Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMS Signs New Contract

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Well deserved from what I see of him in games, he has also settled into Northern life and absorbed the culture.

Some players are only given credit begrudgingly and vilified for the slightest mistake, I remember Joynty being accused of not making enough ground with ball in hand during Derek McVey`s good year with us, under Hanley, Keiron was going to be sold for the more talented Richard Pachnueik and the discontent with Scully`s world record signing in the first two years.

All good points. Martyn also came in for stick, and the great man Steve Prescot also had his knockers with plenty not bothered he was being sold to Hull.

As for LMS, I'm pleased. One of those players who the crowd look to to give the team a lift and bit of momentum. Yes, he's had periods where he's struggled for form, but a great character and I hope he gets more silverware, as there's a fair few Saints players who've not had the success they deserve (not least Roby).

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    18 months ago I would have been shaking my head but he has been outstanding from the moment Holbrook arrived. Well deserved.
    this

In The South Stand

I love the bones of the man. Great news that his infectious enthusiasm is staying. We'd be lost without LMS. Been our best player for years. Only Thompson and Roby in the current squad are at his level.

Got A Season Ticket

Default LMS Signs New Contract

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Notorious for putting in a stint just before getting a new deal then fading.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    Amazing that, as he also had a good run of games before he signed his last contract.
    Utter, utter nonsense!!!

When Holbrook came in in May 2017 Louie was contracted until the end of 2018.

By the end of the 2017 the coach had realised that he only had LMS for one further season. Contract talks began and a one year contract extension was announced in March 2018 to keep him at the club until the end of 2019
    (35 minutes in) https://talksport.com/sport/rugby-le...-180314275565/

So now, on the back of a superb season last year (and with 12 months left on his current deal), he's signed a new contract to keep him here for an extra year and take him in to a testimonial season.

Under Holbrook Louie has never even got into the last year of a deal without contract talks having been opened, and yet has been one of our stand out palyers during that time.

Tell me again why you think he only plays well when he needs a new contract?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I love the bones of the man. Great news that his infectious enthusiasm is staying. We'd be lost without LMS. Been our best player for years. Only Thompson and Roby in the current squad are at his level.
    Ha ha, he's bang average

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I see the doctor's upped your Prozac dose recently.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    All good points. Martyn also came in for stick, and the great man Steve Prescot also had his knockers with plenty not bothered he was being sold to Hull.

As for LMS, I'm pleased. One of those players who the crowd look to to give the team a lift and bit of momentum. Yes, he's had periods where he's struggled for form, but a great character and I hope he gets more silverware, as there's a fair few Saints players who've not had the success they deserve (not least Roby).
    Set up nicely for Ralph set his freezer to defrost and mention Lance.