Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next 2 games

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    If we make players stick to one nation then no half decent English player with any ambition would play for any of the other home nations. The current system is in place precisely because it leads to stronger 'second tier' nations (as evidenced in the recent world cup).
    I understand the rules, I'm just pointing out that I don't agree with them. For me, creating an international game where players only want to play for the big three is pointless.

Imagine the Wales Football Team if Bale or Giggs played for England for most of their career and Wales when they could be arsed. They'd be nowhere near where they are now.

How do we expect any genuine Welsh, Irish or Scottish fans to get behind a team that is basically being used as a 'tier one nation reserve team'.

It should be about having pride in the shirt that you're representing and sticking to it.

Money needs to be invested into these 'tier two nations' to actually help them compete. Proper international teams is the only way we'll compete on a global stage.

The America team needs to be the same. No yank is going to turn up to watch a load of washed up Aussies wearing the stars and stripes. Same goes for the Canada team.

That's my 2 pence worth anyway. I get the eligibility laws, I just think they're flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by StillInTesco View Post
    I understand the rules, I'm just pointing out that I don't agree with them. For me, creating an international game where players only want to play for the big three is pointless.

Imagine the Wales Football Team if Bale or Giggs played for England for most of their career and Wales when they could be arsed. They'd be nowhere near where they are now.

How do we expect any genuine Welsh, Irish or Scottish fans to get behind a team that is basically being used as a 'tier one nation reserve team'.

It should be about having pride in the shirt that you're representing and sticking to it.

Money needs to be invested into these 'tier two nations' to actually help them compete. Proper international teams is the only way we'll compete on a global stage.

The America team needs to be the same. No yank is going to turn up to watch a load of washed up Aussies wearing the stars and stripes. Same goes for the Canada team.

That's my 2 pence worth anyway. I get the eligibility laws, I just think they're flawed.
    I agree with this.
    It’s interesting to see however, that a large number of Southern Hemisphere players that have previously- or would in the future- played for Australia or New Zealand are now choosing to commit to their proper home nations. Samoa. PNG, Fiji, Cook Islands, etc. Are coming into their own, and improving on the international stage. If this continues, we may find the playing field levels out.
    It may be that as this progresses, we will in future actually play against Australia, not a conglomerate of Aus. and any Southern Hemisphere players they decide are Aus. by any rule they feel fits.
    The emergence of the international teams in Pacific nations may we’ll be as a result of this happening previously so the sport overall has benefitted by this, but it does seem the players are now looking to play for their real nations. I think in Europe we may see a similar outcome in the future, where Welsh, Scottish and Irish players will want to play for their home nation, and the international game will grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

I'm afraid you're going to have to sit on the naughty step fella as you have disagreed with the board communists. I'd expect a knock at the door and a cell next to Tommy Robinson next week.

Northern and southern hemisphere are polar opposites atm. The annoying thing regarding the Southern Hemisphere is that if every player played for their country of birth and said country had regular game time we would be able to half a half decent (not perfect) international game. Problem is Australia and NZ pick the best of the island nations and subsequently leave them weaker.

T

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That’s all fair enough, but I was responding to your suggestion that if we had stricter rules ‘we might have some decent home nations’. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, I feel pretty sure that if we had stricter rules we’d have weaker home nations (and a much less competitive Fiji, Tonga and Samoa).