Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Morgan

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Ryan Morgan

Just like to mention Ryan Morgan I think he's been excellent since he's come back in. Hope he stays on next season.

He gets less than half the ball Percy does but is scoring and making significant plays.

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    Just like to mention Ryan Morgan I think he's been excellent since he's come back in. Hope he stays on next season.

He gets less than half the ball Percy does but is scoring and making significant plays.
    Scored 11 tries and was out for 6 matches I think. Could have been up with Percy and Barba as leading try scorers. Also, unlucky at the end with the offload to Tommy, would have been a great try.
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

He looks a lot tougher and stronger, could have scored another instead of passing behind Makinson.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He looks a lot tougher and stronger, could have scored another instead of passing behind Makinson.
    Yes i thought that, im sure he would have made it if he'd kept the ball. Would've been spectacular if it came off though

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Yes i thought that, im sure he would have made it if he'd kept the ball. Would've been spectacular if it came off though

Me too, thought he should have chanced his arm and tried to go over.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Got A Season Ticket

He was the same last year - ineffective on the wet surfaces but when it starts to dry up he shows his quality. Whilst he's no Percival he creates doubt in the minds of defenders when he gets the ball in space. He reminds me of Meli with his running style - he's all ankles and feet but is doing a good job for us again this year. Very underrated player.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Playing for an NRL contract and the way he’s playing, who wouldn’t take a punt down under

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Playing for an NRL contract and the way he’s playing, who wouldn’t take a punt down under
    That's a bit harsh.

Maybe he's just a good commited player.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

That's a bit harsh.

Maybe he's just a good commited player.
    I have no doubt he is, he’s also putting himself in the shop window. Long may his form continue as he’s now showing the ability of the player we signed

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

When he plays well he plays well but he doesn’t do it enough for me

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Thought he was very good tonight, defensively in particular he's been on it for a good few weeks now. He saved a couple of tries tonight where Leeds had overlaps but his positioning closed them down and gave the inside defenders a chance to cover across. Good step, good hand-off, scored an important try as well again.

Both Morgan and Percival had big games.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Got A Season Ticket

Only a cynic would suggest that his firm has improved since Naiqama signed for next year. Whatever the reason, he is playing well. But so is every other player right now, Holbrook has done a fantastic job of getting the best out of all the players.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Ryan Morgan is playing very well to be fair. Big improvement on last season.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket Motherwell Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    For me Tommy overran it, rather than the pass bring off target. I’d be delighted if Ryan stays next, plus Benny and Naiqama too!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    With the game being as tight as it was I think he went for what should of been the winning try. He had drawn the two defenders and it would of been an easy finish if Tommy had been a yard back. Look at how many times last night players got held up over the line.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Motherwell Saint View Post
    For me Tommy overran it, rather than the pass bring off target. I’d be delighted if Ryan stays next, plus Benny and Naiqama too!
    If all three stay it’s hard to see how all 3 play, as TM and Grace both are doing a great job as well (and Swift is already in the wings ... pun intended)

Morgan is having a good run of form. He never seems spectacular (which Naiqama seems to be) but is a solid professional, which is sometimes what's needed. He seems a quiet kind of bloke who gets on with his job without fuss and does it well.

No idea if he's staying next season or not - but what we have learned this season is he's willing to bide his time to get back into the team. He was out for a number of games but once he came back he took his chance well. If we did have Percy, Morgan and Naiqama all in competition for the centre spots - that would be quite something. Seems also Naiqama is willing to be a good team player and play where picked - as he has for club and country.

I would be happy to see Morgan here again next season and if he is to leave early - we have great quality there with the addition of Naiqama. Anyone know when Percy is contracted until?

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Motherwell Saint View Post
    Good to see your username appear on here again mate!
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Starting A Programme Collection Oldham_Saint's Avatar

It helps that the ball is going right side a lot more than it used to under Cunningham. It was always unfair to judge him and Tommy/Owens etc when they were feeding off scraps.
    RHINO balls are like Bon Jovi albums - Slippery When Wet

ST HELENS RFC - Back in business, Thank you Justin Holbrook.

"I turn the TV volume down because these comedians on SKY are speaking a load of rubbish. They're making a simple game complicated with their long-winded, pointless jargon". Kevin Ashcroft

...I think it's a fair slogan for the World Cup. If you come to England and you don't like the weather, TOUGH TITTIES!!! Andrew Voss, PNG vs Samoa, 4:Nov:13

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post
    It helps that the ball is going right side a lot more than it used to under Cunningham. It was always unfair to judge him and Tommy/Owens etc when they were feeding off scraps.
    Can't argue with that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Haven't had decent service to the right side since we had Gidley. Shenton could have done so much better for us with some ball to play with. A balanced attack this season has been the key to our success. It stretches the defence creating the gaps for the likes of Barba, Roby and Richardson to exploit, also prevents teams overloading against our left hand side to shut down Percival.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    If all three stay it’s hard to see how all 3 play, as TM and Grace both are doing a great job as well (and Swift is already in the wings ... pun intended)
    If Barba & Naiqama play where will Morgan play .

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    That was my point I think!

There’s also some renewed reason to look at Makinson at centre again too after his England performance imo.

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Most probably NRL.
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Got A Season Ticket

All criticism towards him was completely justified. He was appalling.