Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Warrington away

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Warrington away

warrington away switched to saturday afternoon 3.15 pm kick off.
    Last edited by The villain; 7th September 2018 at 17:55.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Ridiculous.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

SKY rules again,

Commenting on the fixture change, a Super League spokesperson said: “With an exciting culmination to the Super 8s ahead and playoff spots still to be decided, Sky Sports have moved to broadcast games featuring all of the current top six sides as part of a tripleheader of action on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.”
    Read more at https://warringtonwolves.com/saints-...R2fAsPjRS3o.99

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Lets get there and pack out that stand, folks. We beat Warrington and make it 3 from 3 over them this season. It will give us the mental edge for when we meet them at Old Trafford
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

Nice one! Can’t make it now because winter season starts for me next week. Why change it?!
    This wonderful St. Helens OUTFIT

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Lets get there and pack out that stand, folks. We beat Warrington and make it 3 from 3 over them this season. It will give us the mental edge for when we meet them at Old Trafford
    Looking more likely we'll meet them in the Semi than final to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    SKY rules again,

Commenting on the fixture change, a Super League spokesperson said: “With an exciting culmination to the Super 8s ahead and playoff spots still to be decided, Sky Sports have moved to broadcast games featuring all of the current top six sides as part of a tripleheader of action on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.”
    Read more at https://warringtonwolves.com/saints-...R2fAsPjRS3o.99
    Amazing how they make it sound like they are doing us all a favour.

Sure, for the armchair viewer it's a bonus but moving a game at 2 weeks notice is just taking the •••••• out of the fans, and the club, who will have sold corporate and the like for the original night, and another reason why the game cannot be taken seriously.

Can you see this happening in soccer, cricket or rah-rah?

I'm convinced that when Wood and his cronies signed the TV contract they just said to Sky 'Do whatever you want'.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    Amazing how they make it sound like they are doing us all a favour.

Sure, for the armchair viewer it's a bonus but moving a game at 2 weeks notice is just taking the •••••• out of the fans, and the club, who will have sold corporate and the like for the original night, and another reason why the game cannot be taken seriously.

Can you see this happening in soccer, cricket or rah-rah?

I'm convinced that when Wood and his cronies signed the TV contract they just said to Sky 'Do whatever you want'.
    Agree, I got a pm last from a friend who lives in Edinburgh and travels to most Wigan games. He had booked train and hotel for the Huddersfield v Wigan game which was scheduled for Friday 21st September. Sky have rearranged the game for Thursday 20th.
    Normally there are three or four who travel with him
    As a consequence he says that's him finished with the sport, no season tickets etc etc. Very sad really. What's just as infuriating is that Sky have the Cas v Wakey game on the Friday which would cause far less inconvenience to move than the Hudds v Wigan game because of the proximity of the teams involved.

In the end Sky invest a lot of money and before the televised fixtures are announced no one should really make plans that they cannot rearrange.

However I would question why they want to show this game. The focus is currently on the qualifiers and there are some big games that people want to watch.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    In the end Sky invest a lot of money and before the televised fixtures are announced no one should really make plans that they cannot rearrange.

However I would question why they want to show this game. The focus is currently on the qualifiers and there are some big games that people want to watch.

I agree to a certain extent about making plans,etc. But I just don’t see the logic in SKY’s decision. What makes the Huddersfield game a better choice on the Thursday than the other two games? Why place the game with the most travel involved on the least suitable of the 3 TV slots?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I agree to a certain extent about making plans,etc. But I just don’t see the logic in SKY’s decision. What makes the Huddersfield game a better choice on the Thursday than the other two games? Why place the game with the most travel involved on the least suitable of the 3 TV slots?
    It's a major problem with the Super 8's concept. Hopefully if we go to a fourteen team Superleague Sky can then do as they do now in the first twenty three rounds and schedule the Thursday night games. Personally I'd like to see those games got rid of but I guess that won't happen for a while, maybe when a streaming service is available?

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I really wish we'd do away with Thursday night games,it's making us look small time. Any new contract whether it be Sky/BT or whoever we must get rid of Thursdays. I would love Saturday afternoons at 3 o'clock but that wouldn't be good for any amateur players as it would clash with them playing and like it or not we can't clash with PL football it would be nonsensical. I wouldn't mind 7:45 on a Saturday night ok for kids and good excuse for a few pints,I'm sure town pubs would welcome that.

In The South Stand

sky are more interested in bums on settees than bums on stadium seats.

I have got my Catalan flag ready.

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Agree, I got a pm last from a friend who lives in Edinburgh and travels to most Wigan games. He had booked train and hotel for the Huddersfield v Wigan game which was scheduled for Friday 21st September. Sky have rearranged the game for Thursday 20th.
    Normally there are three or four who travel with him
    As a consequence he says that's him finished with the sport, no season tickets etc etc. Very sad really. What's just as infuriating is that Sky have the Cas v Wakey game on the Friday which would cause far less inconvenience to move than the Hudds v Wigan game because of the proximity of the teams involved.
    Is he that ballbag who goes to every game in a kilt and has Scottish Warrior on the back of his shirt. "Oh by the way did I mention I'm scottish"? Every time I see him I think what a tosser

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by UhAhGeorgie Mann View Post
    Is he that ballbag who goes to every game in a kilt and has Scottish Warrior on the back of his shirt. "Oh by the way did I mention I'm scottish"? Every time I see him I think what a tosser
    No, and I've never seen the person you have posted about.

I will just throw this out there, I suspect that the Castleford game in the final round may be televised. So this could also be rearranged.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

So because your Scottish gives you the right to slag someone's dress sense off

Banned

If he's a piescum fan, he is by definition a tosser.

Got A Season Ticket

I had already bought tickets for Liverpool v Southampton - bugger

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by st.david View Post
    I had already bought tickets for Liverpool v Southampton - bugger
    Man after my own heart ... Saints & Liverpool in that order( I mean Saints rugby of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I really wish we'd do away with Thursday night games,it's making us look small time. Any new contract whether it be Sky/BT or whoever we must get rid of Thursdays. I would love Saturday afternoons at 3 o'clock but that wouldn't be good for any amateur players as it would clash with them playing and like it or not we can't clash with PL football it would be nonsensical. I wouldn't mind 7:45 on a Saturday night ok for kids and good excuse for a few pints,I'm sure town pubs would welcome that.

I have always said Saturday evenings would be a good time.

No need (for most people) to rush home from work.
    Child friendly.
    Easier to make a weekend of it for away games. Overnight stay in Leeds/York/Scarborough
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    I have always said Saturday evenings would be a good time.

No need (for most people) to rush home from work.
    Child friendly.
    Easier to make a weekend of it for away games. Overnight stay in Leeds/York/Scarborough
    Clearly not because when Sky had a regular Saturday teatime fixture they were the worst attended games.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Too many other things for families to be doing on a Saturday throughout the summer, not to mention people in late teens, early 20s going on nights out.

I think Friday night is a happy medium, but I wish they would put at least one home game on a Sunday, possibly Catalans as a family day.