Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Amor for Sale

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm yet to see you jump to Hohaia's defence despite the hammering he gets on here, yet I defend him.

Amor has offered us nothing for a long while. I don't rate him. He ain't big enough. He ain't aggressive enough. He gets dominated in the tackle time after time.
    Without starting a new topic Hohaia was an awful signing and there is no defence for him, poor in every position he played for us.

Amor had some good games last year but past the midway point of the season was very average and yes he’s been on the decline for a while.

Walmsley, Thompson, Lees, Scarsbrook, Ashworth, Douglas, Amor as our props. There’s plenty, maybe a bit too much depth there, if Amor was on a lesser wage it would be OK but let’s face it he won’t be. I still wouldn’t be against him staying for the season though if we don’t need the cap space and especially if it’s at the loss of Wigan not gaining another option in their forward pack (Id rather them play Tautai than Amor).

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Without starting a new topic Hohaia was an awful signing and there is no defence for him, poor in every position he played for us.

Amor had some good games last year but past the midway point of the season was very average and yes he’s been on the decline for a while.

Walmsley, Thompson, Lees, Scarsbrook, Ashworth, Douglas, Amor as our props. There’s plenty, maybe a bit too much depth there, if Amor was on a lesser wage it would be OK but let’s face it he won’t be. I still wouldn’t be against him staying for the season though if we don’t need the cap space and especially if it’s at the loss of Wigan not gaining another option in their forward pack (Id rather them play Tautai than Amor).
    Wigan have four or five very good young props coming through. Byrne, Kibula, Partington, Barnes and Havard. However they are very young for 1st team Rugby. Havard was 1st year academy (U17) in 2018, Barnes is going on loan to Workington and I believe at leas two of the others are also going on loan, the joys/perils of no reserve grade.
    I haven't heard anything about Amor, only seen the rumours on the message boards. I was told early last week that Wigan had made a signing who was a forward but my "source" wouldn't disclose the name. Since he moved house I don't see Amor as much otherwise I would ask him.

Apart from playing for Saints and being a Liverpool fan , he's a really nice person, who always has time for a rugby chat.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Wigan have four or five very good young props coming through. Byrne, Kibula, Partington, Barnes and Havard. However they are very young for 1st team Rugby. Havard was 1st year academy (U17) in 2018, Barnes is going on loan to Workington and I believe at leas two of the others are also going on loan, the joys/perils of no reserve grade.
    I haven't heard anything about Amor, only seen the rumours on the message boards. I was told early last week that Wigan had made a signing who was a forward but my "source" wouldn't disclose the name. Since he moved house I don't see Amor as much otherwise I would ask him.

Apart from playing for Saints and being a Liverpool fan , he's a really nice person, who always has time for a rugby chat.

Wigan always work hard to sign up the best props at 14 into their scholarship, it's a real focus for them.

Amor is a good prop, if a team wants some experience he would fit the purpose. I wonder if Kabula will play first team this year, he is very big and strong, surely ready for first team, just not sure how many minutes

I'd also be happy to keep amor, good lad, solid pro and is decent back up, equally happy if he moves on to a better offer, good luck to him either way

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I get the feeling Amor could end up being our next season's Matty Smith - barely features and ends up leaving at the end of the year.

We have so much competition at prop next season with Thompson, Lees, LMS, Walmsley, Ashworth, Douglas and Amor. He's going to have to be really good to force his way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.F View Post
    It's disrespectful to say a player isn't good anymore? You really need to have word with yourself.
    I am at a family do tonight and a senior member of the Wigan coaching team is here and I can categorically state that Kyle is not signing for Wigan

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laner View Post
    i am at a family do tonight and a senior member of the wigan coaching team is here and i can categorically state that kyle is not signing for wigan
    jj ????.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I suspect we will need him at some point in the season. Always works hard and does not let us down.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I suspect we will need him at some point in the season. Always works hard and does not let us down.
    Agreed, it's a long hard season, thankfully Walmsley has made a full recovery from his injury but it could take him a while to get back to his best.
    Lees is going into his second full season and it's often a telling time whether he can make the step up from being a good youngster to being a first choice player.
    Similarly with Ashworth, I know he's been around longer than Lees but injury robbed him of some time.

Another way of looking at Amor, if you leave Saint's squad to one side.
    There's 11 other clubs in the league so that's about 44 prop forwards playing each week.
    Out of those 44 I don't think I could name half a dozen props who are better than Amor.

I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to get rid.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I reckon Amor had stepped up his workrate last season and has always been a grafter but has had a lot of games being ineffective. All our other front row forwards have played better to cover for the absence of Walmsley and as a result Amor is way down the pecking order now, so the time is about right to let him go , we've got to respect its a short playing career and therefore wish him all the best if he decides to move on.
    The Wigan connection might have legs which might suit him, I,m almost sure he's moved house over the Billinge border somewhere, if thats the case he wouldn't need to "up sticks".

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Agreed, it's a long hard season, thankfully Walmsley has made a full recovery from his injury but it could take him a while to get back to his best.
    Lees is going into his second full season and it's often a telling time whether he can make the step up from being a good youngster to being a first choice player.
    Similarly with Ashworth, I know he's been around longer than Lees but injury robbed him of some time.

Another way of looking at Amor, if you leave Saint's squad to one side.
    There's 11 other clubs in the league so that's about 44 prop forwards playing each week.
    Out of those 44 I don't think I could name half a dozen props who are better than Amor.

I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to get rid.
    I agree with all of this. The other issue I have concerns the opportunity cost of Amor, ie what could we do with the salary saved in letting him go. I doubt we’d be able to get a front line player in any position for the money he is on, so if we can’t improve our the squad, why bother weakening our overall player pool and perhaps help another club strengthen their weakness?