Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Men’s Room

Got A Season Ticket

I went through a dark period with depression and anxiety which was brought on by a number of things. I didn’t have anyone who would genuinely listen so decided to speak to a counsellor. Might not be for everyone but for me just having someone to speak to who didn’t judge or interfere was what I really needed. It didn’t ‘cure’ me but it set me on the right path and although it’s taken a few years to achieve it I’m definitely in a consistent good place these days.

Stay positive and take pleasure from the little things that you might take for granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default The Men’s Room

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I've been wanting to write this all week. I'm really struggling at the moment, I'm drinking too much and can feel the depression creeping back in again. I think that's what's getting me down, I've been making an effort to do the right things and I can't seem to get it right. Tried to knock the drink on the head but that in itself makes me unhappy, tried a change of direction workwise but don't seem to be getting anywhere. On top of that it just feels like everything in my life is going wrong.

It probably sounds a bit self pitying this and I know I'm not that hard done to but it feels like life has taken a massive crap on my shoulder.
    Sorry to hear that. A good mate of mine who struggled for a long time with anxiety absolutely swears by mindfulness/meditation. I’ve been letting work get on top of me a bit lately so I’ve been giving it a go for the last few days (just doing 5 minutes first thing in the morning using the free bits of the Headspace app). Early signs are good - a few things that would have wound me up haven’t got to me.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I've been wanting to write this all week...
    Are you able to get back to a local gym? I remember you saying that you used one a while back.
    Getting those endorphins flowing can provide a 'mood boost' for some.

Banned

Cheers lads, I'm feeling a bit better as it goes. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I've got a few things on this week and next that I'm looking forward to to be honest. I think I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself and needed to get a bit perspective. Just need to get a grip on the bevvy now.

Got A Replica Shirt

Speaking from vast experience, the booze solves nothing. I thought it was a comfort until I got to the point where I had to keep drinking to stay away from the heebee geebees. It feels okay for a while, but it’s a downer. Good luck and hope things are going okay for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saintgibbo View Post
    Speaking from vast experience, the booze solves nothing. I thought it was a comfort until I got to the point where I had to keep drinking to stay away from the heebee geebees. It feels okay for a while, but it’s a downer. Good luck and hope things are going okay for you.
    Just heading to the gym now.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

There’s some tough stories on this topic.
    Talk to someone. You are not alone and will get help.
    Grief of all kinds can make you feel inadequate, but your not. Support will help you sail a course to rebuilding self confidence and worth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    There’s some tough stories on this topic.
    Talk to someone. You are not alone and will get help.
    Grief of all kinds can make you feel inadequate, but your not. Support will help you sail a course to rebuilding self confidence and worth.
    That's about the most sensible thing you've ever posted on here. Welcome back, you ••••.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Hi apologie for not replying to one or threads unfortunately I was taken into hospital, the reason I will give my body rejected part of my treatment and please believe me I was really I'll I have now been discharged but still feel really bad on a scale of 10 being the worst I was at 10 , now probably about 3--4 . I will reply but at the moment I must avoid avoid stress again apologies.
    Regards
    RoySnr.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Hi apologie for not replying to one or threads unfortunately I was taken into hospital, the reason I will give my body rejected part of my treatment and please believe me I was really I'll I have now been discharged but still feel really bad on a scale of 10 being the worst I was at 10 , now probably about 3--4 . I will reply but at the moment I must avoid avoid stress again apologies.
    Regards
    RoySnr.
    You just concentrate on yourself mate.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Regards
    RoySnr.
    Your insight has been missed take care and good luck.

Regards
    RoySnr.
    All the best Roy, take care!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Banned

It's been a while since I felt the need to post in here but all of a sudden today I'm in a terrible mood so I'm thinking I need to nip in the bud. I've been loads better over the past few months, got back into regular exercise, lost some weight and generally feeling better about life. I had a bit of crap week last week but nothing major and there's been something playing on my mind regarding the ex, that's ••••ing me off just that I'm giving her the time of day to be honest. I've really cut back on the booze too but strangely it's annoying me not being able to go for a "normal" pint with my mates without having to sign in, order bloody food and all the rest of it, next thing you'll have to put your hand up and ask the waitress to go for leak.
    I think it's mainly down to the fact I'm having to move house at the moment which again is basically down to my ex and her selfish behaviour. And I know I shouldn't be letting her wind me up but it just feels like I'm treading water and her shit is making my life more difficult.

Regards
    RoySnr.
    Keep going Roy & take care of yourself

It's been a while since I felt the need to post in here but all of a sudden today I'm in a terrible mood so I'm thinking I need to nip in the bud. I've been loads better over the past few months, got back into regular exercise, lost some weight and generally feeling better about life. I had a bit of crap week last week but nothing major and there's been something playing on my mind regarding the ex, that's ••••ing me off just that I'm giving her the time of day to be honest. I've really cut back on the booze too but strangely it's annoying me not being able to go for a "normal" pint with my mates without having to sign in, order bloody food and all the rest of it, next thing you'll have to put your hand up and ask the waitress to go for leak.
    I think it's mainly down to the fact I'm having to move house at the moment which again is basically down to my ex and her selfish behaviour. And I know I shouldn't be letting her wind me up but it just feels like I'm treading water and her shit is making my life more difficult.

