Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan vs Roosters

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Sounds like a good plan for all parties. Gives us a bit of a run out instead of a blank weekend and it’ll be a good experience for our youngsters who will learn a thing or two no doubt
    Shame they don’t open it up to fans. Could of done it as a charity thing charging something like a fiver for adults 3 quid for kids, or Free to season ticket holders.

I’d go if I could.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/47205866

Didn't realise Morley was only 23 when he went over there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Saints to have a training match against Sydney on Thursday.
    I imagine Trent Robinson will be asking for some tips too with Saints’ recent record against Wigan, 3 wins, 1 loss in the past 12 months.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...lub-challenge/
    Good experience for our guys, but how do you play at 70%?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I will buck the trend here and hope Wigan win. It will raise some eyebrows down under.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I will buck the trend here and hope Wigan win. It will raise some eyebrows down under.
    I hope they get absolutely hammered and couldn't give 2 monkeys what impact it will have down under.
    I've never ever wanted Wigan to win a game and never will do and especially can't deal with Wigan fans on social media giving it the 'World Champs' biggen either.
    But each to their own..

Got A Season Ticket

I could find a way to shout for any team especially if there playing a aussie side but not Wigan too many bad things in the memory banks regarding that team I'm afraid

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    I wouldn't want you next to me in the trenches. Shameful for a Saints fan to say that and if you think the Aussie's are that bothered you're deluded. If they took it seriously, they would wipe the floor with the SL team every year.
    Not sure I would want you next to me in the pub.
    Learned comment from The Don

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I wouldn't want you next to me in the trenches. Shameful for a Saints fan to say that and if you think the Aussie's are that bothered you're deluded. If they took it seriously, they would wipe the floor with the SL team every year.
    That is one of the most stupid comments you have ever made. The Aussie psyche is to win at everything they do, and beating any English side is top of their list (alongside beating anything from New Zealand.)
    Have you ever been to Australia?

Got A Season Ticket

While I agree that Aussies do not like losing especially to Poms , there needs to be a bit of perspective as to what the WCC means in each country . In England SKY have hyped this up to be the game that determines the best RL side in the world. In Australia it is a preseason run out albeit a somewhat prestigious one. A bit like the Charity Shield in football. Bear in mind the NRL kicks off with it's first game on 14th March , so any SL team should be ahead on fitness . I can't buy SKY's take on it although I think it'll be a good watch on the telly and like a fair few saints fans I hope Roosters hand them their backsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    That is one of the most stupid comments you have ever made. The Aussie psyche is to win at everything they do, and beating any English side is top of their list (alongside beating anything from New Zealand.)
    Not really. When you got given the game against Cronulla, Jimmy Maloney didn't seem too fussed in a post-match interview.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    While I agree that Aussies do not like losing especially to Poms , there needs to be a bit of perspective as to what the WCC means in each country . In England SKY have hyped this up to be the game that determines the best RL side in the world. In Australia it is a preseason run out albeit a somewhat prestigious one. A bit like the Charity Shield in football. Bear in mind the NRL kicks off with it's first game on 14th March , so any SL team should be ahead on fitness . I can't buy SKY's take on it although I think it'll be a good watch on the telly and like a fair few saints fans I hope Roosters hand them their backsides.
    I'd compare it to the Football World Club thing. South American clubs treat is a way to try and beat the European Champions, and if and when they do it is a massive thing for them. When the European team wins it's a nice trophy but nothing special.

I'll be honest, Bolton in 2001 and 2007 were brilliant nights when we beat Brisbane. But I've been to ones where we've been battered and I've treated it as nothing. It's one of those things that you want to win and you celebrate when you do, but aren't really bothered if you lose.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

That doesn’t apply to all Australian teams, Rogues. In all honesty most NRL clubs would consider the WCC an inconvenience to their pre season. I agree that they don’t like losing. But if they had to chose between playing this game risking injury to players, or forfeiting it in order to start the NRL season with a fully fit squad im betting most of them would pick the latter .
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I'd compare it to the Football World Club thing. South American clubs treat is a way to try and beat the European Champions, and if and when they do it is a massive thing for them. When the European team wins it's a nice trophy but nothing special.

