Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lomax Signs New Contract

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Sure there was a video clip of someone saying wellens used to just go in and have a cup of tea to sort his contract out. Proper bloke

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Fair enough pal. I still think its a dying occupation in the modern day. If im confident that im a world beater im pretty sure i will get a good deal. Doing it myself means i don’t need to give some agent a cut either.
    How does an agent sell himself to a player??
    Agent ‘Give me a percentage and i’ll FIND you the best deal!!!’
    Player ‘No thanks. I’ll play my best rugby and the money will FIND me’
    Oh I agree- I dont like the way it appears agents operate.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    At Tuesday’s forum both Lomax and Wellens stated that they’d never used an agent in negotiation but both, of course, were merely discussing the matter with their existing clubs. On the other hand, Naqaima and Paulo admitted to having agents because it allowed them to get on with playing as opposed to trying to find out who the appropriate people were to talk to at each club, which club were looking to fill which positions, how much the going rates were etc. Horses for courses, I suppose.
    AS you say it's very much horses for courses,in the nrl there seems to be a lot more player movement and it makes sense to have an agent to look for the best deals both at home and abroad. Over here you see a lot more one club players and it makes sense for them to just deal directly with the chairman/whoever deals with contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Sure there was a video clip of someone saying wellens used to just go in and have a cup of tea to sort his contract out. Proper bloke
    He said as much on Tuesday. Said he’d meet with McManus for a tea/coffee, would spend the first 5 minutes sorting out the deal and then spend an hour chatting about anything and everything.