Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints announce Duel Reg deal with Leigh

Default Saints announce Duel Reg deal with Leigh

Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

I was told about 2 weeks ago by someone involved at the piescum that none of the 'big 4' in the Championship were considering dual-reg links with SL clubs, as wi*an were looking for one at a higher level than Swinton.

So either there's been a change of heart, or [more likely] the negotiations between Saints and Leigh were progressing well by then.

My only quibble is whether Cunningham has any input into training or team tactics, as we don't want him draining all verve and flair out of them whilst they're there!

Otherwise, it's potentially a decent deal. I know they're in a huge rebuilding process after Beaumont packing in his support, so they'll be keen to make use of some promising youngsters. Whilst our lads will be playing at a team expected to perform well and with a decent and passionate support, so there'll be pressure on them to perform and improve.

In The South Stand

Playing for Sheffield seemed to do a lot for James Bentley and Jack Ashworth, so it’s a shame that we’re not linked with them any longer, however, Leigh is easier for the club to keep an eye on the dual-reg players, so I can see the benefits of this.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I was told about 2 weeks ago by someone involved at the piescum that none of the 'big 4' in the Championship were considering dual-reg links with SL clubs, as wi*an were looking for one at a higher level than Swinton.

So either there's been a change of heart, or [more likely] the negotiations between Saints and Leigh were progressing well by then.

My only quibble is whether Cunningham has any input into training or team tactics, as we don't want him draining all verve and flair out of them whilst they're there!
    Cunningham isn’t their anymore.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Without a Reserves comp, a local championship team is about the best we could hope for.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Cunningham isn’t their anymore.
    Is he not? Ooops, must have missed that. Has he turned up anywhere else yet?

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Playing for Sheffield seemed to do a lot for James Bentley and Jack Ashworth, so it’s a shame that we’re not linked with them any longer, however, Leigh is easier for the club to keep an eye on the dual-reg players, so I can see the benefits of this.
    Sheffield is quite an amateur set up, the guys need exposure higher up the league and in a better environment

I guess as said the players will compete at a higher level. Also the travel (Sheffield) is nothing now. We have a large squad who will need game time.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

This duel reg stuff always baffles me.

Why don't Super League sides just have 'b' teams in the division below? This would give them consistent games each week as a team.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    To me a sensible deal and probably the best duel reg we could get.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

I think this is great for us.
    Leigh have only been able register 21 players this years so they’ll need plenty of help.

The likes of Bentley, Batchelor, Amor, Smith, Costello etc etc are going to need to keep match fit if they are out of the team.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by StillInTesco View Post

Why don't Super League sides just have 'b' teams in the division below? This would give them consistent games each week as a team.
    Agreed

Banned

Yeah, I’ve always thought that. Like the Spanish football clubs have their B teams in the divisions below.

Surely it would be beneficial for everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal for both clubs, short trip down the Lancs as well for the players. Lythers dislike the Goons as much as we do! Happy days!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

What times the fight, is it pistols or swords? Is it on Donkey Common?

It's a good thing for the game locally, but the game needs to sort out a reserves league for 2020.

A lot of ex Wigan lads in the Leigh team, I'll be interested to see how Jack Higginson goes, IF he can stay injury free I would expect him to be one of the best centres in that division IMO.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Yeah, I’ve always thought that. Like the Spanish football clubs have their B teams in the divisions below.

Surely it would be beneficial for everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know its the other code but do WASPs have a B team..................................I've already got me coat

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    What times the fight, is it pistols or swords? Is it on Donkey Common?

It's a good thing for the game locally, but the game needs to sort out a reserves league for 2020.

A lot of ex Wigan lads in the Leigh team, I'll be interested to see how Jack Higginson goes, IF he can stay injury free I would expect him to be one of the best centres in that division IMO.

Thurs 31st Jan @ 19:45 hours @ our midden, no quarter will be given

In The South Stand

Agree.

I’d look at putting the Super League ‘A’ teams into League One and splitting the league into two, American football style, with an Eastern Conference (stretching from London to Newcastle) and a Western Conference (stretching West Wales to Cumbria) with some form of play-off final between the two Conference winners for promotion.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Otherwise, it's potentially a decent deal. I know they're in a huge rebuilding process after Beaumont packing in his support, so they'll be keen to make use of some promising youngsters. Whilst our lads will be playing at a team expected to perform well and with a decent and passionate support, so there'll be pressure on them to perform and improve.
    This deal was spoken about and really sorted before Christmas. One of the young lads is already training with Leigh getting to know the players etc ready for hopefully some game time. Others will follow later.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    So have reserve teams then? The whole thing annoys me to be honest. There should be no choice for SL teams, you run a proper reserve team and academy teams or rag off. I'm sick of all this kid glove nonsense and teams crying poverty. Sink or swim.

The structure needs to be:

First team
    Reserve team
    U21's
    U17'
    Totally agree that this is the ideal structure but as it isn't in place then the dual reg with Leigh is the next best thing. Duffy and Ando will make sure that the players earn selection and Saints will benefit from the game time they get. Win, win situation.

Default Wasps b team

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I know its the other code but do WASPs have a B team..................................I've already got me coat
    Their fans have been stung enough this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by antwnsaint View Post
    Their fans have been stung enough this year!
    And this

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    So have reserve teams then? The whole thing annoys me to be honest. There should be no choice for SL teams, you run a proper reserve team and academy teams or rag off. I'm sick of all this kid glove nonsense and teams crying poverty. Sink or swim.

The structure needs to be:

First team
    Reserve team
    U21's
    U17'

Absolutely.

It should be the same for every SL club

Mind you, remember the licensing & stadiums one?

Talk on Love RL of Douglas joining Leigh for a month