Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrington away

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't think we have that many options with a couple of players just coming back, you would assume they will play. We could give Richardson a rest, providing it doesn't give his confidence a knock. We could also play Bentley and give JW a break. As well as the returning players, I think that the more experience that Lees and Ashworth get before the semi can only benefit them and the team. so they should play. Possibly rest a prop.
    His confidence needs a knock. He needs a wake up call and to realise he actually isn’t that good. The lads attitude is far too arrogant for someone who’s been so poor.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    His confidence needs a knock. He needs a wake up call and to realise he actually isn’t that good. The lads attitude is far too arrogant for someone who’s been so poor.
    Not sure that he is arrogant, though I don't know him. He would definitely benefit from an old head no 6 beside him. As good as JL is, and I think he is very good, he is not someone to direct Richardson

Starting A Programme Collection

I agree , Richie for me is far too weak for super league . God only knows how easily brushed off he is.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    I agree , Richie for me is far too weak for super league . God only knows how easily brushed off he is.
    Who is Richie, do you not mean Benny!

Got A Season Ticket

Oh yes, great point, that's what any employee needs at work, for their boss to destroy their self confidence and tell them they are really not that good. Most people find this hugely motivating I believe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Bloor View Post
    Oh yes, great point, that's what any employee needs at work, for their boss to destroy their self confidence and tell them they are really not that good. Most people find this hugely motivating I believe.

It's SaintH517. He's an obsessive who has a huge chip on his shoulder about Richardson.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    It's SaintH517. He's an obsessive who has a huge chip on his shoulder about Richardson.

Is this the same Richardson who has

Not missed a match all season ( his first full season)
    Jus had a contract extension
    Top goal scorer
    Most kicks in open play
    Most attacking kicks
    Most 40/20s 3
    Oh and poor defence
    He follows the game plan and also takes the big hits

And yet a keyboard warrior thinks hes a better judge of a player than Holbrook.

He must have kicked a ball through his/her window when he a child.
    Sent from my E1R161 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Just wondering how many goals hes knocked over at " just the right time" in very tight games , I would imagine he's % is only second to best after Walsh in the last few years, from the sideline his success is excellent.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post

Top goal scorer
    Most kicks in open play
    Most attacking kicks
    Most 40/20s 3
    Oh and poor defence

Like me you obviously are as pi55ed off about the negativity certain posters delight in putting out. I agree about their judgement, which leads to thinking all these experts must be ex superleague coaches with a grudge against Saints. Or just someone who finds no good in anything that is human and has good days and bad days and is not 100% perfect 100% of the time. We are all allowed our own opinion but when some post things that are a Polar Opposite to everyone else it makes you think they haven't got a clue what they are talking about.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

When someone is over confident and thinks they’re the real deal a bit of reality is necessary when they’ve been rubbish for months. He needs a wake up call because I genuinely can’t remember the last time he played well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Just wondering how many goals hes knocked over at " just the right time" in very tight games , I would imagine he's % is only second to best after Walsh in the last few years, from the sideline his success is excellent.
    He has got much better since a couple of months ago, when I posted a question re whether his kicking had gone off a bit. Since then he has been excellent. He must have read my post and either took notice, or, thought I'll make this poster look stupid.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I don't know about the chip on his shoulder its more like a crack in his cranium which is effecting his reality and thought processes. He needs to have a chat with Holbrook to why he has it all wrong by playing Richardson in every game this season, the fans on this forum who see the positive side must just be an illusion to him, unless we are all wrong and don't have a clue and that would include Holbrook as well.

Learning All The Songs

Top goal scorer
    Most kicks in open play
    Most attacking kicks
    Most 40/20s 3
    Oh and poor defence

Is this a joke? The extent to which Richardson is overrated amongst our fanbase is ridiculous. Genuine question, when did he last play well? As for this post, that is a rubbish attempt at trying to prove that he’s had a good season.

‘Not missed a match all season’ - in other words he’s not been injured/banned all season and is our only goal kicker.
    ‘Just had a contract extension’ - It was last year and do youngsters who don’t end up being good enough not get extensions?
    ‘Top goal scorer’ - Hardly incredible when he’s been the only goal kicker for a team who have scored the most try’s and he’s played every game.
    ‘Most kicks in open play’ - Probably the most ridiculous one on here and I can’t believe I’m actually responding to it but anyway, how on Earth is that an achievement. Most of them have been predictable and very average.
    ‘Most attacking kicks’ - See above, ridiculous thing to try and give him credit for.
    ‘Most 40/20s 3’ - Hardly a big number and both Gale and Sneyd have been out injured for a while.
    ‘Oh and poor defence’ - Not wrong on that one, second top for missed tackles with 94.
    ‘He follows the game plan and also takes the big hits’ - At this point I’m lost for words. Do you know what the game plan is? Every single scrum half takes big hits, what a ridiculous thing to try and give a player credit for.

Also, at no point have I said I think I’m better judge of a player than Holbrook. However, believe it or not you are allowed to disagree with the coach on certain things. Saw enough of it with Cunningham (rightly so) and I bet you were one of them. Richardson has been poor for almost the whole season, you’d do well to tell me more than 5 games where he’s played well.

