Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scummy saints fans 2

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

I recall years ago to an international match at Old Trafford and whilst you could buy beer in bars under the stand you couldn't take it to the seats or terraces.
    I think it was the same at Wembley.

If these people can't behave responsibly that's possibly a solution.

It spoils it for other people but that is often the way of things.

I don't drink is the overriding issue here. It's just a pure lack of respect from small minded idiots that want to look edgy when in reality they are just cowards hiding in a group mentality. They are unapologetic on social media without a drink in them

It seems that you can't be successful on the pitch without these types coming out of the woodwork temporarily before disappearing again when we have a few barren years

I'll be honest I've been absolutely sh1tfaced on the terraces many, many times but I've never felt the need to treat my fellow supporters like dirt. The drink brings it out of them but it's got to be in them in the first place

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

They should all go back to the races.

Seriously though stop it or don't go.
    Learned comment from The Don

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    I recall years ago to an international match at Old Trafford and whilst you could buy beer in bars under the stand you couldn't take it to the seats or terraces.
    I think it was the same at Wembley.

If these people can't behave responsibly that's possibly a solution.

It spoils it for other people but that is often the way of things.
    There is the answer. No drink allowed in the seating area or on the terraces. If you want a drink have it pre or post match on the concourses or in the bars. Anyone throwing anything into the crowd or on the ground, ban them It's a total lack of respect for other people.
    If you were throwing bottles, smoke bombs etc outside the ground you would be arrested. Why is it ok inside?

Got A Season Ticket

watching the reaction to harry kane scoring the winner up and down the country on sky sports news this morning throwing your drink over each other seems to be the in celebration

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    watching the reaction to harry kane scoring the winner up and down the country on sky sports news this morning throwing your drink over each other seems to be the in celebration
    I noticed that, its a bit of an OTT reaction considering who they were playing.

I hope the NHS have got guidance counsellors on hand for when England get knocked out, I don't think some of those lads will be able to cope with the emotional trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I don't drink is the overriding issue here. It's just a pure lack of respect from small minded idiots that want to look edgy when in reality they are just cowards hiding in a group mentality. They are unapologetic on social media without a drink in them

It seems that you can't be successful on the pitch without these types coming out of the woodwork temporarily before disappearing again when we have a few barren years

I'll be honest I've been absolutely sh1tfaced on the terraces many, many times but I've never felt the need to treat my fellow supporters like dirt. The drink brings it out of them but it's got to be in them in the first place
    I'm same. In fact, I very rarely buy a drink in the ground as I've usually had enough beforehand.

I feel a bit sorry for Zeb's wife to be honest. She has enough concern watching her husband play a very physical sport week in week out. I've said some things in the heat of the moment on the terraces & my language has been a bit choice but chucking a bottle full of ale, nah. That's ridiculous. Not one of my mates or the people I go the games with would do that, I am certain.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    There is the answer. No drink allowed in the seating area or on the terraces. If you want a drink have it pre or post match on the concourses or in the bars. Anyone throwing anything into the crowd or on the ground, ban them It's a total lack of respect for other people.
    If you were throwing bottles, smoke bombs etc outside the ground you would be arrested. Why is it ok inside?
    I agree 100% drinking should only be allowed in the bars , not in the spectator areas .

Easy to say ban drink within sight of the playing field. However, the reality is we are involved in a sport that isn't exactly awash with cash. Bars will be an important revenue stream to each club.
    It's also punishing the majority for the actions of the few.

I only occasionally have a beer on the ground and it doesn't bother me but more than one angle to consider.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Easy to say ban drink within sight of the playing field. However, the reality is we are involved in a sport that isn't exactly awash with cash. Bars will be an important revenue stream to each club.
    It's also punishing the majority for the actions of the few.

