Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Club produced players.

Default Club produced players.

Just been looking through the squad, and Im pleased to see how many players we have in the first team who are products of our youth system.

Lomax, Makinson, Percival, Swift, Grace, Knowles, Thompson, Roby and Richardson. All are regular first team starters, and all except Swift, Thompson and Richardson are internationals, (Thompson and Richardson will be soon enough).

Technically you can include Matty Smith, even though he has moved about a bit.

Have we got the most club produced players in Superleague? I can only think of Wigan who may have as many lads who have come through the academy, and maybe not as many either.

Got A Season Ticket

Leeds?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I reckon if we ever had a comp on "club trained" players only we would have the best competitive team and would probably top the table as we are doing at the moment. In fact all the teams from the scholarship, ladies, academy, first team combined are pretty impressive from a whole club perspective. Well done from everyone contributing to the clubs stature and future.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

I think Saints, Wigan and Leeds tend to bring more players through and indirectly produce players for other clubs.

It's no coincidence that, apart from the odd dip, they are three clubs that are usually in the mix for the trophies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I reckon if we ever had a comp on "club trained" players only we would have the best competitive team and would probably top the table as we are doing at the moment. In fact all the teams from the scholarship, ladies, academy, first team combined are pretty impressive from a whole club perspective. Well done from everyone contributing to the clubs stature and future.
    I’d like to see the team Bradford could put out. Certainly be as strong as anyone else in the pack with the Burgess brothers, Whitehead, Bateman and Ferres.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

I think the Magic weekend game should be a "home grown" round where all teams must field at least 13 home grown players.
    Would be a big kick up the backside for those clubs who pay lip service to bringing youngsters through by penalising them in one of the games.

Got A Season Ticket

You could say the same about London, you could easily put a team out of players they produced are are now playing in the North, but we produce players in this country but have no reserve football hinders progress.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I’d like to see the team Bradford could put out. Certainly be as strong as anyone else in the pack with the Burgess brothers, Whitehead, Bateman and Ferres.
    Difference is OP is talking current team you are naming past players. Apples and Oranges.