Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Lions Tour Planned, No Australian Games.

In The South Stand

Default Lions Tour Planned, No Australian Games.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Sounds great apart fro the "subject to consultations with major playing leagues". I'm sure the NRL will have something to say. Hope the players make their feelings known like they did for Denver.

Got A Season Ticket

Hope this is all planned and dates finalised soon. Nigel Wood said hoping for it to be confirmed by the end of this year (I’ll take anything he says with a pinch of salt however).

It’s some tour that, me and my brother are going to go so hoping that they play in Tonga,Fiji, Samoa etc and not play those games in Aus/NZ. Would be good to go to a random place I wouldn’t normally visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Learning All The Songs

All the GB games will be played in Aus/NZ apart from PNG. It’ll be a financial disaster otherwise.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Great news, let’s get GBRL back on the scene and up the profile of international RL in this country. Lions tours have been a long time coming.

Let’s not let O’Neills anywhere near the kit designer!

In The South Stand

Not sure what the GB Lions name is about? Does the England management team run that? I'd assume there would be no players selected who weren't in the England setup?

Sounds like a great thing to do. We need to give Fiji/Tonga/Samoa/PNG meaningful games so they can keep big name players interested between world cups.

Plus they will provide some serious competition for both 1st and 2nd string GB test teams. The current test series has shown we have the most depth we have had in a long time.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Got A Replica Shirt Fatty Vautin's Avatar

A repeat of that Tonga semi final with a similar crowd and atmosphere would be incredible.

Got A Season Ticket

You couldn't make this up
    "The RFL has been pressing their RLIF counterparts for months for confirmation of the revival of the Great Britain tour and it came on Saturday at the conclusion of a four-day congress in York.
    However, the RLIF says its eight-year rolling programme was only approved in principle and that next year's tour is still subject to consultation with the NRL and the players' representatives.
    The Lions, who last toured in 1996, will not meet Australia next year but will instead play matches against New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Papua New Guinea and the RFL says it wants a full itinerary mapped out by Christmas."

https://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-l...ns-tour/154731

I am taking this personal now, I was all set to go on the 1996 Lions tour V Australia and was all set to go next year. Perhaps I might still be alive for the 2024 tour (if there is one)

In The South Stand

They should say stuff the Aussies if they want to let them carry on with their own little game and they will never know if any team is better than them.