Daryl Clark (Warrington Wolves)
    Jake Connor (Hull FC)
    Oliver Gildart (Wigan Warriors)
    James Graham (St George Illawarra)
    Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves)
    Josh Hodgson (Canberra Raiders)
    Jonny Lomax (St Helens)
    Tommy Makinson (St Helens)
    Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants)
    Richie Myler (Leeds Rhinos)
    Sean O’Loughlin (Wigan Warriors)
    Mark Percival (St Helens)
    Luke Thompson (St Helens)
    Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors)
    Elliott Whitehead (Canberra Raiders)
    George Williams (Wigan Warriors)

Difficult to know who will be left out of that 19, common sense would say Myler would be one, but there are no other scrum halves so I am not sure, and 5 props so likely that one of those misses out and probably Thompson or Hill

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Looking at the team I think he will pick Myler for his kicking and as he played well against France.
    Tomkins has never performed on the international stage and I’m not sure Bennett will pick him. I think he will go;

1. Lomax
    2. Makinson
    3. Connor
    4. Percival
    5. McGilvray
    6. Williams
    7. Myler
    8. Burgess
    9. Hodgson
    10. Graham
    11. Bateman
    12. Whitehead
    13. O’Loughlin

Bench: Hill, Burgess, Thompson, Tomkins/Clark

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Myler and Williams to miss out for me.

Serious concerns about whether Bennett or I are going to call it right in the halves, but I would go with and would back Bennett to go with:-

Tomkins, Makinson, Gildart, Percival, McGillvary, Lomax, Connor, Graham, Hodgson, T.Burgess, Bateman, Whitehead, O'Loughlin, SUBS Clark, Thompson, Hill, G.Burgess.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Sam Tomkins 17 tries from 23 England appearances, I don't think that's a bad rate. I hope Gildart gets at least one game in the series IMO he's the best young centre in the game over here, the try he made for Manfredi in the Grand Final was centre play at its best.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Sam Tomkins 17 tries from 23 England appearances, I don't think that's a bad rate. I hope Gildart gets at least one game in the series IMO he's the best young centre in the game over here, the try he made for Manfredi in the Grand Final was centre play at its best.
    Those 17 tries were from when he had two functioning knees

Sam Tomkins 17 tries from 23 England appearances
    Unfortunately his try scoring record doesn’t change it, Tomkins has never performed in big games when it has mattered for England.

DD that is the team I would also go with just not sure if Bennett will

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post

Serious concerns about whether Bennett or I are going to call it right in the halves, but I would go with and would back Bennett to go with:-

Tomkins, Makinson, Gildart, Percival, McGillvary, Lomax, Connor, Graham, Hodgson, T.Burgess, Bateman, Whitehead, O'Loughlin, SUBS Clark, Thompson, Hill, G.Burgess.
    A good shout that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Bennett is pretty much said Lomax will be at full back so it looks like 2 of Tomkins, Williams, Myler and Connor at half back.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Bennett is pretty much said Lomax will be at full back so it looks like 2 of Tomkins, Williams, Myler and Connor at half back.
    Bennett has for a couple of games has always brought Lomax up to the half back position during part of the game, maybe he doesn't see Tomkins of doing a better job, wouldn't surprise me to see Williams at 7 Connor at 6 with Makinson/Gildart and Percival as the centres.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Bennett has for a couple of games has always brought Lomax up to the half back position during part of the game, maybe he doesn't see Tomkins of doing a better job, wouldn't surprise me to see Williams at 7 Connor at 6 with Makinson/Gildart and Percival as the centres.
    Makinson will be on the wing as there’s only him and McGilvary in the 19, no Johnstone.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Looking at the team I think he will pick Myler for his kicking and as he played well against France.
    Tomkins has never performed on the international stage and I’m not sure Bennett will pick him. I think he will go;

