Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
The last few games last season he started to break through tackles and get his arms free similar to Ashworth, I would always bring him and Ashworth on after 20 mins that usually always steps up the tempo. For me start with Walmsley-Thompson or Douglas to lay a platform and get on the front foot.

For Matty Lees another 5kg with the same leg speed he should go OK because he's definitely not a "Plodder Prop", it does make you wonder if Cunningham would have turned him into a plodder one similar to what he did to Richards.
I think those days are best forgotten, nothing we can do about them now. 2014 I thought Richards had the edge over Thompson, but we all know how that went. Whether that was the fault of coaching or my underestimating how well Thompson has developed we will never know.

Do you think Thompson would have made the same strides if Al hadn't been injured? Personally, I don't think he would have come on so fast and turned into the lifesaver he was. I hope both Lee's and Ashworth look at Thompson, and think I can do that.