Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pies coach

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WIGANER5 View Post
    I know I would disagree but I do, you’re comparing apples to oranges with Edwards and Sir Cunningham. Edwards basically coached the team when he played in it, he’s then gone to Union where’s he’s been a resounding success - go look at all the comments from those in Union, Wales, Wasps fans etc.

We have employed a coach rather than an ex player and that is a big difference.
    I tend to agree about Edwards, he will be coming back knowing a lot more about RL than he did about RU when he started coaching there. Do you think the current exodus and up to now, lack of quality replacements, may be due to having money to spend when Edwards comes in?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I tend to agree about Edwards, he will be coming back knowing a lot more about RL than he did about RU when he started coaching there. Do you think the current exodus and up to now, lack of quality replacements, may be due to having money to spend when Edwards comes in?
    I think the exodus is two things; the first being a refresh of the club as mentioned by Lenagan in yesterday’s conference, including coach, players, media team, backroom staff, the second being players genuinely just wanting to play in the NRL. The latter being understandable but also a bit worrying.

In terms of replacements I’m fairly happy in most cases, but would like to see more people come in next year/2020, not least a seven.

Micky left, Tommy moved to 9
    Tomkins going, Hardaker in
    Bateman going, Greenwood in (moved forward due to Tomkins move being accelerated)
    Sutton going, Bullock in (granted, unproven)

Williams going would be the big loss as then we’d be without a quality six and seven. If we failed to recruit well in those positions it wouldn’t matter who the coach is.

Noooobie

Default Edwards the Messiah

Glad he is coming back with all the skills he has learnt in RU, they can't pass, can't tackle, and aren't fit, great his first job might be to get the pies promoted back to super league after a year with Lamb

Learning All The Songs

Lets hope so !!

Starting A Programme Collection paulx2's Avatar

He'll never arrive. He's a smoke screen for a budget appointment in Lam.

Lam does well and SE and Wigan agree to tear up the contract after RU offer Shaun what he always wanted.......an improved contract.

Lam struggles, the board don't renew his deal but SE has already feathered his own nest with a new RU deal and the Goons ferret around for a replacement........possibly appeasing the fans by appointing lokkers who does a Kevin Sinfield..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paulx2 View Post

Lam does well and SE and Wigan agree to tear up the contract after RU offer Shaun what he always wanted.......an improved contract.

Lam struggles, the board don't renew his deal but SE has already feathered his own nest with a new RU deal and the Goons ferret around for a replacement........possibly appeasing the fans by appointing lokkers who does a Kevin Sinfield..

I hope so. You do know how to make a man happy. You will make someone a good wife.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Exactly what i said further up the thread pal. Its bollocks. ‘Come and get your 3 yr discounted season tickets! Shaun Edwards is coming!!’
    Yeh ok
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Exactly what i said further up the thread pal. Its bollocks. ‘Come and get your 3 yr discounted season tickets! Shaun Edwards is coming!!’
    Yeh ok
    It seemed strange on Golden Point last night, that Lam stated he had not had time to sit down with Lenegan and agree any targets. But, Edwards said he had been given targets/expectations for the following year; though he said it was more to do with style of play. Do you think there is a chance they will cut down no the head high's and knees in the tackle etc?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

It seemed strange on Golden Point last night, that Lam stated he had not had time to sit down with Lenegan and agree any targets. But, Edwards said he had been given targets/expectations for the following year; though he said it was more to do with style of play. Do you think there is a chance they will cut down no the head high's and knees in the tackle etc?
    No don’t be daft they’ll never stop being dirty haha
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Lam already has a NRL deal lined up for 2020 so you’re wrong mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection paulx2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Lam already has a NRL deal lined up for 2020 so you’re wrong mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone has a deal in sport. Doesn't mean they happen.........so Lam has a total nightmare at the Goons and the NRL team still sign him up? Not sure that would happen tbh.

Everyone has a deal in sport. Doesn't mean they happen.........so Lam has a total nightmare at the Goons and the NRL team still sign him up? Not sure that would happen tbh.

No idea what will happen but it is certainly a strange situation. I can understand an assistant taking over for half a season if a new coach is coming in, but appointing a coach for one season, then a longer term one to follow?? Not sure how Lam comes out of this a winner, unless Wigan have more academy lads stepping up next year.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Excellent article re Shaun Edwards from Welsh p.o.v.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...paign=sharebar

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Looks like Sean isn't quite as committed to Wigan as the fans are hoping, perhaps not the return of the messiah after all?

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ckman-sacking/
    Last edited by Saint_Claire; 16th January 2019 at 17:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Looks like Sean isn't quite as committed to Wigan as the fans are hoping, perhaps not the return of the messiah after all? http://https://www.southwalesargus.c...ckman-sacking/
    A bit surprising that, almost seems like he is asking for the Dragons job after the WC. (for me the link did not work)

A bit surprising that, almost seems like he is asking for the Dragons job after the WC. (for me the link did not work)
    Apologies, link fixed now. He's also basically says if Lam does well, he;ll leave him to it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Whatever you think Edwards coming back to RL is big for our game. I hope it happens.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Whatever you think Edwards coming back to RL is big for our game. I hope it happens.
    I know what you;re saying, but the reality is that he has zero experience as an RL coach, and if he did fail miserably he'd be their equivalent of KC.
    Last edited by Saint_Claire; 18th January 2019 at 13:25.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Looks like Sean isn't quite as committed to Wigan as the fans are hoping, perhaps not the return of the messiah after all?

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...ckman-sacking/
    I just get the feeling that Edwards is seeing Union as more attractive and enterprising for his long term future, maybe as he has already mentioned seen being a rugby league coach as a bit of a risk especially with its low profile in world sport.

Got A Season Ticket

I was told yesterday that John merrick is not going back to Wigan.
    Is the managers wage taken out of the salary cap??