I'll be honest, Bolton in 2001 and 2007 were brilliant nights when we beat Brisbane. But I've been to ones where we've been battered and I've treated it as nothing. It's one of those things that you want to win and you celebrate when you do, but aren't really bothered if you lose.
    I think we caught Brisbane off guard in 2001. Not so in 2007. Brisbane came over determined in 2007 IIRC and we still beat them. Either way. Both great nights. Plenty Aussie internationals in both of those Brisbane squads.
    Lockyer, Webcke, Tallis, Berrigan, Tiquiri, Sailor, Civonaceva, Thorn (international in both codes), Tate, Carroll. Thems just off the top of my head.

Just shows how good the Saints team of the early 00’s was!!!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I think we caught Brisbane off guard in 2001. Not so in 2007. Brisbane came over determined in 2007 IIRC and we still beat them. Either way. Both great nights. Plenty Aussie internationals in both of those Brisbane squads.
    Lockyer, Webcke, Tallis, Berrigan, Tiquiri, Sailor, Civonaceva, Thorn (international in both codes), Tate, Carroll. Thems just off the top of my head.

Just shows how good the Saints team of the early 00’s was!!!
    So the teams who played Saints took it seriously, but the teams who play(ed) Wigan didn't!! Give over.

Got A Season Ticket

So the teams who played Saints took it seriously, but the teams who play(ed) Wigan didn't!! Give over.

How did you reduce that from his comment?

For me to add credibility to it we should rotate it more between here and Oz. I’d also like to see it played later so they can get some match fitness not turn up straight off the beach.

Learning All The Songs

I just hope its a good match. I use to go all these type of games but as you get older the TV beckons. Must admit I always love to see the Aussies get beat but it is a tall order for Wigan. Plenty of rain needed and perhaps a bit of snow (remember our game at Bolton). If conditions are dry expect the worse.

I never said that, Grandad. Getting a bit defensive there, pal.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I never said that, Grandad. Getting a bit defensive there, pal.
    Not defensive at all. I'll tell you Brisbane took it seriously when we beat them over there. Cronulla took it serioulys when we beat them over here, and Souths took it so seriously when they put 39 on yourselves that I know a junior coach who put enough on them at -30 to pay for a family holiday!!

Dark Side Of The Moon who strangely seems to have disappeared seems to think, as I do that "The Roosters" will be "up for it" so much that he predicts a 40 point win for them, pity he won't put his money where is mouth is!!

I'm looking forward to the game, as always, win, lose or draw. Remember though you have to be in it to win it.

I’ll be there , cheering on the Roosters. Got hospitality booked so beer , food & Rugby .. can’t be bad

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by N0.1 Saint View Post
    I’ll be there , cheering on the Roosters. Got hospitality booked so beer , food & Rugby .. can’t be bad
    Good man, enjoy.

Not defensive at all. I'll tell you Brisbane took it seriously when we beat them over there. Cronulla took it serioulys when we beat them over here, and Souths took it so seriously when they put 39 on yourselves that I know a junior coach who put enough on them at -30 to pay for a family holiday!!

Dark Side Of The Moon who strangely seems to have disappeared seems to think, as I do that "The Roosters" will be "up for it" so much that he predicts a 40 point win for them, pity he won't put his money where is mouth is!!

I'm looking forward to the game, as always, win, lose or draw. Remember though you have to be in it to win it.
    3 lines into this post and i regret participating in a Wigan thread

Got A Season Ticket

Sorry I forgot you're an amateur psychologist as well as and expert on all RL matters. If that's the case then I hope they destroy you and you pick up half a dozen season ending injuries. Do one Brian you sad old troll, you deserve all the grief you get on here and more besides. I'll be watching now praying you get hammered and then I'll hammer you daily on here once you crawl back out from under your rock.
    Have you not learned from the other day about personal attacks !!!!

Learning All The Songs

Prime example why I want the Roosters to absolutely hammer them. Can't understand how any Saints fan will be shouting for Wigan when this is the tripe they come out with. Absolute muppet.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Personal attacks? He called me stupid if you want to act like a child over it. I didn't actually post what I really thought about his patronising nonsense. The guy is a troll and I doubt you'll find many on here who disagree, he's also quite sly in the way he goes about it.
    I didn't call you stupid, I said it was a stupid comment, there's a difference!!

Cronulla took it seriously? Nah