Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barba to stand off ?

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

It would certainly be a test of his desire.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I don't want to agree but I have to, my thoughts exactly in the Wigan game we were playing with 12 men and the missing man was the last line of defence, some of Barbas on line efforts have just been his arms brushing on the guy diving over, he ain't gonna stop everything but what about trying to get under the player, clamp the ball, try and stop the grounding...he doesn't want to it seems.
    I'm not bashing Barba I'm just giving my honest opinion. I still hope he bounces back but I can't see it.
    I want nothing more than to see him get back to his earlier form, he was awesome to watch. I just get the feeling that for whatever reason, his heart simply isn't in it at the moment.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    I want nothing more than to see him get back to his earlier form, he was awesome to watch. I just get the feeling that for whatever reason, his heart simply isn't in it at the moment.
    Impossible to say whether you're right or wrong but he hasn't looked fit for a couple of months IMO. Some of his performances of late have been similar to those when he first came into the team last season. He's done some good things and he'll always show some nice touches because of how good a player he is, but what sets him apart is his acceleration and to me, he looks like he's lacking that more than anything else.

If he is, or has been carrying a knock, we need to get him up to speed because we'll need him in a couple of weeks. We're in a unique position really where we've got weeks to prepare for a home semi-final to make a grand-final, everything now should be about that game.

I have no doubt he could play 6 in SL but to go from defending at full back to defending in the halves, particularly at this stage of the season would be a big ask. That right edge is a massive weakness for us at the minute and I'm not sure it's worth swapping players around on the left and changing what we've done all year.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Barba to •••• off, not stand off.
    We have seen the best he has for saints.