Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble for Saints?

Learning All The Songs

Some on Facebook are saying the fan having a go was trying to protect kids and the cheerleaders.

Got A Season Ticket

He was totally out of order but shouldn't be banned. It's not like he went onto field and it was heat of the moment after Barba was needlessly slammed face first by Lineham. Also the young girls were almost trampled by the pushing and shoving. Childs incompetence was already winding the players up and fans are hard pushed not to react when it all kicks off in front of them, not saying its acceptable but he shouldn't be banned. Even JH was a lot more animated than usual at the refereeing or lack of.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Some on Facebook are saying the fan having a go was trying to protect kids and the cheerleaders.
    I doubt that massively. The pair of them were idiots, running down to confront players when they are obviously going to be shown on TV. If anything they should both be banned for stupidity, one of them was only young as well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    What was Kev Browns beef with Danny Richardson? It looked like Richardson tried to break it up, Brown just runs in attacking him. Unless i missed something.
    I think Richardson said "you are past it, I'm the future"

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Perhaps Danny Rich told him to wind his neck in.
    Or suggested he phone home....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saint_claire View Post
    or suggested he phone home....

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Perhaps Danny Rich told him to wind his neck in.
    He’s still winding it in...

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by MiddSaint View Post
    He’s still winding it in...
    Gets stuck on his ears!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Don re: the penalty against BMM . Just watched a re-run BMM intentionally tried to injure
    young Thompson with a dangerous shoulder to the face . He should have been sent off .
    Disgraceful challenge you are spot on should have been sent off.. Should be charged be disciplinary committee, we shall see.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Let's just look at what happened in the cold light of day here before anyone does anything.Ball had gone out of play Lineham tips up Barba and almost spears his head into the ground,Barba complains and Lineham puts his head into Barba assisted by Rathcford pushing Barba towards the fence and all the Warrington team join in followed by the Saints lads. Three of the cheerleader girls are sat by the fence in obvious danger at this point.

Sky's commentary interpretation was a disgrace (just watched it). Lineham should have been sin-binned at least. Childs was not helped by his partially sighted linesman who missed almost everything for most of the game.

What exactly did the fan do to warrant any action apart from 'comment' to a Warrington player he barely touched him. If he upset BMM then suites me because a minute later BMM gives the penalty away.

The situation was completely caused by the actions of the Warrington players who had an agenda throughout the game.

Chris Hill is a poor captain as he was involved in most of the handbags and verbals.
    Totally agree with your comments about the incident on the pitch Don.
    However, a fan running to the sidelines - whether he stays off the pitch or not - and touching a player - is out of order totally.
    It was a flashpoint on the pitch during a high intensity game; what if one of the Warrington players had reacted and "done a Cantona?"
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Totally agree with your comments about the incident on the pitch Don.
    However, a fan running to the sidelines - whether he stays off the pitch or not - and touching a player - is out of order totally.
    It was a flashpoint on the pitch during a high intensity game; what if one of the Warrington players had reacted and "done a Cantona?"
    Then the fan would be in hospital and it would be his own fault.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddSaint View Post
    Then the fan would be in hospital and it would be his own fault.
    That's hardly the point though is it??
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stobartmassive View Post
    Probably a kopite, so no doubt he’ll blame someone else
    Not a nice comment to make.

Noooobie

Could take a while.... GOOD CALL!!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    There was no potshots - one fan aimed a pathetic push at Godwin.

As for Richardson, he said the ref allowed Warrington to get away with things and Holbrook also said they played a certain way which wasn't good to watch.
    I think Danny will be all good, he actually said Warrington came with a plan and were allowed to get away with it. Would be difficult for anyone to do him for blaming ref based on that.

Noooobie

I thought BMM was the one on Barba initially, my bad massively embarrassed as I'm sure you can imagine. Also they were all trampling over the cheerleaders thats I came running down, tried to apologise on FB to fans and to stewards after the game, but just got slated as I deserve tbh. Can't do anything now but apologise for my actions and any disrepute I've caused

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Exactly! Not my place and again apologise for the millionth time, nothing else I can do now after the fact

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by St. Bernard View Post
    He was totally out of order but shouldn't be banned. It's not like he went onto field and it was heat of the moment after Barba was needlessly slammed face first by Lineham. Also the young girls were almost trampled by the pushing and shoving. Childs incompetence was already winding the players up and fans are hard pushed not to react when it all kicks off in front of them, not saying its acceptable but he shouldn't be banned. Even JH was a lot more animated than usual at the refereeing or lack of.
    Thank you, I know I could have made the situation worse but that wasn't my intention in the slightest, anyway before I get berated again g'night

Got A Season Ticket

Supporters however heated a match gets should Not! get involved with players, that is something we don't want to see in our game, reports or an incident outside the ground with women supporters and bad language to players with their children, that again is not needed, sometimes we can far too easily defend incidents whatever Club it may be.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I thought they were close to the cheerleaders at the time, however having watched it on Sky they're a good few yards away and had plenty of time to move if they wanted, in fact they were giggling as it happened

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Supporters however heated a match gets should Not! get involved with players, that is something we don't want to see in our game, reports or an incident outside the ground with women supporters and bad language to players with their children, that again is not needed, sometimes we can far too easily defend incidents whatever Club it may be.
    Unless your an old woman with an umbrella.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Oh how times change. In contrast to the woman who went on to the pitch with a brolly in the sixties and was deemed somewhat an hero for clobbering an opposition player. Not condoning physical abuse of players by speccies by the way.

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Parrer View Post
    Unless your an old woman with an umbrella.
    Minnie Cotton
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/66121367@N06/12257422555
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofeHearted View Post
    Haha, the legend,the great Minnie, grew up with her grandson. Saints through and through.