Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Sharratt. Academy Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    The video still may not portray a full story and until we know more, I find it daft jumping to pick sides. Who was that Wigan player that got blinded in one eye on a night out? Everyone jumped on his side and the footage was damning, however, there was a backstory that couldn’t be shown through a grainy CCTV image and he (was it that Prescott fella?) was the instigator and got a hiding from a bigger lad.

I’m not saying the above has happened here but I will wait for more information before having a pop at someone and till then, I hope Joe recovers fully.
    I take your point and I'm not one for online lynch-mobs, but it's pretty difficult to imagine a scenario which justifies 8 bouncers laying into one 18-year-old kid who isn't even raising his fists.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Especially when the lad doesn't so much as raise a fist throughout the entire video.
    That was the first thing I said to my wife, no fighting back from the lad.. I don't know what started it bu the bouncers response was totally uncalled for. I really hope they get properly dealt with by the courts.

Upside
    Non Members

Video clips are essentially a small part of a bigger story and I’m certainly not blaming Joe, his mate(s) or the bouncers at this stage, as we do not have the full story.

What people should focus on at this stage is wishing Joe the best.
    I do blame bouncers for punching young lads blind sided and continuing to attack them when offering no threat
    They are supposed to stop these incidents not contribute to them

A bit of an update on Joe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-46424640

Says he had a bleed on the brain but is now sitting up and talking. Good news
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    A bit of an update on Joe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-46424640

Says he had a bleed on the brain but is now sitting up and talking. Good news
    Thanks for posting, that's actually of some comfort to know

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Here he is again. I happen to know a few lads that have worked on the doors, most of them are perfectly normal, family men that just happened to be big lads who could look themselves and chose to do quite a dangerous job for not a great deal of money. Ironically, the only one I can think of that was a bit of a nutter was still single and living with his mam last I heard. The point is it's easy to tar them all with the same brush but that's far from the truth.
    I go out in Huddersfield, Leeds, Chester and other places plus Manchester regularly with my missus and it’s fair to say that most of the doormen I know (and I know a few) are mainly $hithouses who like to fight when the odds are massively stacked in their favor (sober whilst smacking pssed up revellers and a huge backup team on the end of a radio) Most seem involved in drugs in some way shape or form, be it using steroids or selling ‘em or flogging stuff they “tax” from clubgoers.

The only exceptions to the rule seem to be the ex-rugby lads who do door work....... they seem a lot more disciplined.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

While I fully accept that we don't know if there is a back story but it's clear to anybody that the doormen were under no physical threat. It should also be remembered that doormen are licensed and undergo training to get the licence i.e. they are professionals . So under what circumstances can it be deemed acceptable to throw so many punches at a couple of kids when they could easily just have grabbed them and took them down with no harm done. I don't think we need to know any more background as the video is enough. Absolutely unjustified use of excessive force end of.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    While I fully accept that we don't know if there is a back story but it's clear to anybody that the doormen were under no physical threat. It should also be remembered that doormen are licensed and undergo training to get the licence i.e. they are professionals . So under what circumstances can it be deemed acceptable to throw so many punches at a couple of kids when they could easily just have grabbed them and took them down with no harm done. I don't think we need to know any more background as the video is enough. Absolutely unjustified use of excessive force end of.

Completely agree

Learning All The Songs

Video clips are essentially a small part of a bigger story and I’m certainly not blaming Joe, his mate(s) or the bouncers at this stage, as we do not have the full story.

What people should focus on at this stage is wishing Joe the best.
    You are Brian Carney - I claim my five pounds.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

The video still may not portray a full story and until we know more, I find it daft jumping to pick sides. Who was that Wigan player that got blinded in one eye on a night out? Everyone jumped on his side and the footage was damning, however, there was a backstory that couldn’t be shown through a grainy CCTV image and he (was it that Prescott fella?) was the instigator and got a hiding from a bigger lad.

I’m not saying the above has happened here but I will wait for more information before having a pop at someone and till then, I hope Joe recovers fully.
    It wasn't Paul Prescott, he had to retire on doctors advice due to a severe back problem. The only other player I can think of who was it trouble recently was Danny Tickle who had "problems" in a pub in Ashton-in-Makerfield.

I've just seen the video and there can surely can be no reason for that level of violence, it's more like assault. Why couldn't they have just marched the two lads up the street and told to go away from the club and head home?

I just hope the two lads get back home and in a healthy state so that they can carry on with their normal lives.

