Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Amor for Sale

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

He's our 6th choice prop next season. If they all stay fit throughout the year, then I'm not really sure he'll play much in 2019.

He's been a good servant for us but I think we've had his best seasons now to be honest and with the rise of Lees and Ashworth he's just dropped down the pecking order. If him leaving allowed us to improve the squad elsewhere then I'm fine with it. If he stays I'm fine with it too as it gives us extra competition at prop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    He's our 6th choice prop next season. If they all stay fit throughout the year, then I'm not really sure he'll play much in 2019.

He's been a good servant for us but I think we've had his best seasons now to be honest and with the rise of Lees and Ashworth he's just dropped down the pecking order. If him leaving allowed us to improve the squad elsewhere then I'm fine with it. If he stays I'm fine with it too as it gives us extra competition at prop.

Spot on with what he says personally i'd like to see Kyle move on and get a half back cover.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

I'd prefer to keep him for the coming season.
    We don't know how Walmsley will come back, if he struggles and then we pick up an injury to another prop we will be down to the bare bones.
    If we don't pick up injuries and Walmsley comes back where we left off, Amor gives us the ability to rotate the players as and when needed.

In The South Stand

This is one I'm not bothered either way about. Happy if he goes but also happy if he stays for a year just for the experience and cover he provides.

Mulhern at Hull KR would be a great pickup, he is getting some recognition after a good season.

The writing has been on the wall for Amor for a while now. He has been weak since KC departed, I didn't understand the thinking behind giving him a long term deal at the time and he has been a passenger for a while. I guess the big issue will be finding a taker.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post

The writing has been on the wall for Amor for a while now. He has been weak since KC departed, I didn't understand the thinking behind giving him a long term deal at the time and he has been a passenger for a while. I guess the big issue will be finding a taker.
    I had the same thoughts Noel when the 4 year deal was announced. It continues to surprise me that on the face of it (I don't know the financial details of the contracts and whether they are front-loaded etc.) Saints continue to offer long term contracts as they have. I could understand the Walmsley and Percival deals as two of Saints best players, but you would've thought after the 4 year deal given to Matty Smith and how that has turned out and the 3 year contracts to Morgan and Douglas, that the club would be more cautious, instead of giving 3 year deals to Coote & Paulo. I certainly would've. Neither are marquee signings and both have something to prove.

Regards,

STEVO

Its been on the cards, hope all goes well for him in the future.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

With Salford losing Kopczak, is there a home for Kyle there.

Learning All The Songs

There always seems a shortage of decent props. I would not be surprised if Amor stays but as I say he will have no trouble in finding another club if he goes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Those saying we should gracefully let him go are flattering Amor. Some of us were saying that he’s gash 3 years ago

He had a good season for Wakefield in 2013 and our star talent spotter Mike Rush fell for it hook line and sinker. Im sorry but he’s never been anything more than average.
    Im going to the players xmas dinner. They will probably sit me on his table lol.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    With Salford losing Kopczak, is there a home for Kyle there.
    Gil Dudson is supposed to be replacing Kopczak but with Tasi also gone they’ll definitely be needing at least another prop. If they’re taking Dudson I think they’d take Amor. I think the only two realistic places he could go to given that he’s meant to have moved into a new house in Billinge are Salford and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Gil Dudson is supposed to be replacing Kopczak but with Tasi also gone they’ll definitely be needing at least another prop. If they’re taking Dudson I think they’d take Amor. I think the only two realistic places he could go to given that he’s meant to have moved into a new house in Billinge are Salford and Toronto.
    Has anything been said about where Kopczak has gone? Sky just said another SL club.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Has anything been said about where Kopczak has gone? Sky just said another SL club.
    Wakefield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Those saying we should gracefully let him go are flattering Amor. Some of us were saying that he’s gash 3 years ago

He had a good season for Wakefield in 2013 and our star talent spotter Mike Rush fell for it hook line and sinker. Im sorry but he’s never been anything more than average.
    Im going to the players xmas dinner. They will probably sit me on his table lol.
    To be fair to Rush, when Amor became available people on here were clamouring for hs signing.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 19th October 2018 at 21:33.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

To be fair to Rush, when Amor became available people on here were clamoring for hs signing.
    Good on em. But we aren’t in the hot seat. I expect more from our director of rugby, talent scout, (whatever Rush does)
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Wakefield.
    Thx Mate.

Amor was good for us for a couple of years. Didn’t he win POTY in 2016?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Amor was good for us for a couple of years. Didn’t he win POTY in 2016?
    He has had a couple of good seasons but they're far outweighed by poor ones. I've never seen a player so dominated by his opponents than him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    He has had a couple of good seasons but they're far outweighed by poor ones. I've never seen a player so dominated by his opponents than him

Thought he was very good in his debut season, poor in 2015, good in 2016, poor since

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

I agree that he has been poor for a couple of years and I’d be fine with us releasing him. I just think the suggestion that he’s been rubbish since he joined us is wide of the mark.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post

I'd sit you on his knee.��

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I can't decide over this. Whilst I agree he doesn't dominate the contact anything like enough most of the time, I don't know if he's playing to instruction, whether he struggles to overcome the brain conditioning of Cunningham's tactics (look at the mess Cunningham left Richards in!!), or if he's just no longer able (he looked a real handful in 2 of his first 3 seasons). But I do worry that he offers some experience & guile and we'd miss that if he went, with only Douglas being left for the role of 'canny old pro'. LMS is a character and gives his all, but isn't what you'd call a thinking man's prop. Walmsley again is more brawn than brain. None of Thompson (who is like Ram Man), Lees or Ashworth are experienced or subtle (I think Ashworth has potential to be).
    It does seem Amor is playing to a basic Role he did have an offloading role years ago but he is more of an holding prop now. LMS has been pretty smart these last 2 seasons and Holbrook has given him an open role he has started quite a few moves off and has a passing game. Ashworth just needs to know when to offload, most of the time he gets it right but its just a matter of playing game. As for Lees I reckon there is a lot of potential in him, always wants to hit hard in attack and defence, last few games he had been breaking through tackles, a bit more power from the pre season and he should be following in Thommo footsteps development wise.

Learning All The Songs

League Express saying there could be another Saints player on the move as well as Amor. I think it’ll be Fages or Morgan. Would be good to get either off the cap, especially the latter. Amor and Morgan would leave us with a fair bit to spend I imagine.

Learning All The Songs

League Express saying there could be another Saints player on the move as well as Amor. I think it’ll be Fages or Morgan. Would be good to get either off the cap, especially the latter. Amor and Morgan would leave us with a fair bit to spend I imagine.
    Heard a few times now that fages could be on his way.

Got A Season Ticket

It's Morgan being touted around.