Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Jack Welsby

Got A Season Ticket

Default Jack Welsby

Nice little write up in The Mirror on Jack Welsby: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby...w_5CN9Q3ODu0x0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

It is a good article (but the Mirror site, like most newspapers sites, is horrendous; always locking up as it tries to load a zillion adverts)

I reckon, if Thursday's game is anything to go by, he'll do very well to study Coote's positioning and reading of the game. If Coote has the ability to convey what he was thinking throughout and coach Welsby, it will benefit his development hugely, because Coote gave a bit of a masterclass - hopefully a sign of the season to come.

Learning All The Songs

Not convinced FB will be his final position, to me he looks more suited to 6. Given his build i'd actually expect him later in his career to end up as a ball playing 13

In The South Stand

When I watched Coote I said " he most like Wellens we have had since Wellens ".

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    When I watched Coote I said " he most like Wellens we have had since Wellens ".
    2006 model? Yes please.

In The South Stand

That's what I meant.

Learning All The Songs

We seem to have 4 halfbacks or potential half backs in the squad:Coote, Lomax, Fages and Welsby.

Is that right or am I missing something? Who have we got in the junior team who might be able to come in if we get injuries and are they anyway near ready? Really, given that Coote is mainly a full back we only have three people and neither scrum half is the finished player. We seem to be a bit thin in the half backs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    We seem to have 4 halfbacks or potential half backs in the squad:Coote, Lomax, Fages and Welsby.

Is that right or am I missing something? Who have we got in the junior team who might be able to come in if we get injuries and are they anyway near ready? Really, given that Coote is mainly a full back we only have three people and neither scrum half is the finished player. We seem to be a bit thin in the half backs
    For me if we get it right Richardson and Welsby could be our future halfbacks sooner than later, Welsby now seems to be 12 months ahead of schedule and will be challenging Lomax for that position in 2020, Richardson really needs another 12 months under his development belt and is challenging Fages to get the shirt back.

When we signed Paulo if I remember rightly Holbrook mentioned him linking up with the halves if need be, similarly we've got Coote who can take up that active role. Slightly longer term we've got Josh Simms waiting in the future half back wings.

We just seem to have a bit more flexibility with less drama if we have an injury crisis in the backs, I would say perhaps better to adapt than most other clubs.

Interesting to note that Fages contract is up at the end of the season. I wonder what will happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    My guess would be he'll either sign a new contract or go to another club.

Learning All The Songs

Option three: get job as head coach.....

In The South Stand

Shrewd guess there. I would imagine that we are going to offer him another contract,otherwise we wouldn't be starting him at 7 again with Richardson fit.

In The South Stand

I'd have thought so myself, he's a very useful player to have around and seems well thought of.
    Like you say he's very handy to have around. Long certainly rates him very highly https://www.totalrl.com/sean-long-ba...-make-the-top/

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I would think that if he does not sign another contract, it will be his decision rather than Saints.