I only occasionally have a beer on the ground and it doesn't bother me but more than one angle to consider.
    I'm like you in that I very rarely have a drink during the game. There are a minority who drink at that time anyway . Just ban/close the bars while the game is on and don't allow fans to drink on the terraces or in the stands. If you want a beer have one before, at half time or after the game, it's hardly an inconvenience to miss 80 minutes of drinking is it?
    I'd guess that ones causing the problem aren't just having one at the game.

Btw it's not just aimed at Saints fans, it's happened at a couple of Wigan away games this season.

Got A Season Ticket

Whilst I agree that not being able to drink in the stand would probably improve things a bit it would be a shame for it to happen. Whether or not I drink at the game depends on if I drive or not (I usually drive from Leeds to home and try and get the train to most away games) so it’s not like I can’t go the game without having a drink but it does add to the enjoyment factor for myself.

In some football stadiums for certain matches there is no alcohol allowed in the away section, I think not allowing alcohol in view of the pitch in the away stand is more likely to come in at individual venues rather than a complete national ban. I cant say I’ve seen many instances of people complaining about fan behaviour at home games and I stand in the West Terrace (I know there was that group a couple of seasons back but think they’ve been dealt with now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I'm like you in that I very rarely have a drink during the game. There are a minority who drink at that time anyway . Just ban/close the bars while the game is on and don't allow fans to drink on the terraces or in the stands. If you want a beer have one before, at half time or after the game, it's hardly an inconvenience to miss 80 minutes of drinking is it?
    I'd guess that ones causing the problem aren't just having one at the game.

Btw it's not just aimed at Saints fans, it's happened at a couple of Wigan away games this season.
    I think it would be a real shame if the behaviour of a small number of d***heads meant that nobody could watch the game with a pint if they wanted to.
    Last edited by Dux; 19th June 2018 at 15:57.

Default Zeb's wife

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm same. In fact, I very rarely buy a drink in the ground as I've usually had enough beforehand.

I feel a bit sorry for Zeb's wife to be honest. She has enough concern watching her husband play a very physical sport week in week out. I've said some things in the heat of the moment on the terraces & my language has been a bit choice but chucking a bottle full of ale, nah. That's ridiculous. Not one of my mates or the people I go the games with would do that, I am certain.
    Zeb's wife should sue the culprit(s), you wouldn't stand for it outside the stadium so why would you within? If they watched it on telly in their own house would they chuck a pint at the screen? No, not unless they are even greater morons than we're lead to believe. Families won't bring their children to games if they think they'll get hurt, and other fans might not bother in the future if it becomes a regular occurence. Stewards should eject the hooligans and perhaps then more folk will turn up in future games if they know sad and pathetic behaviour will be punished with bans and evictions from the game.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Saint View Post
    I was stood directly behind Taias wife who got hit full on the back of the head with a bottle of ale. She was holding the back of her head and was in tears. His two little girls were sat on the step in front of me and it affected them too. Pure idiots that do this with no regard for other people's safety or feelings. Thought Taia was quite diplomatic in his mention of it because I bet he was seething. This kind of behaviour gives us genuine supporters a bad name.
    Did anyone confront whoever threw it? It's one thing posting online but surely at a ground like Headingley someone must have been able to identify whoever it was and make something of it at the time.

I don't know what the answer is because it's been going on for a long time now, I remember a game at Wigan maybe 6/7 years ago where someone on here was underneath it. I don't know what the CCTV situation is, there are stewards looking over the stands. I don't really drink at away games because I'm usually driving but it would be ashame to ban alcohol because of a couple of idiots. It's a wider problem than just Saints though, I've seen TV games before where there's a link to the camera behind the sticks and you can see stuff being thrown.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Speaks volumes and it seems that such moronic behaviour, unfortunately, is more prevalent in our game.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by antwnsaint View Post
    Zeb's wife should sue the culprit(s), you wouldn't stand for it outside the stadium so why would you within? If they watched it on telly in their own house would they chuck a pint at the screen? No, not unless they are even greater morons than we're lead to believe. Families won't bring their children to games if they think they'll get hurt, and other fans might not bother in the future if it becomes a regular occurence. Stewards should eject the hooligans and perhaps then more folk will turn up in future games if they know sad and pathetic behaviour will be punished with bans and evictions from the game.
    Don`t think Zeb`s wife can sue the culprit, she can get them charged legally, any monetary claims are from the club`s insurance I think.
    If she sue`s the club expect higher ticket prices, we all pay for a few idiots. There is no debate here, throwing a plastic vessel with liquid in it is an assault, the excuse of young fellas not knowing the outcome/consequences does not stack up unless the said persons are breathing but brain dead.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Did anyone see the clips on the news of the England world cup game when we scored the winner?

Pubs serving in plastic glasses, when it went in everyone in the pub started throwing ale and glasses everywhere.

What a waste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Don`t think Zeb`s wife can sue the culprit, she can get them charged legally, any monetary claims are from the club`s insurance I think.
    If she sue`s the club expect higher ticket prices, we all pay for a few idiots. There is no debate here, throwing a plastic vessel with liquid in it is an assault, the excuse of young fellas not knowing the outcome/consequences does not stack up unless the said persons are breathing but brain dead.
    Antwnsaint is right. She could, in theory, sue the culprit if s/he can be identified. Assault is both a civil wrong (tort) and a criminal offence. Civil assault is not straightforward to prove but she could claim, in the alternative, that she suffered as a result of the culprit’s negligence, another civil wrong.

If the person who threw the bottle can be identified, it might be best dealt with by the police unless, of course, Mrs Taia is generous enough to let the club deal with it by way of a ban.

What concerns me is how Zeb and his wife feel about this. He came to play for Saints and his family came with him only for some mindless “fan”to hurt and scare the living daylights out of his wife. If the person concerned has anything about them they should apologise and accept their punishment.

I don’t understand why bottles were allowed in the ground. Aren’t plastic glasses allowed because they are supposed to empty if thrown? If a bottle is thrown, it retains liquid and is dangerous even if it’s made of plastic.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Too much ale, and not enough worldly experience to understand the possible consequences of their actions.
    ???
    Last edited by Mr Snuffleupagus; 20th June 2018 at 07:00.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Antwnsaint is right. She could, in theory, sue the culprit if s/he can be identified. Assault is both a civil wrong (tort) and a criminal offence. Civil assault is not straightforward to prove but she could claim, in the alternative, that she suffered as a result of the culprit’s negligence, another civil wrong.

If the person who threw the bottle can be identified, it might be best dealt with by the police unless, of course, Mrs Taia is generous enough to let the club deal with it by way of a ban.

What concerns me is how Zeb and his wife feel about this. He came to play for Saints and his family came with him only for some mindless “fan”to hurt and scare the living daylights out of his wife. If the person concerned has anything about them they should apologise and accept their punishment.

I don’t understand why bottles were allowed in the ground. Aren’t plastic glasses allowed because they are supposed to empty if thrown? If a bottle is thrown, it retains liquid and is dangerous even if it’s made of plastic.
    Thanks for that, I remember watching a documentary on Hillsborough that also referenced Heysel, which said the duty of care is on the "venue" for libel but violent acts can be prosecuted through the justice system. I thought that the same still applies nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post

Without trying to sound like I know someone when I don't, as Zeb's wife was standing with the away fans, rather than in the box/corporate speaks volumes for me. Pity she's had such a negative experience.

Zeb deserves a lot of credit for his post on Twitter? too. But he must have been fuming. If that had been my partner, I'd had have lost my raq, I know I would.

Starting A Programme Collection paulx2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    They don't give a damn. I can understand drink going up in the air but these lot don't do that and get covered themselves, no they launch it down the stand.
    Yep, that's the issue......deliberately launched forward on to their own fans.......very odd behaviour and hope they get gobbed by someone bigger and less cowardly.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Looks like they listened to us all.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/...s/?ref=mr&lp=1

Well done Saints. Lets hope they are good to their word and act on it.

Got A Replica Shirt

paying £4 a pint i am gutted if i spill any.