Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Jon Wilkin

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Jon Wilkin

Under KC Jon copped a lot of flack for his role in our play. Kicking on tackle 3 etc.
    I think that his role in the team this year has been to provide a steady hand and a cool head. Playing less minutes but better minutes.
    Today, Wilkin was probably as important as anyone on the pitch in our victory. He was in Hill's face all day and led from the front, I've no idea and don't really care how many tackles he made, it was more his influence on the team that mattered.
    In his last season at Saints, Jon has stood tall and done us all proud. Let's hope he can sign off with a GF winners ring.
    Once a Saint, always a saint.

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    Under KC Jon copped a lot of flack for his role in our play. Kicking on tackle 3 etc.
    I think that his role in the team this year has been to provide a steady hand and a cool head. Playing less minutes but better minutes.
    Today, Wilkin was probably as important as anyone on the pitch in our victory. He was in Hill's face all day and led from the front, I've no idea and don't really care how many tackles he made, it was more his influence on the team that mattered.
    In his last season at Saints, Jon has stood tall and done us all proud. Let's hope he can sign off with a GF winners ring.
    Great Post...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

I'm not his greatest fan,but I thought he played really well today.

Sent from my E1R161 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Provided us with something we have been missing lately. Getting under the skin of the opposition.

Not afraid to get up into Hill's face. Get him riled and that's it, wire go to pot.

Provided a steady hand when it was getting tough out there.

Recieved a well deserved applause from the crowd.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket Voll au Vent's Avatar

Take a bow Wilkin.
    Excellent game today. Got under Hill's skin big time, and took alt of pressure off Richardson.

Noooobie

Couldnt agree more in special games special players turn up and jon had that dirty grubby ba#ta$d in his pocket all game..... so well done jon and thanks for everything you have done for your club p.s i mean chris hill ( what a prick)

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

He got well stuck in Wilkin. It was a good tussle between him and Hill. He’s a good player Chris Hill but what a gob shyte.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    He got well stuck in Wilkin. It was a good tussle between him and Hill. He’s a cheating twunt Chris Hill but what a gob shyte.
    Fixed that for you. He used to be a good player but he’s just a cheat now.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

It's not only yesterday, I think he has been better since Holbrook came in. I think that under KC he was playing to instructions. Though, he is not the only one to improve post KC. Peyroux and Douglas have been much better this year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Wilkin is and always has been a top quality second row or loose forward when he does just that.
    Learned comment from The Don

Got A Season Ticket

Wilkin has suffered due to previous coaches instructions. Holbrook allows him to keep it simple and link up play, taking pressure off our half backs in the process.

We'll miss him big next year. Hopefully Paulo can fill the void.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by StillInTesco View Post
    Wilkin has suffered due to previous coaches instructions. Holbrook allows him to keep it simple and link up play, taking pressure off our half backs in the process.

We'll miss him big next year. Hopefully Paulo can fill the void.
    Big boots for him to fill. Holbrook obviously thinks that they will fit nicely