Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lets not take anything away from the ref

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I don't think Childs ever thought he was giving us a match winning opportunity awarding us a penalty in our own half at the death. He was just evening up the penalty count (I think we actually got one more, but most of ours were when Warrington were repeatedly offending on their try line, at least three times in one attack, whatever happened to team warnings? If I remember correctly, whereas theirs gained them yardage downfield and were the only way they got near our line in the first half.). I'll bet he was gutted when we actually snatched victory from what he thought would be a drawn game at that stage.
    One of those 3 was on the first tackle and I think the other was sort of halfway through the 6. I remember at the time thinking he was really giving us nothing with those 3; particularly with us being behind at the time. And, as you say no team warning.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

He called Roby and Hill over and warned them about players running in and getting involved and how He was going to sort it next time. Minutes later Hill runs in and starts playing the hard man Result Zero the clown did NOTHING. A complete and utter joke of a referee or should I say NON referee.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Who was the video ref last night?
    Unbelievable that he awarded their try when the ball clearly wasn't played properly.
    We all know that the majority aren't played properly during the general play if a match, but for the video ref to flagrantly ignore the laws of the game to adjudicate on a try that had been referred surely warrants comment?
    That was my big beef on the night. Might as well throw the rule book away. To add insult to injury we got pinged for an incorrect ptb later in the game!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    One of those 3 was on the first tackle and I think the other was sort of halfway through the 6. I remember at the time thinking he was really giving us nothing with those 3; particularly with us being behind at the time. And, as you say no team warning.
    Bob on, think we got three penalties on the first or second tackle five yards from wires line..

Basically just an extra tackle

Noooobie

edit

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    He made some bad calls but I do think Roby needs some coaching on how to get into the ref when they are so terrible. Even Barba at one point decided enough was enough and decided to talk to childs.

You don't have to be rude, but in situations like that a sinfield or Lee Briers would have stopped the game for 1 or 2 minutes to point out the catalogue of poor calls.
    He could get all the coaching in the world but it would be a complete waste of time. Ref's like Childs speak to players like they're 5 years old. They demand respect of the players, make them listen to what they are saying and then wave them away and run off before the players can have a chance to respond. Thaler is the worst for it but Childs does it week in week out.