Learning All The Songs

Is this a joke? The extent to which Richardson is overrated amongst our fanbase is ridiculous. Genuine question, when did he last play well? As for this post, that is a rubbish attempt at trying to prove that he’s had a good season.

‘Not missed a match all season’ - in other words he’s not been injured/banned all season and is our only goal kicker.
    ‘Just had a contract extension’ - It was last year and do youngsters who don’t end up being good enough not get extensions?
    ‘Top goal scorer’ - Hardly incredible when he’s been the only goal kicker for a team who have scored the most try’s and he’s played every game.
    ‘Most kicks in open play’ - Probably the most ridiculous one on here and I can’t believe I’m actually responding to it but anyway, how on Earth is that an achievement. Most of them have been predictable and very average.
    ‘Most attacking kicks’ - See above, ridiculous thing to try and give him credit for.
    ‘Most 40/20s 3’ - Hardly a big number and both Gale and Sneyd have been out injured for a while.
    ‘Oh and poor defence’ - Not wrong on that one, second top for missed tackles with 94.
    ‘He follows the game plan and also takes the big hits’ - At this point I’m lost for words. Do you know what the game plan is? Every single scrum half takes big hits, what a ridiculous thing to try and give a player credit for.

Also, at no point have I said I think I’m better judge of a player than Holbrook. However, believe it or not you are allowed to disagree with the coach on certain things. Saw enough of it with Cunningham (rightly so) and I bet you were one of them. Richardson has been poor for almost the whole season, you’d do well to tell me more than 5 games where he’s played well.

You just haven’t got a clue have you. I’ve come to the conclusion that you must be a wind up merchant, and your doing a very good job at it.

Got A Season Ticket

Slightly OT but Warrington (or likely semi-final) related - does anyone know when the deadline is for season tocket holders to reserve their seats for the semi? I did have it somewhere but can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Got A Season Ticket

When someone is over confident and thinks they’re the real deal a bit of reality is necessary when they’ve been rubbish for months. He needs a wake up call because I genuinely can’t remember the last time he played well.
    For everyone's sake, never get a job where you manage other people!

I'm sure JH has analysed the things he is doing right/wrong in games and guided him appropriately, rather than just telling him he is "rubbish", which he clearly isn't.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Slightly OT but Warrington (or likely semi-final) related - does anyone know when the deadline is for season tocket holders to reserve their seats for the semi? I did have it somewhere but can't find it.

Thanks in advance.
    The deadline is tomorrow.

General sale Monday.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The deadline is tomorrow.

General sale Monday.
    Thanks YG - I'll get 'em sorted in the morning. Appreciated.

Learning All The Songs

You just haven’t got a clue have you. I’ve come to the conclusion that you must be a wind up merchant, and your doing a very good job at it.
    Don’t bother telling me I don’t have a clue when you’ve just tried to convince me that Richardson has had a good season because he has the ‘most kicks in open play’. A lot of what I say may be worded harshly but the fundamental point behind it is fair. Richardson hasn’t played well for a very long time. Not sure why you can’t see that and I see you didn’t answer the question about when his last good game was.

Learning All The Songs

For everyone's sake, never get a job where you manage other people!

I'm sure JH has analysed the things he is doing right/wrong in games and guided him appropriately, rather than just telling him he is "rubbish", which he clearly isn't.
    Yet again you’ve misquoted me. I’ve not said Holbrook should tell him he’s rubbish. I didn’t even say he is rubbish, I’ve said over the past few months he has been rubbish.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Thanks YG - I'll get 'em sorted in the morning. Appreciated.

No worries. Just sorted mine today for our 5 who sit together. Can’t wait.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He has got much better since a couple of months ago, when I posted a question re whether his kicking had gone off a bit. Since then he has been excellent. He must have read my post and either took notice, or, thought I'll make this poster look stupid.
    Any chance you could praise Daryl Clark before the semi final so he has a stinker against us mate ��.

He had a good start playing in a spine with Barba, Lomax, Roby and Wilkin. That's a good group of players to have along side you.

I think it's been difficult for him over the last couple of weeks though because a. the team has been hit and miss and b. the players inside him and out-side of him have been in mixed form as well for different reasons. Firstly he lost his back rower in Peyroux, then he lost his centre in Ryan Morgan, then there's Ben Barba's situation to go with that as well who is his option out the back so he hasn't had the runners that he had earlier on in the season. We've obviously had injuries of late as well, Jon Wilkin took a lot of the pressure off him earlier on in the season but he started on the bench for a couple of games because we needed LMS to start in the back row so he hasn't had that ball playing option inside him.

I thought he was better against Hull last week and I don't think it's a coincidence that Wilkin played big minutes at 13 and played well. Wilkin takes that pressure off him and free's Richardson up to be a running threat. Next year Joseph Paulo will take that role in the team. At this stage, he needs that alongside him.

The areas he's probably slightly lacking in at the minute are his decision making and his kicking but at 22, he has time to fix it up.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Wire clearing the decks for next year, will that be their year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/45601147

Starting A Programme Collection

It's best to just leave some people to their own opinions sometimes.
    Save your virtual breath.
    Danny's done just fine this year.