Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Sharratt. Academy Player

Got A Season Ticket

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I go out in Huddersfield, Leeds, Chester and other places plus Manchester regularly with my missus and it’s fair to say that most of the doormen I know (and I know a few) are mainly $hithouses who like to fight when the odds are massively stacked in their favor (sober whilst smacking pssed up revellers and a huge backup team on the end of a radio) Most seem involved in drugs in some way shape or form, be it using steroids or selling ‘em or flogging stuff they “tax” from clubgoers.

The only exceptions to the rule seem to be the ex-rugby lads who do door work....... they seem a lot more disciplined.
    Can't agree with the bottom line, a few years ago I recall two ex players getting hefty fines for kicking the tar out of a young lad.

Just thank God that the two lads were fit enough to sustain their attack and not be damaged for the rest of their lives! Unlike some mothers whose lad who isn't as healthy as Joe and his mate.

Could have finished far more serious.

Best wishes Joe and your true Mate hope you both make a full and speedy recovery.

Learning All The Songs

I dread to think what the coward who was doing the repetitive kidney punches at the end of the video is capable of doing in the confines of the club were they know they are not being recorded.

Surely these guys aren't stupid enough to think that some guy will not be recording it on a phone?

Learning All The Songs

Whatever happened in the club, and whatever happened to start it, 8 bouncers piling in is not a proportionate response to anything. Hope the mongrels get their comeuppance.

Got A Season Ticket

Let’s not refer to this incident as one of assault - it goes way beyond the legal definition of assault. It is assault and battery at the very least and probably ABH/GBH if a person is hospitalised with a brain bleed. No need for the excessive thuggery at all.

Noooobie

The lead up to the incident is now on you tube and it shows a bit of and exchange and then a nuclear response by the bouncers - no surprise at all. Should satisfy those waiting for the full story. Club has reported only 4 of 34 incidents (many involving doormen) over the last 12 months and Joe was unconscious for "10 minutes" before anyone bothered to help him. Its had its licence suspended following a council meeting this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by St Dave of Sutton Village View Post
    The lead up to the incident is now on you tube and it shows a bit of and exchange and then a nuclear response by the bouncers - no surprise at all. Should satisfy those waiting for the full story. Club has reported only 4 of 34 incidents (many involving doormen) over the last 12 months and Joe was unconscious for "10 minutes" before anyone bothered to help him. Its had its licence suspended following a council meeting this morning.

Joe was unconscious for "10 minutes" before anyone bothered to help him.

This is what I cannot get my head around. On two counts.
    1. A lack of response from the staff to alert the emergency services
    2. That no passers by tried to help him.

I despair at the way society is going, I really do

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    From the video I've seen showing the start of the incident as well. It looks like the 2 lads start the trouble, they had chance to walk away and they come back for another go. They start to shove the "door staff", it looks like Joe from the video is the one looking to start trouble, his mate (who I think features in the second video being assaulted) isn't as aggressive. It's the door staffs job to diffuse that situation and control it there's absolutely no excuse for that level of violence just from a young lad shoving one of the bouncers. I'm glad they have been sacked but they should be arrested IMO. The thing about these socail media videos, you don't see the full story you only see a section of it.
    The point you are all missing is the job of a doorman finishes at the door after that its in the realm of the police .No doorman , bouncer , or whatever title they use is justified in doing this.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    The point you are all missing is the job of a doorman finishes at the door after that its in the realm of the police .No doorman , bouncer , or whatever title they use is justified in doing this.
    Thanks for clearing that up for us coach

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up for us coach
    Happy to help

Learning All The Songs

Whilst there is no excuse for what the doormen did and I’m pleased they’ve been rightly sacked I have little sympathy for Joe. He got himself into the situation by trying to hit one of the doormen first. He obviously didn’t deserve what happened for that but ultimately it’s his own fault. I think the reaction to it has been very dramatic and I think it will have taught him a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Whilst there is no excuse for what the doormen did and I’m pleased they’ve been rightly sacked I have little sympathy for Joe. He got himself into the situation by trying to hit one of the doormen first. He obviously didn’t deserve what happened for that but ultimately it’s his own fault. I think the reaction to it has been very dramatic and I think it will have taught him a lesson.
    I completely disagree.

There was enough of them to march him away from the club & tell him & his mate to go away.

That's all they had to do.

He was poleaxed & then his mate was used as a punching bag by a group of them. Getting dig after dig in the kidneys when he's been put on the deck is way, way over the top.

To add to it, the mob outside treating it as some sort of spectator sport.

A sorry, disturbing episode, that is a sad reflection on today's society.

It was disgraceful

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I completely disagree.