1. Lomax
    2. Makinson
    3. Connor
    4. Percival
    5. McGilvray
    6. Williams
    7. Myler
    8. Burgess
    9. Hodgson
    10. Graham
    11. Bateman
    12. Whitehead
    13. O’Loughlin

Bench: Hill, Burgess, Thompson, Tomkins/Clark
    Who will kick goals in this team, I think this is the main reason Tomkins will play at full back and Lomax in the halves or on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by harrypinnersnose View Post
    Who will kick goals in this team, I think this is the main reason Tomkins will play at full back and Lomax in the halves or on the bench.
    Not sure if Myler kicks goals, I think Percival was goal kicking against France but he’s not great at it.
    If it’s a close match goal kicking will be crucial. I’d go with Tomkins at fb and Lomax in the halves, just not sure if Bennett will.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Makes absolutely no sense. Lomax has been outstanding at half-back for Saints, Tomkins outstanding at FB for Wigan. Why swap them Wayney boy?

Learning All The Songs

Bennet usually selects two hookers. That being the case there will not be a back on he bench.

Learning All The Songs

Better than Pervical?

My team would be
    1.Tomkins
    2.Makinson
    3.Connor
    4.Percival
    5.McGilvary
    6.Lomax
    7.Myler
    8.G Burgess
    9.Hodgson
    10.Graham
    11.Bateman
    12.Whitehead
    13.O'Loughlin

14.Clarke
    15.T Burgess
    16.Thompson
    17.Hill

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Jake Connor, he kicked in the game v France at Leigh.

Just on that game I wonder why there was no mention of the "Kenny Edwards/Gareth Hock" ball throwing style incident on here?

Banned

Gildart is above average at best. Not an international centre and horribly overated.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post

got to agree, Myler not up to it, coupled with Williams average at best this season, still Connor / Tomkins and Lomax can be shifted

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Gildart is above average at best. Not an international centre and horribly overated.
    I don't think Gildart is a top centre, but he has a bit of pace, and currently there is a dearth of good British centres.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't think Gildart is a top centre, but he has a bit of pace, and currently there is a dearth of good British centres.
    Gildart is nowhere near the finished product yet, but he has the potential to be a top centre, not in the power running game breaking mould, but he has the brain and knack of putting his winger away, something Percy would do well to start copying, if you could combine Percy's elusive running style with Gidarts passing ability as evidenced in the GF for Manfredi's first try, and also the huge amount of tries his winger on the left hand side scores when he is playing centre, you would have a hell of a player.

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

Lomax starting at Fullback Bennett says
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

Learning All The Songs

The squad is interesting because it appears we have only two second rowers which seems to decide Bateman is at second row and Connor and Percival at centre. From a personal point of view looking at the physicality of New Zealand I would have put Bateman at centre with Percival, Connor at stand off and Williams scrum half. Bennett in the past has put defensive capabilities first so I would not be surprised if he went with this. I remember Connor being superb defensively against Saints. That would mean a prop playing in the second row, which is why I would have all five props in the 17. Thompson has the pace and could do a job there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Personally I hate players out of position so by that logic I would have Lomax at 6 with Percy and Gildart in the centres. Tompkins probably be FB and play Williams at 7. Pretty sure that Bennett will have a couple out of position and we will all be whining about it on sunday?
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    The squad is interesting because it appears we have only two second rowers which seems to decide Bateman is at second row and Connor and Percival at centre. From a personal point of view looking at the physicality of New Zealand I would have put Bateman at centre with Percival, Connor at stand off and Williams scrum half. Bennett in the past has put defensive capabilities first so I would not be surprised if he went with this. I remember Connor being superb defensively against Saints. That would mean a prop playing in the second row, which is why I would have all five props in the 17. Thompson has the pace and could do a job there.
    He also tried Thompson out at second row for a spell in the France match.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bateman at #3. Joseph Manu is one hell of a player, he got the better of Latrell Mitchell in the Kiwi v Aus game a couple of weeks ago.