Exes are exes for a reason Dave. It's easier for me as I'm not in the situation but I'd bite your tongue & move out & move on. The less you say, the less it will drag on.

Not done a lot in my life but I've never let an ex bother me or dwelled on a break up. People tend to remember the good times rather than the whole lot of bad, which makes it harder. Close off, move on & get on with your life.

Sorry to sound harsh

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

It's been a while since I felt the need to post in here but all of a sudden today I'm in a terrible mood...
    There are various top 10 lists of 'most stressful' life events, but 'splitting up' and 'moving house' are both up there. Throw in the Covid bol***ks and its perhaps no surprise that you're not feeling too great.
    Hang on in there!

You never know. That waitress might give you a hand!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Hi Dave, hope things are better. I think getting exercise you are doing the right thing. A couple of times when I was under stress all I wanted to do was get out and run, to get things out of my mind. Also enjoyed taking the dog out as they don't judge you. Always felt better meeting up with my mates when my head was a bit clearer after doing one of those two. Good luck getting on with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Hi Dave, hope things are better. I think getting exercise you are doing the right thing. A couple of times when I was under stress all I wanted to do was get out and run, to get things out of my mind. Also enjoyed taking the dog out as they don't judge you. Always felt better meeting up with my mates when my head was a bit clearer after doing one of those two. Good luck getting on with it.
    I was going to go for a run after posting that and watching the end of the Everton game. I've just woke up on the couch

I actually feel a bit better after having a kip, maybe that's what it was, I've been keeping some strange hours with work so maybe that's messed with body a bit.

That cow taking the dog and not letting me see it is one of the things annoying me. I'll be reet though, I'll go to the gym first thing and there's a tomahawk steak in the fridge so things could be worse.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Exes are exes for a reason Dave. It's easier for me as I'm not in the situation but I'd bite your tongue & move out & move on. The less you say, the less it will drag on.

Not done a lot in my life but I've never let an ex bother me or dwelled on a break up. People tend to remember the good times rather than the whole lot of bad, which makes it harder. Close off, move on & get on with your life.

Sorry to sound harsh
    No issue with that at all. You know what I'm like, I'm a pragmatist and say things how I see them and that's the problem, I don't do well keeping my mouth shut but I know you're right. It's not dwelling on the breakup, it's the way she did it and the shit she caused me, but you're still right.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    There are various top 10 lists of 'most stressful' life events, but 'splitting up' and 'moving house' are both up there. Throw in the Covid bol***ks and its perhaps no surprise that you're not feeling too great.
    Hang on in there!

You never know. That waitress might give you a hand!
    That wouldn't upset me.

Learning All The Songs

Hi All. I haven’t posted much on here lately but I read the forum regularly. It’s been a tough year along with Covid 19 I’ve had severe arthritis in my hip. It’s got progressively worse over 18 months and I had a hip replacement 3 days ago. I feel much better and I’m amazed it’s happened so quickly. I’m still in pain but I know it will get better. Through this tough period Saints has been very important to me so has this forum and I wanted you to know that. I live in Cornwall and I can’t afford Sky so I don’t see the matches much. I have been saving and dreading having to pay privately which is hellish expensive. Lucky for me I got a very sudden NHS operation.

Take care and thanks for your rugby posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Hi All. I haven’t posted much on here lately but I read the forum regularly. It’s been a tough year along with Covid 19 I’ve had severe arthritis in my hip. It’s got progressively worse over 18 months and I had a hip replacement 3 days ago. I feel much better and I’m amazed it’s happened so quickly. I’m still in pain but I know it will get better. Through this tough period Saints has been very important to me so has this forum and I wanted you to know that. I live in Cornwall and I can’t afford Sky so I don’t see the matches much. I have been saving and dreading having to pay privately which is hellish expensive. Lucky for me I got a very sudden NHS operation.

Hello Pasty. Is that why you have that username? As you live in Cornwall. If so, I like it. How are you getting on?

Regards the tv, we ain't got Sky either. We use that NOW TV. Get a sky sports pass for a tenner for 24 hours or £14.99 for a weekend.

Don't know if you could do that every 2 or 3 weeks? Need a smart tv for it to work on a television but you can also get it through a laptop.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Hope you have a swift and full recovery Pasty
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Learning All The Songs

On the good side Pasty, your new hip is a blessing. I had mine done 29th April and was discharged two days later. It took a few weeks to get the hang of it but it was worth the effort. Take care and get walking.

Got A Season Ticket

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2020/10/2...ack-virtually/

SCDF's Offload programme is back.

Please also pass this on to anyone you know who may find it useful.

Starting A Programme Collection

It’s a tough time with added stress no wonder your having a bit of a bumpy time . As hard and horrid as it is , under the circumstances your experiencing its normal to feel the way you do . Try to accept the feeling for what it is , but it’s not you ! It’s just a feeling , It will pass . Cutting down booze and exercise are real positives . Your doing well pal .