Learning All The Songs

Sean Gleeson.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

It’s genuinely disturbing footage and what disgusts me more are the calls from the crowd to hit the lad again. Some proper to$$ers in this world

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

From the video I've seen showing the start of the incident as well. It looks like the 2 lads start the trouble, they had chance to walk away and they come back for another go. They start to shove the "door staff", it looks like Joe from the video is the one looking to start trouble, his mate (who I think features in the second video being assaulted) isn't as aggressive. It's the door staffs job to diffuse that situation and control it there's absolutely no excuse for that level of violence just from a young lad shoving one of the bouncers. I'm glad they have been sacked but they should be arrested IMO. The thing about these socail media videos, you don't see the full story you only see a section of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    It’s genuinely disturbing footage and what disgusts me more are the calls from the crowd to hit the lad again. Some proper to$$ers in this world
    Yep, the number seems to be getting higher and higher too

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Thing is, you don't know what's gone on before that, something could've happened 2 hours prior. All if's and but's but whatever it was, I'm fairly certain it didn't warrant 2 lads being hospitalised.
    I totally agree, I hope my post doesn't come across as I'm blaming the lads for what's happened. I wish them both a speedy recovery.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Regardless of who started it, that is an appalling response by the door men. Taking turns to punch the lad like that, it could have ended very badly. I wish the lads a full recovery.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Hope both lads recover. Whatever went on beforehand the bouncers clearly used excessive force.

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

Like most sensible people have commented, there's no excuse for the sustained, cowardly attack on these two lads regardless of what's happened earlier in the night. I'd love to see these individuals on a rugby field on their own without their fat coked up mates. They should be charged with assault and made to undertake restorative justice with the Saints pack in the woods at Carr Mill Dam once out of nick. The utter sh×÷ house who is kidney punching the lad on the floor from behind is a total coward. Could have killed him. I hope he gets some karma very soon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Yes, let’s NOT await the full story and wait for a proper investigation and let’s have a go at somebody! That’ll work.
    Whilst I agree that we do not know the full facts, SIA badge holding doormen are aware of the recognised techniques in restraining violent men. To the best of my knowledge, continually smashing someone in the face whilst he's being held by your mates does not fall within those parameters.

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Whilst I agree that we do not know the full facts, SIA badge holding doormen are aware of the recognised techniques in restraining violent men. To the best of my knowledge, continually smashing someone in the face whilst he's being held by your mates does not fall within those parameters.
    A mob being bayed by another mob with phones. A sad indictment on society today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Noooobie

One of the many reasons I prefer to go out drinking on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon rather than a late evening. Way too many clowns about typified by the sted-head / fat knacker 'hard as nails' doormen in this clip or the tools who stand there shouting encouragement because theyve had one too many Cherry B's. The bouncer at the end of the clip punching the lad in the kidneys whilst his 4 mates hold him down is a particularly tough cookie. I couldnt care less how much (if at all) these two lads 'wound up' or ••••••ed off the bouncers, the fact that they effectively chased the second lad to reign punches on him whilst he tried to get away and move behind a barrier tells you everything. These bouncers are not tanked up punters, they are (haha) professionally trained and licenced individuals there to keep the peace. They should be arrested and charged.... or sign for Wigan.

Quote Originally Posted by St Dave of Sutton Village View Post
    One of the many reasons I prefer to go out drinking on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon rather than a late evening. Way too many clowns about typified by the sted-head / fat knacker 'hard as nails' doormen in this clip or the tools who stand there shouting encouragement because theyve had one too many Cherry B's. The bouncer at the end of the clip punching the lad in the kidneys whilst his 4 mates hold him down is a particularly tough cookie. I couldnt care less how much (if at all) these two lads 'wound up' or ••••••ed off the bouncers, the fact that they effectively chased the second lad to reign punches on him whilst he tried to get away and move behind a barrier tells you everything. These bouncers are not tanked up punters, they are (haha) professionally trained and licenced individuals there to keep the peace. They should be arrested and charged.... or sign for Wigan.
    Thankfully I find such places Hell on Earth so have rarely found myself in such scrapes. Give me a proper pub any day.

Learning All The Songs

Just hope both lads make a full recovery and justice is served on the attackers

Starting A Programme Collection

The club are in deep bother as well. Not calling emergency services when Joe was lay on the floor for so long. Be surprised if they don’t get their licence revoked.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The club are in deep bother as well. Not calling emergency services when Joe was lay on the floor for so long. Be surprised if they don’t get their licence revoked.
    Thats really bad club procedures, its also makes you wonder if Joe wasn't a tough rugby player would we be looking at a fatality. Wish all those bouncers get community service wouldn't it be great if it was with a rugby league club and see if they can take seven bells knocked out of them.