Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints announce Duel Reg deal with Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Costello scored
    Jack Ashworth had a blinder, won man of the match, Douglas and Aaron Smith also had good games, according the the match commentator on radio Manchester

Daughter and family went. Ashworth outstanding. Holbrook was watching. Douglas played well.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Daughter and family went. Ashworth outstanding. Holbrook was watching. Douglas played well.
    Really hope Ashworth gets a good go this year. He offers an offload game we haven't got elsewhere

Noooobie

Good morning Saints' fans! Just popping on here to let you know how well your four lads did for us yesterday. Luke Douglas has been there, got the t-shirt etc, but he and Ashworth, Smith and Costello have obviously bought into the Leigh ethic of team spirit and togetherness. They all showed tremendous commitment to the cause - a commitment that D/R players haven't always shown in the past. And of course, they all brought that other typical Saints ingredient - skill and class. With our current finances, we were always going to struggle for numbers this season, and will have to rely heavily on Saints to make up our squad. If the quality of player that we get, is like yesterday's, we should have an entertaining season, and perhaps surprise some of the other 'favourites' in the Championship.

Unfortunately, I can't see us having Ashworth for long, if yesterday's performance is anything to go by. Douglas was everything I expected him to be, for a player with his experience. Both he and Ashworth were a handful, all the time they were on the pitch, as was Aaron Smith. Costello was always looking to bring his winger into the game and put him in for a try - a favour that was almost immediately returned, when Pownall put him in for a debut try.

It was great to see such young talent (plus one not so young!) in our team's colours. Now then, when are you sending Roby and Makinson to us?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by AlanE View Post
    Good morning Saints' fans!
    Thanks Alan. Good of you to come on here and report back. Generous praise of the Saints players and I'm glad they showed up well within your team. I hope it helps your team keep pace this year given the financial predicament you're in - and also keep the Saints squad not making SL game day selection fit and hungry to secure a spot.

Good to know Holbrook was there too - a sign that he's keeping options open for anyone who shows good form in the squad. Hopefully more rotation of the squad this year to keep people fresher and more competitive.

In The South Stand

Can’t see Ashworth being there for long, I fancy he’ll be there or thereabouts for the nineteen most weeks. Leigh’s a step up from Sheffield, so if he’s not playing for us, he’ll be playing for a decent side.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Good morning Saints' fans! Just popping on here to let you know how well your four lads did for us yesterday. Luke Douglas has been there, got the t-shirt etc, but he and Ashworth, Smith and Costello have obviously bought into the Leigh ethic of team spirit and togetherness. They all showed tremendous commitment to the cause - a commitment that D/R players haven't always shown in the past. And of course, they all brought that other typical Saints ingredient - skill and class. With our current finances, we were always going to struggle for numbers this season, and will have to rely heavily on Saints to make up our squad. If the quality of player that we get, is like yesterday's, we should have an entertaining season, and perhaps surprise some of the other 'favourites' in the Championship.

Unfortunately, I can't see us having Ashworth for long, if yesterday's performance is anything to go by. Douglas was everything I expected him to be, for a player with his experience. Both he and Ashworth were a handful, all the time they were on the pitch, as was Aaron Smith. Costello was always looking to bring his winger into the game and put him in for a try - a favour that was almost immediately returned, when Pownall put him in for a debut try.

It was great to see such young talent (plus one not so young!) in our team's colours. Now then, when are you sending Roby and Makinson to us?
    Thanks for the update it is appreciated. Was Batchelor injured or not selected?

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

If the fixtures don't clash , looks like I'll be watching Leigh quite a lot this season , always been my second team , and yes went a couple of times last year.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    If the fixtures don't clash , looks like I'll be watching Leigh quite a lot this season , always been my second team , and yes went a couple of times last year.
    Same here. Daughter married a Leyther and went over to the dark side..

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Same here. Daughter married a Leyther and went over to the dark side..

What, she went to W***n?!

What, she went to W***n?!
    Haha. Believe you me, Leathers think Wigan is the dark side. Even more than us.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Toulouse gave Luke Douglas a bit of a 'battering' but he was still one of the 'stand out players' for us on Sunday !

Banned

Hopefully he's only there to build his fitness levels up, because I think he offers way more than Amor.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Hopefully he's only there to build his fitness levels up, because I think he offers way more than Amor.
    I think Luke does also....

Victory over Toulouse included a first appearance in Leigh colours for veteran Australian forward, Luke Douglas, playing the first game of his month’s loan spell from St Helens.

“There are seven good front rowers over at Saints and we are all vying for four spots,” Douglas told the Journal.

“Justin (Holbrook) has got to make the hard call each week who he thinks can best do the job.

“If I have to come here and play a few games, I am happy to do it.

“Besides, you need that match fitness especially if you are a middle.

“And what a great place to come and get that match fitness.

“It’s enjoyable coming here and helping get Leigh back where they belong.

“It’s been tough trying to know all the calls in limited amount of training sessions but I’m getting the feel for that.

“It’s a learning curve for all parties, we are new to the dual registration

“However, I am really enjoying it out there and the fans were great.”

We might have no established full back for the Toronto game. Greg McNally has injured his ankle, and Jonny Pownall who replaced him in the Fev game is suspended for 1 match.
    Can any of your players that we have used play full back ?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    We might have no established full back for the Toronto game. Greg McNally has injured his ankle, and Jonny Pownall who replaced him in the Fev game is suspended for 1 match.
    Matty Costello is a fullback/centre. Not sure how much fullback he has played recently but I think it is his preferred position??

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Matty Costello has played quite a few games at FB. Steady enough.

Thanks Guys.....problem sorted then !

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    I think there's a lad called Ben Barba, can't put my finger on what he's upto these days.
    On the turnstyles?

In The South Stand

Well he was a turnstile for his last few games for Saints.

Aaron Smith not in our squad of 19 v Toronto....surely he must be injured ! Even if Danny Richardson plays, we have only 6 backs in our squad.

Got A Season Ticket Duke Eddington's Avatar

4 Saints in starting line up for Leigh, now on Sky Sports v Toronto.

Got A Season Ticket

Anyone arguing for Richardson to replace Theo might want to be watching the Leigh game, he’s made one good break however is passing execution has been very poor and his last tackle options haven’t been great. His defence seems to be pretty decent though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eddington View Post
    4 Saints in starting line up for Leigh, now on Sky Sports v Toronto.
    Impressed by Sky’s half time entertainment!

Got A Season Ticket

Douglas is playing well and must be pushing Amor for his spot in the 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro