going next Sunday?

I’m considering going mainly for the purpose of watching Sydney. They was incredible in last years final, and have some great players I’d like to watch live.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

If we don't make the grand final, I think I'll be more disappointed than last year. These two are garbage

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    If we don't make the grand final, I think I'll be more disappointed than last year. These two are garbage
    We were the best team last year but blew it when it mattered

Banned

Truth

If the Roosters put out a half decent team next week, I'll be lumping on the handicap.

That Lolohea for Leeds is awful. Looks like a poor man's Lance Hohaia on tonight's evidence.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

As bad as they were, I think the game was better than Cas V Hull.

Leeds will be lucky to finish in the top 5. New signings look average despite the fanfare. They still lack leaders and also pace

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    WCC has always been a game that attracts a decent share of neutrals, anyone from here going next Sunday?

I’m considering going mainly for the purpose of watching Sydney. They was incredible in last years final, and have some great players I’d like to watch live.
    The first and last time I’ll ever agree with L.S.F but why any Saints fan would even consider going to that game is beyond me.

Banned

David Furner was reported last autumn to have been having second thoughts about the Leeds job.

Bet he's regretting not listening to that little nagging doubt now.

Banned

Hurrell looked handy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I think he’ll have good days but without any pace a good team will fancy wrapping him up physically more often than not

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think he’ll have good days but without any pace a good team will fancy wrapping him up physically more often than not
    Good point. And Leeds seem to already be resorting to a "just lob it to Hurrell" reliance for a bit of momentum, which will burn him out.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    id be more bothered about lolohea if i followed leeds he seems to be a lot heavier now than i remember him at the n.z warriors sure he would have finished one of the breaks he made then

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    If teams allow him to get his confidence up he can be very destructive. But he us definitely a flat track bully and if someone gives him a slap he goes hiding

Last year he tried playing the hard man with one of the Sims brothers and got battered

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    The first and last time I’ll ever agree with L.S.F but why any Saints fan would even consider going to that game is beyond me.
    I know, going to watch the two best rugby league teams in the world play each other 10 minutes up the road is really mind boggling.

Additionally at 30 years of age I’m able to see beyond one team being the rivals of my supported team, and put having a good day before childish sensitivity.

If Wigan win (which I doubt) and want to brag then so be it. If saints win things do we not say anything?

I know, going to watch the two best rugby league teams in the world play each other 10 minutes up the road is really mind boggling.

Additionally at 30 years of age I’m able to see beyond one team being the rivals of my supported team, and put having a good day before childish sensitivity.

If Wigan win (which I doubt) and want to brag then so be it. If saints win things do we not say anything?
    C'mon

Got A Season Ticket

Ok then the current champions from either hemisphere (kind of the same thing).

The fact that some people find this idea so bewildering is kind of funny. Other than when they play us, I couldn’t care less if Wigan win or lose.

Learning All The Songs

I stopped taking you seriously at ‘the two best rugby league teams in the world’, what a ridiculous statement. It’s nothing to do with childish sensitivity why would you want to go and watch your arch rivals play in a game that if they win will be celebrating like mad. Any serious Liverpool fan wouldn’t go and watch United play against Barcelona in the champions league final even if they could go for free. When did I say Wigan can’t brag, the point I was making was why would you want to go to watch a game that is massive to them and could be the biggest of their season. Can we lock this thread and pretend it never happened before any one takes the p1ss out of us?

Learning All The Songs

Still the team to beat i think when you consider they have the two wingrs to come back; pace all over the pitch.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    Still the team to beat i think when you consider they have the two wingrs to come back; pace all over the pitch.
    One is made of glass and the other won’t get into the team when all 4 are fit anyway (if that even happens). They’ve lost their best player, haven’t replaced him and have a new coach. Whilst we’re only 2 games in they don’t look like the team to beat at all.

Got A Season Ticket

I stopped taking you seriously at ‘the two best rugby league teams in the world’, what a ridiculous statement. It’s nothing to do with childish sensitivity why would you want to go and watch your arch rivals play in a game that if they win will be celebrating like mad. Any serious Liverpool fan wouldn’t go and watch United play against Barcelona in the champions league final even if they could go for free. When did I say Wigan can’t brag, the point I was making was why would you want to go to watch a game that is massive to them and could be the biggest of their season. Can we lock this thread and pretend it never happened before any one takes the p1ss out of us?

The last thing I’ll do is base myself on a bunch of fans (football fans) who get more joy out of their rivals misery than they get from there own teams success.

End of the day, it’s a cheap day out and could be a good game and an opportunity to watch some of the best players in the world. I’ll sleep fine that night if Wigan win or not, then should saints win there next game it’s win win.

Learning All The Songs

The last thing I’ll do is base myself on a bunch of fans (football fans) who get more joy out of their rivals misery than they get from there own teams success.

End of the day, it’s a cheap day out and could be a good game and an opportunity to watch some of the best players in the world. I’ll sleep fine that night if Wigan win or not, then should saints win there next game it’s win win.
    Your decision I suppose but I couldn’t disagree with you more.

Starting A Programme Collection

Don't know why you reply to him mate ,just ignore .

Starting A Programme Collection

Get a grip mate , the lad has said why he will go , he loves rugby whoever is playing . I will certainly watch if it is on fox sports .

Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar

Any true Saints fan NEVER watches the Goons playing unless they are playing Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    Any true Saints fan NEVER watches the Goons playing unless they are playing Saints.
    Or losing.