Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sammut is a Pie

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Selfie? Try with filter you wont look as old.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 3rd December 2018 at 22:56.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    For a Paddy, your craic is terrible.
    That was years ago Back, sack and crack every second week nowadays. Not tried the bleaching yet heard it can give ya Johnny Giles.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Anyway back to the original post, wonder how long before the cry from the pie munchers is "do summat Sammut"
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Same here, I've trained with quite a few of some of the Wigan Legend players on the Robins Park Athletic Park, Clarke, Betts Edwards, Robinson and Offiah the latter I struggled with all the time he is love with his own ego. Went to a rugby dinner with Jonathon Davies and Martin Offiah, Davies was absolutely brilliant with the banter quite a funny down to earth bloke, Offiah was the opposite he was a miserable sod if he had to talk about something other than himself, he is a southerner though I suppose.
    Love it how Offiah speaks like a cockney OR like a northerner when it suits , cant stand the man , was at the New Zealand game at Wigan in the 80s , was sat with the Wigan lads who nicknamed him "me me" , loved himself.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Love it how Offiah speaks like a cockney OR like a northerner when it suits , cant stand the man , was at the New Zealand game at Wigan in the 80s , was sat with the Wigan lads who nicknamed him "me me" , loved himself.
    As much as I loathed him as a young Saints fan, he was undeniably a star. The game could do with more like him.

Learning All The Songs

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    As much as I loathed him as a young Saints fan, he was undeniably a star. The game could do with more like him.
    Genuine Superstar, but played in a great Widnes side, Doug Laughton`s teams played rugby how we all like to see it played.
    Sorenson, Koloto, Faimalo, Grima all South Sea Island boys and backs like Currier, Wright, Offiah, Devereux and Tait with halves/pivots the Hulme brothers, Davies and the best passer of a ball I have ever seen Tony Myler.
    We were not in their shadow either at that time, that great cc semi win and I can remember being at Naughton Park one New Year`s day when the crowd was almost silent and Mark Elia scorched in for a try just before HT that barely got a clap. Murphy had Platty propping that day and he had a blinder against that monster pack, we won easily.
    Rose tinted glasses and all that nostalgia but I cannot help feeling the game was a better spectacle then.

Enough melancholoy I`m off for a pint.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 15th December 2018 at 20:14.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Genuine Superstar, but played in a great Widnes side, Doug Laughton`s teams played rugby how we all like to see it played.
    Sorenson, Koloto, Faimalo, Grima all South Sea Island boys and backs like Currier, Wright, Offiah, Devereux and Tait with halves/pivots the Hulme brothers, Davies and the best passer of a ball I have ever seen Tony Myler.
    We were not in their shadow either at that time, that great cc semi win and I can remember being at Naughton Park one New Year`s day when the crowd was almost silent and Mark Elia scorched in for a try just before HT that barely got a clap. Murphy had Platty propping that day and he had a blinder against that monster pack, we won easily.
    Rose tinted glasses and all that nostalgia but I cannot help feeling the game was a better spectacle then.

Enough melancholoy I`m off for a pint.
    It was absolutely a better spectacle then nothing to do with rose tinted glasses