Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squad Numbers 2019

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Yeah sorry I wasn’t challenging your post mate, just posting the actual quote for anyone who hadn’t seen it.
    No worries I didn't take it that way at all

Got A Season Ticket

Room for Shaun Johnson? Looks like his time at NZ Warriors is going to be over soon rather than later. ( in all seriousness I think he will go over to OZ)

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny NZ View Post
    Room for Shaun Johnson? Looks like his time at NZ Warriors is going to be over soon rather than later. ( in all seriousness I think he will go over to OZ)
    He'll end up at a Sydney club. We haven't got a hope in hell of signing him

The Mole is suggesting that Gareth Widdop wants a stint in the UK.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The Mole is suggesting that Gareth Widdop wants a stint in the UK.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wid...27-p50iqx.html

Always been a bit underwhelmed by Widdop for England but he’d be a good addition at SL level

If it’s true that he has an immediate move to SL lined up then you’d have to imagine it’ll be Wigan or Leeds.

In The South Stand

Citing homesickness ? He has lives in Aus for over a decade weird how they cite homesickness now.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Citing homesickness ? He has lives in Aus for over a decade weird how they cite homesickness now.
    Home$ickne$$?

In The South Stand

Home$ickne$$?
    The link to the Widdop article. "Fairfax Media can reveal he has approached the Dragons hierarchy about immediately cutting ties, citing homesickness and a desire to return to England."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Coote has essentially played as a 6 for the Cowboys in attack all his career, he’s always played as a ball player down the left side of the field. Thurston in the middle and recently, Morgan on the right. I’d be fine with Lomax 1, Coote 6 or Coote 1, Lomax 6. I’d prefer the latter though.

I can imagine the two being a bit interchangeable within games, and us setting up at times with them at either side of the ruck a little back in play ready to chime into the line. Or have them play as a pivot on each side.

I have a feeling we'll see some unorthodox formations from Holbrook this season when we have the ball.

At least I hope so, given how predictable we became last season.

If it’s true that he has an immediate move to SL lined up then you’d have to imagine it’ll be Wigan or Leeds.
    I'm with you on this

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

You'd assume it would be one of the top of the league clubs, but I wonder if London could be a tempting? A stint living in the capital and all it has to offer. I'm not sure what their finances look like, but Sammut leaving would leave them with a play-maker space in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    You'd assume it would be one of the top of the league clubs, but I wonder if London could be a tempting? A stint living in the capital and all it has to offer. I'm not sure what their finances look like, but Sammut leaving would leave them with a play-maker space in the squad.
    I can’t see that happening, myself. It would probably have to be he biggest contract in SL history and I can’t see the Broncos having the means to pull that off.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

I can’t see that happening, myself. It would probably have to be he biggest contract in SL history and I can’t see the Broncos having the means to pull that off.
    I can't see it happening either, but at the same time i wouldn't rule it out completely. They are the one team that probably has the most wriggle room with their cap, as none of their other players are tied into big contracts or already have the marquee places taken.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    In (I think) League Express this week Holbrook is quoted as saying he's not sure whether to play Lomax or Coote at Full Back this season. I find that really strange despite the versatility of both.

As stated on the other thread the one thing that will be Holbrook's undoing is his apparent lack of firm decision making about what his best team is and how to adapt things when we are not going so well. Even though I am not a massive fan of JL at 6 to suggest we will start with Coote there is rather puzzling.
    Im not sure Holbrook knows with any certainty his arse from his elbow.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Last edited by Houghwood Saint; 28th November 2018 at 21:48.

Originally Posted by Weetabix
    In (I think) League Express this week Holbrook is quoted as saying he's not sure whether to play Lomax or Coote at Full Back this season. I find that really strange despite the versatility of both.

As stated on the other thread the one thing that will be Holbrook's undoing is his apparent lack of firm decision making about what his best team is and how to adapt things when we are not going so well. Even though I am not a massive fan of JL at 6 to suggest we will start with Coote there is rather puzzling.

Holbrooks not going to give other clubs clues as to his line up before the season starts is he

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    Originally Posted by Weetabix

Holbrooks not going to give other clubs clues as to his line up before the season starts is he

I would imagine "horses for courses" Coote primary a better defender secondary an attacker, Lomax primary a better attacker secondary a defender. Should imagine Holbrook has a few options there up his sleeve or maybe under his pants upper leg. As already mentioned in other threads we seem to have a squad with quality depth, we've got 3 players to cover the full back position and likewise on the wings.