Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: migic fixtures

In The South Stand

Radio Merseyside just said it is at Anfield and Saints v Castleford is last game on Sunday.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Radio Merseyside just said it is at Anfield and Saints v Castleford is last game on Sunday.
    yes, 6pm ko.

Got A Season Ticket

Which genius picked the same weekend as the already announced Liverpool Rock n Roll marathon/half marathon!!!

Half the city’s roads are closed and hotels are already booked!!

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Widnes Saint View Post
    Which genius picked the same weekend as the already announced Liverpool Rock n Roll marathon/half marathon!!!

Half the city’s roads are closed and hotels are already booked!!
    ...And the route runs round the stadium! https://www.runrocknroll.com/en/even...races/marathon

Got A Season Ticket

This is just one more example of the RFL showing they couldn’t organise a p**s up in a brewery!!!

How are fans supposed to move around the city with the roads closed and the marathon route passing the actual stadium!!!

I’ve been to Liverpool during the rock n roll weekend and it’s bedlam, there’s thousands running and thousands watching on the streets!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Road closures around the stadium are lifted by 12 if it's the same as last year

Got A Season Ticket

I’ve just looked and it says from midnight until 4pm.....roads will be reopened once the last runner has passed that area and it’s safe to do so.....after seeing some of the runners I wouldn’t expect roads to be back open at 12, especially with the marathon only starting at 10am

But that’s not the issue, the issue is the moving around the city to get to the stadium for the first game, you’ve got to admit it’s a bit of a shambles!!!

Got A Season Ticket

I'm running the half marathon so it's going to be a good day out!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

They have cut offs if the runners are too slow, the closures around the ground/Everton valley were done by 12 this year, they have to be at Anfield (6 miles) within 90 minutes..

It's not ideal, but I don't think it's disastrous it's the same weekend as the marathons. Certainly wouldn't put me off going

I do not think it will generate the same homely, friendly atmosphere as Newcastle. On the plus side, no need for hotels.

From a purely selfish point of view, perfect. 20 mins on the train, 15 min walk to the ground. Easier than a home game and I can have a drink. I think if they can manage the shuttling of fans between the city and the ground it could work for those wanting to have a pint or something to eat away from the ground. I’m sure they could arrange some buses to go to and fro

In The South Stand

Think that's what we will be doing Train in couple of pint in the city bus to the ground walk back to Lime Street. its of no benefit to Liverpool unless people can spend money in the city pubs and eateries, hope they put a shuttle service on.

Got A Season Ticket

There were rugby buses outside Stanley Park going back to the City Centre after the recent test match

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Hopefully it will kill off the whole stupid idea. It's absolutely pointless.
    Nearly 39,000 attended on the Saturday of last season’s Magic Weekend so clearly many people thought it was not pointless. At the same time, I suspect that many of those fans are not 100% behind the concept of imbalanced fixtures and went because it was treated as an “event” involving more than just watching a few games. If Liverpool is not seen as the right place because of the location of the ground, hotel costs, etc then it will be interesting to see whether consequential low attendances result in the concept being binned or merely taken back to a better suited venue.

I like it in Newcastle as did many as it was a weekend away for them

It is undeniably possible that fans from clubs further away from Liverpool e.g both Hull clubs will see Liverpool as the same. Difference is Newcastle was a weekend away for pretty much everyone considering where it is.

Can't deny Liverpool city centre is a pretty good day/night out. Anfield is outside the city centre though, which could be an issue. Northern Line from Central or Moorfields will take you to Kirkdale (on the Ormskirk bound train), which is about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the ground. Not ideal but do-able. If they run enough trains that is.

Trains into Liverpool may be an issue as well even for fans coming from nearer as Northern strikes seem to be continuing. That Transpennine train from Scarborough is always running though, stops at Lea Green & goes straight through to Lime Street. Runs either at 16 or 19 minutes past the hour. The Newcastle Transpennine stops at N-L-W but not sure of the times.

Plus, I'm sure they will run the shuttle buses as Mal mentioned above.

Swings & roundabouts I guess.

I'm a Utd fan through & through, it took a fair bit of persuasion to go to Anfield for the England v NZ game but I couldn't fault it. Had a great afternoon.
    Last edited by Ralph Fridge; 15th November 2018 at 14:25. Reason: SPG

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

From the Bigg Market to the Big Dump, the gastro pubs wine bars and beer mongers of Anfield must be rubbing their hands in anticipation, well the bar and burger van anyway. You would think that Elstone would have marked their card about the lack of facilities unless he drove to Goodison with his eyes shut.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.