Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge Cup Semi.

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Good. Might spare Saints a few injuries. Grub. Gigot is doubtful with an ankle injury but expect a miracle recovery!
    Read that he was on “light duties” at training today

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Anybody know whether you can get a pass out of the stadium and come back in.
    No, definitely not seen it in black and white today.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    This is why I'd select Lees for this game. He'd be an effective counter to Catalans skullduggery. He runs hard and looks to hurt in the tackle. For me he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I can't understand why Catalans still generate so much goodwill. They are the worst in the League for sh!thousery and the likes of Bird, Gigot etc are hard to watch with their various antics.
    So you think a not fully developed 20 year old is going to knock Catalans out of their stride or stop them them from making the game a scrap? I hope you’re taking the •••• with the him being one of the first names as well, not the game for an inexperienced 20 year old who has a tendency to be over aggressive and give away soft penalties. Lees looks good and should be a good player for us but I wouldn’t play him Sunday.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    So you think a not fully developed 20 year old is going to knock Catalans out of their stride or stop them them from making the game a scrap? I hope you’re taking the •••• with the him being one of the first names as well, not the game for an inexperienced 20 year old who has a tendency to be over aggressive and give away soft penalties. Lees looks good and should be a good player for us but I wouldn’t play him Sunday.
    Given the injury to Peyroux he'll be on the bench I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

I think Lees will be exactly the type of physical player needed for Sunday. He looked 'developed' when he sat Tautai on his backside. The only thing he needs to focus on is discipline. A top prospect and I've not seen a nastier looking forward at such an age for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    So Tierney and Yaha will be their wingers
    To be fair Broughton hasn’t been getting in the team lately. His game against Wigan was his first for a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noooobie

i am looking for a spare ticket for a mate of mine, anywhere in the ground .. and yes he is a plonker!!

Learning All The Songs

Thats exactly what he could do - Rattled a much bigger man in Tautai, completely knocked him off his game with a big hit which led to an error in his very next carry because he was looking where the defender was coming from.
    Thompson & Walmsley aside our props are pretty passive in the tackle. When was the last time you saw Douglas or Amor stop someone dead in their tracks or knock them backwards ?

Moa & Bousquet are very much in the Tautai mould in that they have plenty of errors in them. Personally it wouldn't bother me if Lees gave away a few penalties if he can put himself about and put pressure on these 2 guys with a few big hits.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by twinwillow View Post
    i am looking for a spare ticket for a mate of mine, anywhere in the ground .. and yes he is a plonker!!
    Latest ticket update, get your skates on.

https://twitter.com/TheChallengeCup/...77224657784832

In case you don't know... you can't take food & drink into the ground this Sunday (confirmed by the Stadium staff). Onsite car parking is £10.

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    In case you don't know... you can't take food & drink into the ground this Sunday (confirmed by the Stadium staff). Onsite car parking is £10.
    So all the RL stuff many do week in week out goes out of the window for pure profit. Why have the RFL not sorted this like they do at the MW and allow people to bring in their food etc. Funny how none of these restrictions where not mentioned before tickets were sold. People will be going with kids etc. I f###### hate the RFL.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by volls_dad View Post
    I will be snickered before i get in the ground. Also, ive got food covered too. Im gonna stock up with butties and crisp from Tesco and disguise them as a genital prolapse with 48” waist cords on. If anyone wants nibbles im in I block.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I will be snickered before i get in the ground. Also, ive got food covered too. Im gonna stock up with butties and crisp from Tesco and disguise them as a genital prolapse with 48” waist cords on. If anyone wants nibbles im in I block.
    Post of the season

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Post of the season
    You think im kidding
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Thats exactly what he could do - Rattled a much bigger man in Tautai, completely knocked him off his game with a big hit which led to an error in his very next carry because he was looking where the defender was coming from.
    Thompson & Walmsley aside our props are pretty passive in the tackle. When was the last time you saw Douglas or Amor stop someone dead in their tracks or knock them backwards ?

