Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Who Pays For Travel Costs?

Default Who Pays For Travel Costs?

Reading an article re Toronto in Sunday Times (well part article as not prepared to pay subs) about is SL ready for them and all it brings. Apparently Toronto are willing to fund SL teams travel for next 2 years according to a twitter responder. Is that true? And it made me think who funds SL clubs travel to Catalans ? Is it the individual clubs or RFL. Also how are Catalans funded as their travel cost must be enormous. Anyone know? Plus if (a big one but) Toulouse got in as well if clubs fund their own travel some clubs would struggle I guess.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Learning All The Songs

Clubs fund their own travel to Catalans and Catalans get no help either.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Reading an article re Toronto in Sunday Times (well part article as not prepared to pay subs) about is SL ready for them and all it brings. Apparently Toronto are willing to fund SL teams travel for next 2 years according to a twitter responder. Is that true? And it made me think who funds SL clubs travel to Catalans ? Is it the individual clubs or RFL. Also how are Catalans funded as their travel cost must be enormous. Anyone know? Plus if (a big one but) Toulouse got in as well if clubs fund their own travel some clubs would struggle I guess.
    I remember reading a while ago the travel to and from Canada was provided free by the airline. Don't know about Hotel costs. I think a couple of years ago Bernard Guasch chartered a Jet for the season for Cats. I think they subsidise the cost of the jet by selling seats on it to supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I remember reading a while ago the travel to and from Canada was provided free by the airline. Don't know about Hotel costs. I think a couple of years ago Bernard Guasch chartered a Jet for the season for Cats. I think they subsidise the cost of the jet by selling seats on it to supporters.
    Toronto have also provided accommodation and food for visiting teams although I remember reading a complaint by one club that the quality of both had fallen compared with last year and the location was no longer as convenient. Might be a case of sour grapes and not just as far as the food is concerned.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Toronto have also provided accommodation and food for visiting teams although I remember reading a complaint by one club that the quality of both had fallen compared with last year and the location was no longer as convenient. Might be a case of sour grapes and not just as far as the food is concerned.
    Did the complaining club lose.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Yes, there was quite a lot of complaints from visiting teams on the poor accommodation on offer, if they get into super league the improved standard would have to be quite substantial, don't think our players would accept "army barracks" "dormitories", "YMCA" quality after travelling 3500 miles.

Learning All The Songs

thought visiting teams stayed at a University campus

Didn't seem to have any effect on Fev yesterday as they beat Toronto 30-12 on their own middin

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Did the complaining club lose.
    Unless it was Featherstone this weekend the answer is YES
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain