Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wakey Away

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Did this a couple of years ago and the ticket office only took cash not cards so might need to be prepared.
    Yep since they don’t take cards they may not be prepared for decimal currency, it being Yorkshire.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Whats Wakey like for just turning up on the day? I can’t imagine theirs any chance of it selling out. Can you pay on the gate if you’re willing to stand with the Wakefield fans?
    No problem buying on the day but have to buy a ticket from the hut on Doncaster Road (within the ground) as there are no cash turnstiles.

Away supporters need to stand on the Western Terrace. However if you prefer to sit there are no restrictions within the East Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Get them took. As for their fans, it's like any team, majority are fine and a few not so. However, talk to them you'll find the vast majority are there for the game, they just support a different team.

If you are going by car there is a new road that brings you to the ground avoiding Wakefield city centre. Come off the M62 at junction 30 onto the A642, at the Shell garage (about 3 miles) go left onto the A6194. Stay on that road until you come to a large double roundabout and join the A638 (Doncaster Road0 heading into Wakefield. The ground is about 3/4 of a mile on your left.
    Thanks Brian, probably driving from Cadishead, my little lad's playing there in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    You should be fine mate, never had any issues there. It's different to everywhere else as the away fans are actually down the side, behind the players dug outs. So, in many ways it's like a home game in terms of the view and being able to get on the ref's back.... David Fifita always has some good banter with the Saints fans when he's spelled.
    Thanks, I've bought the tickets yesterday. Had to wait for the second lot to come over from Wakefield though. Kids can't wait.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    Thanks, I've bought the tickets yesterday. Had to wait for the second lot to come over from Wakefield though. Kids can't wait.
    Genuinely think we're missing a trick not having a least one game a year on a Sunday. Pick a game Sky is unlikely to choose, or at least say to sky can you not put our game against Hull KR, Salford or Wakey on. Not to mention it's not got the pressure of one of the bigger games

Play it on a Sunday in early summer and you'll have it, bouncy castles etc. You'd have it packed out with kids. I've got a 3 year old (nearly four) taking him on a Friday night isn't an option. Took him to a 20/20 match at old Trafford last summer and he loved it

I'm sure I'm not alone

Can't believe that nobody has mentioned that Wakefield was the only away game which we lost last year. Must not take it for granted that we will win.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Genuinely think we're missing a trick not having a least one game a year on a Sunday. Pick a game Sky is unlikely to choose, or at least say to sky can you not put our game against Hull KR, Salford or Wakey on. Not to mention it's not got the pressure of one of the bigger games

Play it on a Sunday in early summer and you'll have it, bouncy castles etc. You'd have it packed out with kids. I've got a 3 year old (nearly four) taking him on a Friday night isn't an option. Took him to a 20/20 match at old Trafford last summer and he loved it

I'm sure I'm not alone
    Catalans at home at the end of April is on a Sunday acording to my fixtures card. Not quite early summer but the weather could be OK.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster Gas View Post
    Catalans at home at the end of April is on a Sunday acording to my fixtures card. Not quite early summer but the weather could be OK.
    Saturday 6th 18.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Saturday 6th 18.00.
    6th April is away - home is 28th April 3pm (unless it's been changed!!)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    I was thinking of the away game. I didn't realise we played them twice in 22 days.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

I'm sure I'm not alone
    Completely agree, I've always struggled to take the kids as by about 9:15 the novelty of being there has worn off and they are half asleep.

I think Saints did a Sunday game a few seasons ago, but I think is was Mother's Day or there was something else it clashed with and we had a relatively poor attendance. Didn't we also do a Groupon deal (2012i-ish v Huddersfield) that was on a Sunday.

Learning All The Songs

I'm sure I'm not alone

You are not mate - I would like a few more pm games on Saturdays and Sundays. Less rushing about and trying to dodge teh jams on the 62 after work and a bit more chilled

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    You're quite right, hadn't realised. Will get him a ticket for that one

In The South Stand

Always a tough one. I'd be made up if we could win there. It would potentially show real improvement in the squad if we could. I'd take any win, but suspect it could be a difficult afternoon for us. One where our scapegoats for the season will be established.

Noooobie

It will certainly be a tough one but it’s very winnable. Looking forward to making the trip.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Tidied this thread up a bit because the original question had some useful responses. The rest of it and the ensuing stirring is gone. Some of you will have had messages deleted that didn't bother me in the slightest, but they've been removed because they were linked to the stuff that I've cleared out. Don't be offended, I've just removed everything except the on topic responses.
    No worries, good job mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    The first game I ever took my lads to was Wakefield away. They had a great day and it encouraged them to go again, not stay away, so that pretty much says they'll enjoy it.
    The Wakefield fans we come across today were great, a really friendly bunch. I'd think twice about standing with Saints speccies next time though, 80 minutes of swearing and the beer throwing made a return! I must be getting old!