Moa & Bousquet are very much in the Tautai mould in that they have plenty of errors in them. Personally it wouldn't bother me if Lees gave away a few penalties if he can put himself about and put pressure on these 2 guys with a few big hits.
    That wasn’t just Lees and Tautai makes Moa and Bousquet look like the best props in the world - he’s dreadful. I don’t have a problem if Lees plays but I’d rather not run the risk of him racking up penalties or getting sin binned/sent off and he certainly wouldn’t be one of the first names on the team sheet. Whilst I agree that Amor and Douglas aren’t the most aggressive or powerful they’re experienced, solid enough and don’t make a great deal of errors which is what is needed, rather than a 20 year still adapting. Like I say though I don’t mind Lees playing, he’s clearly a good player but it just wouldn’t be my preference.

I thought Lees and Ashworth showed up well against wigan.
    The latter being unlucky not to keep his place against Wire.

They worked well as a pair coming on as interchange.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I would have Knowles starting for Peyroux and Ashworth taking his bench spot. I’d rather have the mobility of a back row on the bench for when Wilkin has a rest than have 3 props and Fages.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    Thompson & Walmsley aside our props are pretty passive in the tackle. When was the last time you saw Douglas or Amor stop someone dead in their tracks or knock them backwards?.
    Both players regularly stop the opposition in their tracks but usually as part of a 2 man tackle like it should be down the middle. Neither are the type to look for the big hit, I can’t recall either doing so since Leeds at home 2 seasons ago when Amor annihilated Hardaker on his own goal line and scored from the resulting knock on.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    So all the RL stuff many do week in week out goes out of the window for pure profit. Why have the RFL not sorted this like they do at the MW and allow people to bring in their food etc. Funny how none of these restrictions where not mentioned before tickets were sold. People will be going with kids etc. I f###### hate the RFL.
    When I spoke to the staff at the Macron they said the decision not to allow food and drink from outside the stadium to be brought in was made by the RFL due to security reasons, I don't suppose it has anything to do with The stadium struggling financially.

Quote Originally Posted by westerner View Post
    When I spoke to the staff at the Macron they said the decision not to allow food and drink from outside the stadium to be brought in was made by the RFL due to security reasons, I don't suppose it has anything to do with The stadium struggling financially.
    Not doubting what you were told, but seems strange it’s not an issue at all at MW where you can come and go as you please with food etc and go in and out. The RFL are taking a percentage of food sales in that case. Security is a smoke screen. To me it just says F### You fans.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

At the last MW held in Manchester you couldn’t take food or drink in. I took my then 14 y.o. Son and 3 of his mates. Having paid for the tickets and driven there, they all had their own food and snacks. As we were going in, security doing searches started confiscating all their food and bottles. I objected and was told to hand it over or you don’t get in. Told the lads to keep hold of it and we had to eat it all before going in.
    Very poor, so haven’t been since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noooobie

Good morning,

Unfortunately no food or drink can be brought into the stadium.

However we will have kiosks open for food and drink.

From stadium itself.

Kind regards,
    Katherine
    Stadium reception

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I think Lees will be exactly the type of physical player needed for Sunday. He looked 'developed' when he sat Tautai on his backside. The only thing he needs to focus on is discipline. A top prospect and I've not seen a nastier looking forward at such an age for a while.
    I think he's going to be an outstanding front rower.

Speaking of front rowers, this is probably completely irrational, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Walmsley might be making an appearance this weekend. It's gone strangely quiet about his scan, and I'm sure I remember at one point the semi being mentioned as a target for his comeback. This may be my imagination running away with me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think he's going to be an outstanding front rower.

Speaking of front rowers, this is probably completely irrational, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Walmsley might be making an appearance this weekend. It's gone strangely quiet about his scan, and I'm sure I remember at one point the semi being mentioned as a target for his comeback. This may be my imagination running away with me, though.
    I'd imagine it is your imagination.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'd imagine it is your imagination.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    But that could be your imagination running away with you.