Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eamonn says we vote in favour of RFL

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Loop fixtures not ideal but fact is the clubs need a minimum number of fixtures to produce necessary income. Increasing the number of clubs not necessarily the answer if it's just putting weak clubs in and having more walkover scorelines.
    Yes I'm happy with this vote with the exception of loop fixtures. The only way to stop this is 14 teams which I'm in favour of but they don't deem enough teams strong enough. I guess this structure makes it easier to extend to 14 in the future if they deem it right

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Only in the world of RL could it take this long with so much hand wringing and speculation, to get back to where we've already been...………………………...
    Yep, in a nutshell
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yep, in a nutshell

Yes but the previous changes are due to this obsession that we don't want dead rubbers. I don't think people really understand the concept of a league, its not a cup competition. I think top 5 is the best system to create excitement without the farce of split leagues

Main issue with the Loop fixtures is repetiveness. Could end up playing Wigan for example in 3 regular games, a challenge cup game, magic weekend and twice in the playoffs. As unlikely as it is that we will play them 7 times its not out of the question that we could play them 4 or 5 times a season.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Main issue with the Loop fixtures is repetiveness. Could end up playing Wigan for example in 3 regular games, a challenge cup game, magic weekend and twice in the playoffs. As unlikely as it is that we will play them 7 times its not out of the question that we could play them 4 or 5 times a season.

Same as now?

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Same as now?
    Yep. Been a problem throughout the various playoff formats. I remember it being more of an issue back then but my memory is shocking.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Ian Lenegan's thoughts on the vote.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2...-starting-line

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Loop and Magic aren't going to overlap based on the quotes from Lenagan (i suspected this would be the case anyway). So no more repetitive than at present and to be honest i'd rather play decent teams 3 times in the league rather than have 2 games against lesser opposition such as London/Halifax/Featherstone.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I view it as a start, We need much better quality marketing and I know it's a real bone of contention but we do need a Toronto and London to grow the game otherwise we will be semi pro in 10 years time.
    Learned comment from The Don

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by ep1987 View Post
    Loop and Magic aren't going to overlap based on the quotes from Lenagan (i suspected this would be the case anyway). So no more repetitive than at present and to be honest i'd rather play decent teams 3 times in the league rather than have 2 games against lesser opposition such as London/Halifax/Featherstone.

It will be less repetitive with the new structure as you only play half the teams 3 times rather than all top 8 three times, keeping all 12 teams together keeps it a bit more fresh. Not ideal but better
    Until we go for 14 teams this will happen
    Was some talk of 13 teams with a bye twice a year, I beilieve NRL does that now?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I view it as a start, We need much better quality marketing and I know it's a real bone of contention but we do need a Toronto and London to grow the game otherwise we will be semi pro in 10 years time.
    Your right, I think it's the start of something better, the clubs and super league needed this first so they can grow marketing etc. We shouldn't expect immediate results, it will take at least several years to see any change, let's be patient

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Your right, I think it's the start of something better, the clubs and super league needed this first so they can grow marketing etc. We shouldn't expect immediate results, it will take at least several years to see any change, let's be patient
    I said virtually the same yesterday. I think it will be post 2022, when we begin to see real changes/benefits. But, it's a start in the right direction.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I said virtually the same yesterday. I think it will be post 2022, when we begin to see real changes/benefits. But, it's a start in the right direction.
    There was talk about substitutes and how to speed up the game.

Simple one, shot clock for Scrums and Drop Outs

Starting A Programme Collection

Has there been any response from the double glazing salesman yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    There was talk about substitutes and how to speed up the game.

Simple one, shot clock for Scrums and Drop Outs
    Yes. Along with some responsibility for the linesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    Has there been any response from the double glazing salesman yet ?
    He said he was going to consider the decision before commenting. He is probably in the corner having a cry

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He said he was going to consider the decision before commenting. He is probably in the corner having a cry
    Volunteer to play in the Championship maybe ?