Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: magic weekend

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS2411 View Post
    Someone who doesn't go to a rugby match because they don't like the football team that plays there. Bitter
    Why bother about football anyway - boring spectacle played by a lot of overpaid under skilled prima donnas with inflated egos. Glad of the opportunity to get that off my chest!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTS2411 View Post
    Someone who doesn't go to a rugby match because they don't like the football team that plays there. Bitter

I despise Man U, but I'd never give the GF a miss just because it's played at their ground.

Daft.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I despise Man U, but I'd never give the GF a miss just because it's played at their ground.

Daft.

Exactly.

Been to every Magic. Won't be going this one already booked a festival that weekend. Liverpool is an excellent city for drinking. Unfortunately Anfield isn't Central enough to make it work like Newcastle and Cardiff. Murrayfield was dire for similar reasons. Academic for me this time.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Been to every Magic. Won't be going this one already booked a festival that weekend. Liverpool is an excellent city for drinking. Unfortunately Anfield isn't Central enough to make it work like Newcastle and Cardiff. Murrayfield was dire for similar reasons. Academic for me this time.
    Just cannot see it working for this very reason. Anfield is just too far away from the city centre. The two places its worked well were Cardiff and Newcastle for thiose very reasons that there are places to drink and eat nearby and its close to the cirty centre.

If the RFL wanted to try a new place maybe they should have held it in say Dublin or simply not bothered.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I wonder if the rfl are banking on more day trippers rather than people staying a weekend. Anfield is closer for all the Super League clubs than Newcastle is. I think a large proportion of the ones who go for a weekend on the beer will still attend, but possibly more will travel and go home?

Scousers aren't interested in rugby, but neither are Geordies. Anfield is a five minutes taxi into the centre, ten at a push

Default magic weekend

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I wonder if the rfl are banking on more day trippers rather than people staying a weekend. Anfield is closer for all the Super League clubs than Newcastle is. I think a large proportion of the ones who go for a weekend on the beer will still attend, but possibly more will travel and go home?

Scousers aren't interested in rugby, but neither are Geordies. Anfield is a five minutes taxi into the centre, ten at a push
    I think the number of people who go for a boozy weekend will take a big hit, especially if it’s true that the hotels in the city are already booked up. It’ll be a massive pain getting between the city and Anfield so skipping a game for a couple of pints and coming back for the next one just won’t be an option (taxis would be a help, I suppose, but that’s only if you can get one, and I think 5-10 mins is a bit optimistic).

If Everton’s proposed stadium goes ahead, mind, that would be a perfect venue for it.

If I remember right, we’ve played Cas at Anfield before- back in the Howes expansion era.

Got A Season Ticket

As I said on a previous thread.....the same weekend as the Rock n Roll marathon/half marathon.....recipe for chaos

35’000 runners and watchers.....35’000 RL fans trying to get to Anfield

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Widnes Saint View Post
    As I said on a previous thread.....the same weekend as the Rock n Roll marathon/half marathon.....recipe for chaos

35’000 runners and watchers.....35’000 RL fans trying to get to Anfield
    That means all the hotels will be full up and public transport a bit diluted. Don't think the RL planning department has an other events calendar for 2019, sounds as though its " a pin the tail of the donkey" and see how it goes set up.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    If I remember right, we’ve played Cas at Anfield before- back in the Howes expansion era.
    Yeah, I remember we went around Liverpool on the night after the match. Sure it was a Sunday.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    i cant recall that game at all im tipping saints won or im sure it would have stayed in the memory bank

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I think you are right. It’s rumoured Anfield paid more than Newcastle. The SL get nothing from hotels, food etc round the area so they frankly won’t give a s###. I’m not happy with location and even though I am in St Helens my first reaction yesterday was I’m not going and I still feel that. But I know my wife will change my mind. So with that I will go get in the ground 10 mins before our game and then that’s it. Newcastle I would be there all day.
    I wonder if this might be a one year deal and SL are thinking of moving it around now. It’s just not been thought through. I know you can’t please everyone, but to have it when other stuff is going on around the ground and the chaos that causes fans is disrespectful. But the SL big wigs will pull into anfields VIP parking space, go through VIP entrance sit in a box with legroom and think ‘ I don’t know what the fans are moaning about this was easy to get to and park’.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Can you explain what qualifies someone as a great fan? Going to Newcastle for a double header which I don't agree with? Going to the stadium of a football team I despise and putting money in their pockets, for an event I don't particularly like?
    Why the hell should I do something I don't want to, spending my hard earned? Idiot.
    Apart from the "idiot" comment as a Saints supporter first , and also being a "bluenose" both for many a year I agree completely, time to dodge the Bullitt LSF. PS Mike Trebilco , Mike Trebilco , Derek Temple , just for you that one LSF.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

We know where the hole is.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    MW is supposed to be Saints v Cas and Wigan v Wire.

Finishing #1 we play #2 and #4 (Wigan and Wire) in the loop fixtures so can't play them again (a 4th time) at MW. So we play the other team in our block of 4 which is Cas, #3.

That's how I read it a few weeks back.

In fact Rogues, you even confirmed that we couldn't play someone a 4th time at MW, so it had to be someone who we didn't play in the 6 loop fixtures. And that's how they decided the pairings by chopping the table into 3 fours and matching the teams within that who didn't meet in the loopy games. So 1 v 3, 2 v 4, 5 v 7, 6 v 8, 9 v 11 and 10 v 12 based on last seasons finish.

Christ what with the play-offs and this for the Tragic Weekend you've got to have a brain like Epstein to work out your opponents.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    i cant recall that game at all im tipping saints won or im sure it would have stayed in the memory bank

I can it was the first and last visit to the KOP, still stinks of pi55
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Bought my tickets get over yourselves.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Saving the money and spending a few extra days in France around the Catalans game a few weeks before.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Can't grumble at £20 for a day ticket on the side