Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morgan being offered round

Got A Season Ticket

Default Morgan being offered round

No real surprise here, signing Naiqama always looked like being the end of his time at Saints. Keeping three expensive centres was never going to happen. Only surprise is that it has taken so long to be announced, surely he should have been shipped out as soon as Naiqama was signed? http://www.totalrl.com/morgan-offered-to-rival-clubs/

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    No real surprise here, signing Naiqama always looked like being the end of his time at Saints. Keeping three expensive centres was never going to happen. Only surprise is that it has taken so long to be announced, surely he should have been shipped out as soon as Naiqama was signed? http://www.totalrl.com/morgan-offered-to-rival-clubs/
    Already discussed in the Amor thread bud.

Morgan’s on his day is a better than average centre but it doesn’t happen enough, maybe Saints gave him to the end of the year to try and prove his worth and consistency before making a decision.

Plus Saints haven’t announced it, they have no obligation to just like they haven’t announced Amor is for sale, it’s just paper talk.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    How do you ship him out?

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Rumour London Broncos could be after both Morgan and Amor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand

Never been keen on Morgan, just find him to have too many brain explosions and if we want to be a side that actually gets to Finals, we can’t be doing with people like him.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Not a big fan of Amor but think Douglas should have gone before him. Apart from a couple of recent games Amor was better all season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Not a big fan of Amor but think Douglas should have gone before him. Apart from a couple of recent games Amor was better all season.
    Douglas probably had his best season for us.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I think you might be in a minority on this one, Douglas has been pretty good this season, sound as a pound in defence and his his attack had picked up pretty well in the second half of this season. Think he had around 3 games were he was well up for Man of Match, as for Amor he has been pretty average but has tried his best like all the other forwards to help the loss of Walmsley.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think you might be in a minority on this one, Douglas has been pretty good this season, sound as a pound in defence and his his attack had picked up pretty well in the second half of this season. Think he had around 3 games were he was well up for Man of Match, as for Amor he has been pretty average but has tried his best like all the other forwards to help the loss of Walmsley.
    I'm with you on that one. Douglas is very consistent and gets through a ton of work, towards the end of the season he was punching holes and looked more dynamic.

Personally i think we can only have one of Douglas or Amor in the team and I'd prefer us to keep Douglas, he compliments the other props nicely

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Fake news for me on Morgan.
    Learned comment from The Don

He’s a decent centre on his day but it would be completely nonsensical to carry him and Swift on the cap as cover players

In The South Stand

He has a year left on his contract and could well say hell no i'm staying put ( that is if the rumours are true )

Learning All The Songs

You would have thought that we’d have made sure he was definitely going when we signed Naiqama given that he’ll be on decent money as well. Shows how little Holbrook rated Morgan or how highly he rated Naiqama. Probably a combination of the two.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Fake news for me on Morgan.
    If you mean him being offered around is fake news then I doubt it. Why would we keep someone who’ll be taking up a decent chunk of the cap and a quota space only for him to sit around waiting for injury. Would be illogical. League Express generally spot on with stuff like this as well.

Got A Season Ticket

How much money would saints want for Morgan or are they happy to just release him cas have looked at a number of centres to replace Webster not being able to get anybody in yet

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I could go and look at every superleague squad and suggest that some players were being offered around and I would occasionally be right.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    How much money would saints want for Morgan or are they happy to just release him cas have looked at a number of centres to replace Webster not being able to get anybody in yet
    We wouldn't get a transfer fee, it's more likely we'd have to pay some of Morgan's contract off

Got A Season Ticket

Talk of London Broncos being interested? do think he is being offered!

In The South Stand

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Maybe a daft question but how do we save cap space by paying up their contracts? Surely all that means is they get all their future money now instead of over the course of the next year or however long they've got left?

Thought it would more likely be a case of new team just takes over their contracts, or player agrees to go to new team for less money to guarantee game time.

As has been said, both players are well within their rights to stick around at Saints, even if it just means doing the rubdowns and bringing the kicking tee on.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Maybe a daft question but how do we save cap space by paying up their contracts? Surely all that means is they get all their future money now instead of over the course of the next year or however long they've got left?

Thought it would more likely be a case of new team just takes over their contracts, or player agrees to go to new team for less money to guarantee game time.

As has been said, both players are well within their rights to stick around at Saints, even if it just means doing the rubdowns and bringing the kicking tee on.
    It may be a case of Saints paying a portion of their salary. I think we got Walsh on that type of deal.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post

As I understand it, if Saints pay him off ala Matty Smith that paymenet doesn't count on the salary cap.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I could go and look at every superleague squad and suggest that some players were being offered around and I would occasionally be right.

They’ve suggested two players and both aren’t going to be near the 19 when everyone’s fit. Why would we want to keep Morgan? I’m struggling to see why you don’t believe he’s been offered around when it’s quite clear Holbrook isn’t a fan as well.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    They’ve suggested two players and both aren’t going to be near the 19 when everyone’s fit. Why would we want to keep Morgan? I’m struggling to see why you don’t believe he’s been offered around when it’s quite clear Holbrook isn’t a fan as well.
    Saints website has just "twittered" , get your tickets ECT because "big all's back" or words to that effect , is this the first positive info the club has announced on Walmesly's condition or have I missed something.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

If Saints are trying to free up space on the wage cap does that mean we are looking to bring someone else in?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk