1st June
    SF 27th July
    F 24th Aug

Play-off games weekend of
    20th Sept
    27th Sept
    4th Oct
    11th Oct - Grand Final
    Don't want to sound pedantic but the GF is Saturday 12th not Friday 11th as you've put. I'm working Friday 11th so when I saw what you'd I thought sh*t i'll miss the GF

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    Leeds own the ground....
    For some reason Saints announced this as a Sunday game and Leeds announced it as a Thursday one. Realistically it was never going to be a Sunday game.

(There aren't any announced cricket fixtures for that weekend, the Ashes test the following weekend is the only one when the stadium isn't available for the a whole weekend during the SL season).
    I thought the cricket owned the ground?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBBO View Post
    Leeds lease the ground from Yorkshire cricket. It was owned by a large Jewish family.
    Thanks.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Leeds lease the ground from Yorkshire cricket. It was owned by a large Jewish family.
    Are you sure about that?
    https://caddickdevelopments.co.uk/about/caddick-group/
    Scroll down.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    https://caddickdevelopments.co.uk/about/caddick-group/
    Scroll down.
    ...And this https://www.therhinos.co.uk/staff/paul-caddick/

Noooobie

The trading is undertaken in the company 'Leeds Football, Cricket and Athletic Company Limited'. Accounts can easily be obtained from Companies House.
    This company owns the land and buildings and runs the club. The accounts filed are to October 17. the turnover is £11m and the stadium is shown at a value of £12m. The directors report refers to the major redevelopment of the stadium and the south stand so it is fair to say that the stadium is owned by the club.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Caddick could be the family But wouldn't swear to it. My father who was an avid reader on anything to do with rugby told me . I can't confirm with him now as he has passed away. I also have a close cricket friend who works at Lancashire cricket club who told me basically the same.

Noooobie

Caddick could be the family But wouldn't swear to it. My father who was an avid reader on anything to do with rugby told me . I can't confirm with him now as he has passed away. I also have a close cricket friend who works at Lancashire cricket club who told me basically the same.
    See my reply above - they are wrong, the stadium is owned by the club (albeit they are not called Leeds Rhinos Limited)

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Maybe but it should be our highest gate of the year, like you said we sell out once every two years. If it isn’t snowing or raining I think 15k plus is realistic
    The first game of the season always has an above average crowd for the opponent, as fans are all excited again and need a fix after the break. Last years opener vs Cas drew over 13k even though it was on Sky, the highest ever crowd for a Cas game at LP.

Even though a Thursday night in the middle of Winter is the worst possible way to kick off a season (it's as though the game doesn't actually want any publicity) there's no reason why this game shouldn't be very close to a sell out.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    Who cares?
    Thanks for your input.
    Somebody posted something that was wrong and then reposted it as a fact again, so I corrected it.

You obviously care otherwise you wouldn't have commented!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Alec View Post
    Don't want to sound pedantic but the GF is Saturday 12th not Friday 11th as you've put. I'm working Friday 11th so when I saw what you'd I thought sh*t i'll miss the GF
    At the risk of starting a pedantic war I put
    "Play-off games weekend of"
    Before the dates - the dates of play-off games and CC rounds were not included in the first release of fixtures, while highly unlikely the grand final could have been moved to the Sunday

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkbeforeyoutype View Post
    The trading is undertaken in the company 'Leeds Football, Cricket and Athletic Company Limited'. Accounts can easily be obtained from Companies House.
    This company owns the land and buildings and runs the club. The accounts filed are to October 17. the turnover is £11m and the stadium is shown at a value of £12m. The directors report refers to the major redevelopment of the stadium and the south stand so it is fair to say that the stadium is owned by the club.
    This is true. The cricket club own the cricket stadium, the Rugby League club own the RL stadium.

A new company called Headingley North-South Stand Limited has been set up as a 50/50 joint venture by the two clubs to oversee the redevelopment and management of the new shared stand which is being built on land owned by the two clubs.
    FWIW the stadium isn't valued at £11m, that's historic depreciated cost in accounting terms and not a reflection of 'value'.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    This is true. The cricket club own the cricket stadium, the Rugby League club own the RL stadium.

A new company called Headingley North-South Stand Limited has been set up as a 50/50 joint venture by the two clubs to oversee the redevelopment and management of the new shared stand which is being built on land owned by the two clubs.
    FWIW the stadium isn't valued at £11m, that's historic depreciated cost in accounting terms and not a reflection of 'value'.
    Thanks for that. Appears my old chap was wrong. I'll let him know when I visit his grave on remembrance day. ��

Got A Season Ticket

Get over yourself.
    ��

Got A Season Ticket

Get over yourself.
    Exactly.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I have got my ticket already can't wait !
    Learned comment from The Don

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I'd love all clubs to play their games on Sunday, just leaving the televised game on a Friday night and the second televised game be on a Saturday night with a 6 p.m kick off. Ditch the Thursday night games.
    I work some weekends so Sunday games mean very little RL for me. Plus having games on a Sunday ruins the chance of doing anything with the family on a Sunday. I know you're retired RG which means every day is Sunday for you
    Friday night for me, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Alec View Post
    I work some weekends so Sunday games mean very little RL for me. Plus having games on a Sunday ruins the chance of doing anything with the family on a Sunday. I know you're retired RG which means every day is Sunday for you
    Friday night for me, definitely.

Saturday teatime would be best for me but not a lot of others.

Particularly if it was a Hull or London trip