Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Saints V Wakey Squad

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I think that is possibly why Sheffield’s team for the game against Toulouse tomorrow looks like a Saints A team - Matty Smith ,Swift, Costello, Ashworth, Fozzard all play. I think some of these will be used in the next four weeks for the first team.
    Pretty sure that Fozard hasn’t been on Saints’ books since 2016.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    We have lost two games all season. Our games against top teams should and are tougher because they are the teams in form as well. The great thing about this team is we are finding ways to win when things are not going well. Last night and against Leeds were perfect examples. I prefer to see we have that ability than to romp home 30 points clear every week. Because at the seasons end we might need a come from behind performance.
    You can struggle in games and still win, which has been the case in 3 of our last 4. Wakefield and Leeds aren’t top sides as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    We need to win a maximum of 7 from 11 to guarantee top and 6 from 11 for a home semi. That’s assuming we maintain the points difference and Wigan and/or Wire win every remaining game, which is clearly unlikely
    We cannot afford to take our foot off the pedal, crack on, because the rest will be going for it, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    We cannot afford to take our foot off the pedal, crack on, because the rest will be going for it, thats for sure.
    I agree

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

We need to win a maximum of 7 from 11 to guarantee top and 6 from 11 for a home semi. That’s assuming we maintain the points difference and Wigan and/or Wire win every remaining game, which is clearly unlikely
    I reckon the super 8's will be a different kettle of fish, we have been fortunate that we have played quite a lot of teams with injuries whilst ourselves have been reasonably healthy. In the 8's I reckon a few teams will start to get players back and we will have to be more consistent in our performances, we've not really had many games where we have played to full potential for say 70 to 80 mins.

Hopefully we might get big Alex at the back end of the 8's, my biggest worry is our half backs those two are getting clobbered every week and could get a bit jaded at the business end, might be time to give Matty a game shortly.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

We just look under powered in the forwards at the moment
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Yep, agreed. Missing our two frontline props is always going to leave us short for periods in the match. We are doing well to overcome it

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Spot on, Don.
    I said when we lost Walmsley that we would get away with it against most teams but that a couple of teams would trouble us in the forwards. Namely Cas, Hull and Wigan. I never considered Wakefield though. They have some big men and really pushed us on Friday. Credit to them.
    We need Walmsley back ASAP. Ive never been one of Amors biggest fans but we missed him Friday too.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

That's been my concern since the Hull at home in the cup.

Learning All The Songs

Wigan play Wolves this week so they can't both win every remaining game!