Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan vs Roosters

Got A Season Ticket

Default Wigan vs Roosters

WCC has always been a game that attracts a decent share of neutrals, anyone from here going next Sunday?

I’m considering going mainly for the purpose of watching Sydney. They was incredible in last years final, and have some great players I’d like to watch live.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    This has to be wind up.
    Not at all. There is no other rugby on that weekend and this game should be a decent one. I’d rather watch some rugby than none at all.

Truth be told Wigan are not even the side I dislike the most despite being a saints fan.

I take it you will be watching songs of praise, Sunday kitchen and he usual garbage shown on a Sunday instead?

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Any half back could do a lot worse than going to watch Cooper Cronk (if he’s fit) in person.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Any half back could do a lot worse than going to watch Cooper Cronk (if he’s fit) in person.

James Tedesco is the player I think I would take for saints If offered any player in the world, a special player that guy. If memory serves me, him and Naqiama used to player together at West Tigers? There is a Kevin Naqaima YouTube video and Tedesco is the man who sets up pretty much every try Kevin scores in it.

This has to be wind up.
    Why wouldn't a neutral want to watch a one-off game between the champions of both hemispheres?

That's half the problem preventing the expansion of RL, some fans have a blinkered view and don't give a toss about anything that doesn't directly involve their team. How many English football fans watched the World Cup final even though their team had no involvement?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Will be interesting to see who is available for the Roosters. I think I read Latrell Mitchell has decided to play in that All Stars game instead of the WCC so don't think they'll be full strength.
    I hope Victor Radley plays though, he can fold people in half.. future NSW 13.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    Why wouldn't a neutral want to watch a one-off game between the champions of both hemispheres?

That's half the problem preventing the expansion of RL, some fans have a blinkered view and don't give a toss about anything that doesn't directly involve their team. How many English football fans watched the World Cup final even though their team had no involvement?

Well put.

I would think all of us are rugby fans first and foremost. I watched Hull vs Cas last night, watching tonight’s game. In the past I’ve considered going wire and Wigan games when they’ve been playing other top teams (not saints) If I’m doing nothing else. Twenty quid or so for what I’d hope is a good game of rugby, can think or worse ways to spend a night.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Well put.

I would think all of us are rugby fans first and foremost. I watched Hull vs Cas last night, watching tonight’s game. In the past I’ve considered going wire and Wigan games when they’ve been playing other top teams (not saints) If I’m doing nothing else. Twenty quid or so for what I’d hope is a good game of rugby, can think or worse ways to spend a night.
    Exactly.
    When I was young (yes a long long time ago) mam & dad would often take me to watch other local teams especially if the likes of Fox, Murphy, Bevan, Davies etc etc were playing. We didn't have a car so couldn't follow Wigan away if they were in Yorkshire.
    When the touring teams came over we tried to get to as many club and International games as we could.

In The South Stand

Like it or not they're the current best of the best (at least 'til the end of the season!), who wouldn't want to see champions play each other? My only qualm is having to support the Aussies!

I'll definitely watch it on TV. Would it not have been better to play it on the Saturday rather than a Sunday?

Got A Season Ticket

I certainly won't be putting money in their pockets for a glorified friendly that's for certain.
    I doubt my 40 pound or so will determine if they can switch the lights on anytime soon.

Got A Season Ticket

We play games on a Thursday mate, common sense Is not too common in our game.

Learning All The Songs

Nobody at Wigan's rented stadium tonight so even the locals can't be fussed

Banned

That Powell is a right little turd. Rams his hand into the Leeds player's mouth, then bleats to the ref that he's been bitten. Horrible, talentless scumbag.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

If we don't make the grand final, I think I'll be more disappointed than last year. These two are garbage

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    If we don't make the grand final, I think I'll be more disappointed than last year. These two are garbage
    We were the best team last year but blew it when it mattered

Banned

Truth

If the Roosters put out a half decent team next week, I'll be lumping on the handicap.

That Lolohea for Leeds is awful. Looks like a poor man's Lance Hohaia on tonight's evidence.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

As bad as they were, I think the game was better than Cas V Hull.

Leeds will be lucky to finish in the top 5. New signings look average despite the fanfare. They still lack leaders and also pace

Learning All The Songs

WCC has always been a game that attracts a decent share of neutrals, anyone from here going next Sunday?

I’m considering going mainly for the purpose of watching Sydney. They was incredible in last years final, and have some great players I’d like to watch live.
    The first and last time I’ll ever agree with L.S.F but why any Saints fan would even consider going to that game is beyond me.

Banned

David Furner was reported last autumn to have been having second thoughts about the Leeds job.

Bet he's regretting not listening to that little nagging doubt now.

Banned

Hurrell looked handy, though.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post

What rubbish. So fans should go and watch a team they don’t support because they don’t have enough fans to fill the stadium? There is absolutely zero comparison between England fans going to watch one of the biggest events in sport when they’ve already paid good money for tickets long before they knew who was in the final and a Saints fan going to watch their arch rivals play in a game which most NRL players don’t give a toss about.

Well put.

Because watching Hull vs Cas on TV is the same as going to a Wigan game which we’d never hear the end of if they were to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Hurrell looked handy, though.
    I think he’ll have good days but without any pace a good team will fancy wrapping him up physically more often than not

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think he’ll have good days but without any pace a good team will fancy wrapping him up physically more often than not
    Good point. And Leeds seem to already be resorting to a "just lob it to Hurrell" reliance for a bit of momentum, which will burn him out.