There was enough of them to march him away from the club & tell him & his mate to go away.

He was poleaxed & then his mate was used as a punching bag by a group of them. Getting dig after dig in the kidneys when he's been put on the deck is way, way over the top.

It was disgraceful
    With you all the way.

I completely disagree.

It was disgraceful
    Absolutely. He’s even out of the perimeter at one point and they drag him back in to carry on giving him a kicking. It’s outrageous behaviour and I’m amazed that anyone can think otherwise.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Absolutely. He’s even out of the perimeter at one point and they drag him back in to carry on giving him a kicking. It’s outrageous behaviour and I’m amazed that anyone can think otherwise.
    I don’t think otherwise and I don’t think you’ve understood what I said. I agree that it was outrageous behaviour but I have little sympathy for him given that he tried to start a fight. The whole poor Joe response I find irritating given he started the whole thing off.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I don’t think otherwise and I don’t think you’ve understood what I said. I agree that it was outrageous behaviour but I have little sympathy for him given that he tried to start a fight. The whole poor Joe response I find irritating given he started the whole thing off.
    If Joe threw the first punch and the bouncer retaliated in defence by knocking him out then calling an ambulance because of his unconscious state then fair enough. But they just left him for 10 mins whilst going out of there way to give his mate a mob battering way beyond there brief.
    But using the words "I have little sympathy" and "irritating" is not the right words in this instance because we were looking at a potential fatality here, saying "Joe is an idiot for starting a fight" is more apt.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 7th December 2018 at 15:57.

In The South Stand

With one punch can kill being heavily promoted this time of year,seeing a gang mentality in action with multiple people attacking one person I would hope there are charges being brought against the bouncers.

Banned

People have an expectation that those undertaking their job (especially in a public arena) will refrain from blatantly breaking the law to exact a bit of summary justice on someone gobbing off, fronting up, or even throwing out a slap.

I don't think that is an unrealistic expectation.

However, given some of the people attracted to the doorman profession, the expectation is a bit naïve. Some are thugs, just itching for someone to start trouble so they can have a dig.

Learning All The Songs

Joe was unconscious for "10 minutes" before anyone bothered to help him.

This is what I cannot get my head around. On two counts.
    1. A lack of response from the staff to alert the emergency services
    2. That no passers by tried to help him.

I despair at the way society is going, I really do
    I agree Ralph, people commenting/goading while filming, yet no one helping. The filming of incidents is new as camera phones are prevalent nowadays.
    I do feel society has always been the same though, I remember the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster with many people selflessly helping others, whilst thugs on the decks were robbing the survivors at knife point as they made their escape. The contrast of sides of humanity.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 8th December 2018 at 06:42.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If Joe threw the first punch and the bouncer retaliated in defence by knocking him out then calling an ambulance because of his unconscious state then fair enough. But they just left him for 10 mins whilst going out of there way to give his mate a mob battering way beyond there brief.
    But using the words "I have little sympathy" and "irritating" is not the right words in this instance because we were looking at a potential fatality here, saying "Joe is an idiot for starting a fight" is more apt.
    I understand SaintH517, but this is correct in my view, from the incident of the event regardless of the previous hassle.
    Well put STIDDY.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I agree Ralph, people commenting/goading while filming, yet no one helping. The filming of incidents is new as camera phones are prevalent nowadays.
    I do feel society has always been the same though, I remember the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster with many people selflessly helping others, whilst thugs on the decks were robbing the survivors at knife point as they made their escape. The contrast of sides of humanity.
    Anything is fair game for ‘entertainment’ now for a lot of idiots, no moral decency, just the next opportunity to get a few emoji laughs or likes from their similar minded idiot friends, whose brains can’t handle anything more than a 2 minute video clip by way of ‘entertainment’. I actually found it sickening hearing people cheer on that clip when the lad hit the deck unconscious. Is this really what these people class as having a good night?
    Last edited by Sean Day; 8th December 2018 at 07:52.

Noooobie

Your humanity for others is overwhelming. A human response wasn’t shown to Joe either. Let’s hope that Joe, his parents and family don’t see this post which would only add to their distress.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
    Your humanity for others is overwhelming. A human response wasn’t shown to Joe either. Let’s hope that Joe, his parents and family don’t see this post which would only add to their distress.

Well said Deb.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
    Have you really joined the forum just to post this? I’m not sure what you’re offended about, I’ve said plenty of times he didn’t deserve to be left with an injury like that and I’ve said that the bouncers were disgraceful. However I’m not sure how you can disagree that it’s his own fault. You try and start a fight with a bouncer then you’re risking getting a bit of a beating.