Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 19 man squad v Warrington

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I don’t understand why officials would deliberately try to even any games up. Why would they do that? I can accept they have a bad game and even that they are consistently bad. I think it evens up over a season and I don’t buy any anti Saints bias. I don’t usually wear a tin foil hat either
    I don't think I was implying anti Saints bias. What I am implying is that the SKY paymasters want a close end to the season and every match counting (as opposed to every minute). If one team is allowed to walk away with it, they aren't happy. Hence the "evening up" of penalties, "rub of the green" to the underdogs, etc, etc. We have won a number of matches that were nowhere near as close as the score lines suggest. If you've seen them, I am sure you agree? Would a tin hat suit you? Not really the weather for it!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Clubs do there own player stats to measure performance, I think they should also do one for referee inconsistencies on fundamental issues, if a ref ignores an incorrect play the ball for one side but penalises the other, ignores an obvious off side but penalises the other, ignores an obvious head tackle but ignores the other etc etc.

We are not talking "grey areas" here but incompetency to the point of "bias corruption", a rugby league coach will do his homework on the weakness and strengths of referees and adjust the game plan to suit. Refs will have bad games but the general feeling is that the RFL give a lot of tolerance to the officials because they are completely incapable of raising the standard.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I don't think I was implying anti Saints bias. What I am implying is that the SKY paymasters want a close end to the season and every match counting (as opposed to every minute). If one team is allowed to walk away with it, they aren't happy. Hence the "evening up" of penalties, "rub of the green" to the underdogs, etc, etc. We have won a number of matches that were nowhere near as close as the score lines suggest. If you've seen them, I am sure you agree? Would a tin hat suit you? Not really the weather for it!
    I agree that we’ve been the best team in the league by quite some way. I get the impression that we agree that Sky’s involvement in the game has been a mixed blessing to say the least. Every match counting is an oxymoron, it’s certainly moronic in any case. They don’t and never will in my view. Do I look good in a tin hat? Well, sadly George Clooney I ain’t!