Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOM v Wigan

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

The Tom Daley Budgie Smuggler award for the best dive of the night was a close call between Lulu Eye and Powell they are bringing the game into disrepute. If they want to throw them selves on the floor then they should try Association Football.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    The Tom Daley Budgie Smuggler award for the best dive of the night was a close call between Lulu Eye and Powell they are bringing the game into disrepute. If they want to throw them selves on the floor then they should try Association Football.
    The game as a whole needs to nip all this nonsense in the bud. Commentators need to ridicule it, fans need to boo them for the rest of the game, coaches need to call them out, refs need to take action etc etc otherwise it will become acceptable like in football as you mention. It’s unthinkable that we are now seeing those kind of antics in a sport that prides itself on honesty. We laugh at football for it but we’re in danger of going the same way

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    The game as a whole needs to nip all this nonsense in the bud. Commentators need to ridicule it, fans need to boo them for the rest of the game, coaches need to call them out, refs need to take action etc etc otherwise it will become acceptable like in football as you mention. It’s unthinkable that we are now seeing those kind of antics in a sport that prides itself on honesty. We laugh at football for it but we’re in danger of going the same way
    I fear we already have

Again tonight, wire played very well but why did Hill play the ball direct into a player when he didn't need to, just to 'win' a penalty that's why and it worked. Ref should just allow play on, if it slows his PTB up then it's his own fault

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I fear we already have

Again tonight, wire played very well but why did Hill play the ball direct into a player when he didn't need to, just to 'win' a penalty that's why and it worked. Ref should just allow play on, if it slows his PTB up then it's his own fault
    Over the course of the televised games, there were a number of incidents at the PLB where it was obvious players couldn't physically remove themselves from the area and the player in possession deliberately played for a penalty. Sometimes the refs just need to show some nous! Although I can see the other side of the argument where folk would call out refs regarding consistency, so it's a tough one, where you can't please everyone, bit like life really!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Over the course of the televised games, there were a number of incidents at the PLB where it was obvious players couldn't physically remove themselves from the area and the player in possession deliberately played for a penalty. Sometimes the refs just need to show some nous! Although I can see the other side of the argument where folk would call out refs regarding consistency, so it's a tough one, where you can't please everyone, bit like life really!
    I think that if the player is trying to get out of the way it should be play on. If they are trying to gain advantage then it should be a penalty and let the ref decide. I watched all the televised games and overall I like the new rules but this issue at the PTB was a bit obvious. It’s annoying. Let the game flow

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Its a shame really the RFL brought in the time wasting rules with the shock clock which looks a positive, they should have instructed the ref to clean up the PTB by policing it correctly.

Take our game on Thursday night and the no of times the Goons played the ball a couple metres forward of the mark we did it as well but the Goons as ever go beyond the norm, same for interference at the PTB I would have brought in a ruling that if the player knocks on when playing the ball with an opposition player still in contact then we replay the PTB instead of a scrum.
    The other one is when the tackle is complete. Thompson got tackled and was about ready to play when O'Loughlin hit the hand to loosen the ball and the Goons got head and feed.

Banned

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Webbo Again; 3rd February 2019 at 20:16.

Roby
    Percy
    Coote

Banned

Wasn't that Hardaker?

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

So where can we see the M.O.M. listings from the all new system. They did say it would be up somewhere didn't they?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I think that if the player is trying to get out of the way it should be play on. If they are trying to gain advantage then it should be a penalty and let the ref decide. I watched all the televised games and overall I like the new rules but this issue at the PTB was a bit obvious. It’s annoying. Let the game flow

Agree, just play on, it discourages game playing

Noooobie

Theo
    Roby
    Percy
    Once a blue always a blue